Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 12:55 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygirl27 View Post
Can you say that in english not in tongues, not being smart but it sounds like jibberish.
There is only ONE Word of God Jesus Christ and He is Living and available to us as the Holy Spirit within:

1 Corinthians 2:13-16 (King James Version)

13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

And He abides with us:

1 John 2:27 (King James Version)

27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

But the veil of ignorance over the OT has corrupted Jesus' message of love.

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blinded (blind mind = ignorance): for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it(the Heart) shall turn to the Lord(Jesus Christ), the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit (Holy Spirit): and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

That liberty exists because God has "written in our Hearts" the truth so we can recognize it.

2 Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)

2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Does that make it any clearer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 03:58 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Why not just pay attention to how great the Grace of God is and thank him for sending Jesus to die for us? Trying to predict the end times doesn't seem like what God would want us to do.
You have a good point but I'm thinking what grace? What that he forgives us for our sins, being born, on the condition that we believe he's who the bible says he is? Is that the grace? it doesn't sound like grace to me.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:28 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,215,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
You have a good point but I'm thinking what grace? What that he forgives us for our sins, being born, on the condition that we believe he's who the bible says he is? Is that the grace? it doesn't sound like grace to me.
Grace and faith both come from God.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:34 PM

firstborn888 I am a little curious as to which "end time" you are referring to? There are, I think, different points of views, beliefs. I think you mean the parts about the world possibly ending or is it the signs that it is near. If not I'd like to know which parts you are questioning.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Grace and faith both come from God.
But what is grace?

Old 08-26-2010, 08:08 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,215,899 times
Quote:
But what is grace?

An unmerrited free gift of salvation.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:12 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,803 times
Quote:
firstborn888 I am a little curious as to which "end time" you are referring to? There are, I think, different points of views, beliefs. I think you mean the parts about the world possibly ending or is it the signs that it is near. If not I'd like to know which parts you are questioning.
Basically I am addressing the "rapture ready" crowd.
You can review their beliefs here: Rapture Ready - Rapture resource for the end times

A lot of threads came up insisting that earthquakes are on the rise (the statistics show they are not) and that the current solar cycle is actually the start of historically unprecedented solar activity which will result in the burning up of the earth.

You know, the "I'll fly away and then all hell will break loose" with literal stars of the heavens falling to earth etc.
(AKA: The destruction of the earth).

Old 08-27-2010, 11:31 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,249 times
Still doubting Thomas......that it won't be as He said it would?

Old 08-28-2010, 04:25 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Still doubting Thomas......that it won't be as He said it would?
No - doubting that it is now as you say it is.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:33 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
No - doubting that it is now as you say it is.
Not me firstborn888, not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity