Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 02:42 PM

504 posts, read 496,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
That popped up on my redfin feed yesterday, too. What a gorgeous home. That would easily be 750K west of ridge land in Oak Park.
Great home, but not in the top 3 on its block in my opinion - I went over here after seeing the posting.

I personally wouldnt pay that much for it given the relative amount of crime, quality of elementary schools (although the one a block away looks good), and current lack of things to do. The area has upside with that great town hall close by, an L a block away, and bones for great commercial business.. but not for me right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 03:25 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Great looking home, but 5BR home going for only 275K? Yeah, it must be the neighborhood...

You also have to ask if you really need a 5 BR home in the first place...

That house would be a minumum of 800K in Boston, and in quite a few suburban communities, would tip the scale at over 1 million...

Old 06-10-2018, 10:12 AM

796 posts, read 930,815 times
why not look at the galewood part of austin. specifically west of narragansett and north of north avenue. some nice reasonably priced homes, and that area is very safe.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:30 PM

504 posts, read 496,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniemac View Post
why not look at the galewood part of austin. specifically west of narragansett and north of north avenue. some nice reasonably priced homes, and that area is very safe.
As long as you are near the metra, it is a reasonable place to live. I have to admit - I prefer the housing east of narragansett. The new development coming up at North/Harlem in an old Sears looks interesting though, but I'm worried about the lack of trains there (unless you bus/drive the 1.5 miles to the green line).

I was walking around one of my favorite houses in Austin yesterday - this white beauty https://www.google.com/maps/place/59...!4d-87.7739815

Old 06-16-2018, 07:01 AM

796 posts, read 930,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKParker View Post
As long as you are near the metra, it is a reasonable place to live. I have to admit - I prefer the housing east of narragansett. The new development coming up at North/Harlem in an old Sears looks interesting though, but I'm worried about the lack of trains there (unless you bus/drive the 1.5 miles to the green line).

I was walking around one of my favorite houses in Austin yesterday - this white beauty https://www.google.com/maps/place/59...!4d-87.7739815
Well that area is bordered by suburbs to the West and south. My assumption is most who would live there would have a car.

East of Narragansett is kinda sketchy IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago