Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 05:29 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Betsey...you sound scared...When Chist was aked when the end times shall be and of His return, He simply said He did not know and that it was only in the Father's keeping...so, then who are we as humans to predict if Christ did not and only the Father knows?...Christ was implying that one should always be prepared and focus on your walk and not on the end times...Those who are focused on the end times are scared of the materialization of those times...a True Believer would not be scared, a True Believer would be focusing on their walk and when it comes be relieved and welcoming it as the final release from all this pain and suffering...like death to a believer is only the beggining of blss with Yehuwah...

Scared? Yes, for the undecided. It so much bigger than you understand. There is coming a day that you will though...... No, a TRUE BELIEVER will not focus on themselves..!! That's why I'm here, but posting and chatting online, that's the easy part. There's more, so much MORE to come....... A TRUE BELIEVER IN CHRIST WILL LAY DOWN THEIR LIFE FOR THEIR BRETHREN!! I'm ready and, you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 06:50 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,691,333 times
well I'm down here in the south,just wavin' my hanky and hollerin' 'hayyyy-elppppppp!!.I even yell it in my best southern voice.does that count ?

Old 07-12-2010, 02:11 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Is the USA as bad off as Sudan? Is Greece as bad off as Sudan? Is China as bad of as Sudan? the answer to all 3 is NO.

Is Israel destroyed? No. Is Christianity being outlawed world wide? No. Close but No.

The signs of these things to come is there. Israel became a nation in 1948 after not being for over 1000 years. A generation can be 10 to 120 years long that would make the deadline about 2068 and anytime inbetween is any day know. 30 years ago we didnt have the web and not everyone has access to TV, know we can watch TV on our cellphones and yes it is becomeing world wide.

We were not capable of destroying the world until the 1940s and now just about every nation has access to this power while just 20 years ago only a handful of nation had access to such power.

Wars and rumors of wars is there any peaceful place in this world? Antarctica maybe.

Earthquakes in diverse places, we can only recently measure earthquakes worldwide and of course we are seeing them in places we thought were safe.

You can ignore the sign or even explain them away but they are still happening like the Bible said so.

I'm not ignoring anything, Christians simply make a mockery of the bible trying to APPEAR WISE.

I am saying that there is no more significance to world events concerning end times theology now than there was 30 years ago. Even then they looked back from the point 30 years ago and said "Sure it was like that thewn, but look at things NOW"

Saying the generation could take us to 2068 is just another prediction and no one who has predicted it has been correct, they are fools, and foolish people keep listening to the false prophets.

I suppose eventually someone can be right as long as people keep saying the end is near and if that end actually occured 2000 years from now then I guess someone would be right eventually.

Maybe in a billion or so when the sun burns out someone will finally be right.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:23 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I'm not ignoring anything, Christians simply make a mockery of the bible trying to APPEAR WISE.

I am saying that there is no more significance to world events concerning end times theology now than there was 30 years ago. Even then they looked back from the point 30 years ago and said "Sure it was like that thewn, but look at things NOW"

Saying the generation could take us to 2068 is just another prediction and no one who has predicted it has been correct, they are fools, and foolish people keep listening to the false prophets.

I suppose eventually someone can be right as long as people keep saying the end is near and if that end actually occured 2000 years from now then I guess someone would be right eventually.

Maybe in a billion or so when the sun burns out someone will finally be right.
I have no desire to appear wise I have forgotten a lot due to my stroke and I have to relearn alot as you can tell I misspell alot aswell I actuually spelled God as good. sometimes my finger click to many keys.

You can consider us fools if you like but we see something coming and we just dont want anyone to be to late, rather they prepare to early than miss the train.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:29 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,533,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Scared? Yes, for the undecided. It so much bigger than you understand. There is coming a day that you will though...... No, a TRUE BELIEVER will not focus on themselves..!! That's why I'm here, but posting and chatting online, that's the easy part. There's more, so much MORE to come....... A TRUE BELIEVER IN CHRIST WILL LAY DOWN THEIR LIFE FOR THEIR BRETHREN!! I'm ready and, you?
My question is.. would you give up heaven to free all those you suppose will go to hell? Would you stay here on earth so that all others can be 'raptured'?

Would you save even a good man by taking his place?

Old 07-13-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
I have no desire to appear wise I have forgotten a lot due to my stroke and I have to relearn alot as you can tell I misspell alot aswell I actuually spelled God as good. sometimes my finger click to many keys.

You can consider us fools if you like but we see something coming and we just dont want anyone to be to late, rather they prepare to early than miss the train.

Something? You don't know what "something" is? Oh, yeah. the same something they seen decades ago and it never came.

Beware folks "something" is coming and it's gonna get you, well unless you give lip service to the religious.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Something? You don't know what "something" is? Oh, yeah. the same something they seen decades ago and it never came.

Beware folks "something" is coming and it's gonna get you, well unless you give lip service to the religious.
You choose to attack the use of a word? I thought we had already covered what the "something" is, or are you playing the fool? No need to play we all are fools from time to time.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
You choose to attack the use of a word? I thought we had already covered what the "something" is, or are you playing the fool? No need to play we all are fools from time to time.

No, I am pointing out that you are no closer to knowing what "something" is than they were decades ago when they all got it wrong.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
No, I am pointing out that you are no closer to knowing what "something" is than they were decades ago when they all got it wrong.
All got it wrong decades ago.... What exactly was their something? Mine is the return of Christ and Judgement Day. I am preparing the way for the true beleivers and trying to wake up the lost. So what have I got wrong? Betsy is warning people like John the baptist did, what has she gotten wrong? Repent and be baptized! What is wrong with that? Believe in Jesus Christ! What is wrong with that? Turst in the Lord and every word that proceeds from His mouth! Which would be the Bible of course. What are we or those decades ago doing wrong? We are not making predictions, not setting any dates. Please shine some light on our transgressions.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:45 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
My question is.. would you give up heaven to free all those you suppose will go to hell? Would you stay here on earth so that all others can be 'raptured'?

Would you save even a good man by taking his place?

I'll pray that God give me the strength to endure.....I'm not worried about my life katonjj, I BELIEVE HIM when He said: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

I believe Him with my whole heart and soul. I'm not worried about dying, for this life is NOT my own, you understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity