Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 04:37 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
I remember that site. They wouldn't allow me to join for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I think something was wrong with the site because no one answered the contact us I sent them requesting to be allowed in and when I registered it never went through.

Anyways I read a lot of what they talk about with storms and stuff. I think for a while there we saw an slight increase in storms like hurricanes but not much over time just only for like a year or two. I think because we have more access to information via TV with over 100 stations constantly reporting storms all over the world it makes it feel like they are increasing when they aren't. They may be getting a bit stronger but not necessarily increasing in frequency. Let's not forget satellite where you can zero in on a gnats little behind to make it feel like we are actually in the storms or right there in the war with the bombs. This adds to the sensationalism.

I think it's the sensationalism that gets people like Rapture Ready members and end timers all worked up that and the fact that it's easier to follow simple stuff like the weather and a few wars here and there. I'm fairly sure and this is IMHO that the signs to watch for written in the bible with the weather, wars, famine, etc were meant to mean they are supposed to be happening all over (diverse places) all at once not scattered and only during the usual seasonal periods. The "Birth Pains" are what the increase is...the "Birth Pains" is the earth's storms, tornadoes, volcano's erupting, etc. that and the increase in wars.

I don't mean to insult when I say this but I truly think when people get what I call the 'fever' for the end times that they are not happy with their lives. I think they hate their jobs, which most people do, and that they shouldn't want this to happen even if they do believe their savior is coming. I don't mean if they believe I'm talking about when they become obsessed with it. They also like believing to say a sort of I told you so and now you will get yours kind of attitude for not believing me. I dont' have any stats on this or proof but I tend to think America is sensationalizes it the end times only to make money. Even with that stupid Mayan calendar it's all just spin off of the end times, doomsday, tribulation which is not even in the bible excpet only maybe one time...it's really called Daniel's 70th week. Watch when 2012 comes and nobody is raptured they will come up with another sign or time line or warning to push it back. BTW rapture is also not in the bible as far as I know. It's called the catching away, caught up escaping when referring to Jesus coming back and when referring to Daniels 70th week. That is another baloney interpretation only for the purpose of hyping it up. My great grandmother lived to be 105 years old and she said the same thing about storms and when new technology came out and when there was a war. It just scares people so much and is the perfect time for preachers to jump in for the $$$.
I think that pretty much sums it up.

The only halfway convincing biblical argument I've heard that this is "the last days" is "knowledge shall be increased". My grandmother started out in a horse and buggy and lived to see men on the moon. That's quite a drastic jump in knowledge/technology in a very short period of time.

Yet I see that verse referring to the increase in God knowledge that Jesus brought. It was even MORE drastic than the horse to manned rockets transition and we have plain statements that THEN was the last days - not now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 04:40 AM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we are learning here rather than bickering.
I'm very sure.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:52 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Yes, the rapture ready crowd superimposes a literalist/furturist spin on everything that happens. So hypnotized by the illusion (akin to mass hysteria) that they aren't even aware that it's happening. I understand that my words appear as the words of a mocking denier from inside the illusion but to me - the reverse is true.

But why are you so focused on "the crowd"? You believe God's still speaking in these last days right? Are you hearing HIM?

Old 09-03-2010, 03:49 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Very true, fear does sell very well. I would also add that most people who are rapture obsessed have a poor theological foundation.
Yes but I think even if they did have at least some they would still choose "cherry picking" it's easier and more comfortable for them and for the religious preachers to preach with cherry picking because it sells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I see nothing I disagree with here, I guess I can log off now.
I'm glad you agree.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
But why are you so focused on "the crowd"? You believe God's still speaking in these last days right? Are you hearing HIM?
Most people want to be right about all these things and believe they are hearing HIM. When large groups start generating the same end time/rapture/literal destruction of the earth vibe - it takes on a life of it's own.

Since God is not angry with people and not out to destroy them it's easy for me to judge the absurd modern end time teachings as false.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I think that pretty much sums it up.

The only halfway convincing biblical argument I've heard that this is "the last days" is "knowledge shall be increased". My grandmother started out in a horse and buggy and lived to see men on the moon. That's quite a drastic jump in knowledge/technology in a very short period of time.

Yet I see that verse referring to the increase in God knowledge that Jesus brought. It was even MORE drastic than the horse to manned rockets transition and we have plain statements that THEN was the last days - not now.
Yes there has been an increase in secular knowledge and technology at least in some Countries. I wouldn't say every Country when I consider the barbaric rituals some live by to this day.

I wonder what makes you think it was about knowledge in advancements/technology? It was written about their future time but in reference to god revealing it not the knowledge discovered by humans. According to the passage the scrolls have been sealed and won't be opened until a future time. So the knowledge is revealed not discovered.

It doesn't make sense to write that he has this knowledge (Daniel) but doesn't reveal it and is told seal it up for a later time. Why bother saying there is knowledge that he can't reveal? it makes no sense unless that knowledge is in reference to a messiah the called Yeshua and now called Jesus.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
I wonder what makes you think it was about knowledge in advancements/technology?
People talking nonsense (mainly)

Old 09-06-2010, 04:46 AM

1,220 posts, read 987,599 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Thank you herefornow...firstborn...here is the thread...

Now that you've payed attention: Stay Awake ( Final Chapter)

....and I will continue to post only the "Prooven...Factual" truth's...there is a lot of underhanded things going on that no one is hearing about...I promise to keep you all informed....so please go view and read every video and article...Betsey and I...amongst other's, are living out this nightmare...but the thing the people do not realize...because they don't know, is this...everyone is going to be highly affected by this crisis...and my heart is passed broken......it's time...
......we feel like throwing up...we are...we love you...nevertheless, The Blessings of The Eternal One bring us...

Old 09-29-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
People talking nonsense (mainly)
Ah ok. They sure do have a way of getting to us one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity