Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 05:34 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
See all the signs huh? Well, that does not address the point.

30 years ago people said the exact same things, signs and wonders, etc etc based on current events, not one of them that was implying "end times" had a lick of correctness too them

Some try to say, "oh well, they shouldn't predict" and that would be right, but it is not the issue.

The issue is that what is the difference between someone saying You can watch the news and see the signs 30 years ago and someone saying the same thing 30 years later.

What makes the "current" people saying this more correct and what about 30 years from now? I have a great memory, 30 years from now if your still alive and nothing has really gone on, what are you going to say?

For instance betsey

You tell us to watch the sun based on an article that said the high temperature would be 102, do you realize that 102 is nothing compared to past records?

I'd say someone during the dust bowl would have a leg up on "end times" wolf crying and I am sure there were people during that time thinking the "end is near"

Charles Massegee(sp) is a disgrace in that area, in the 70's he wrote a book predicting Jesus return in the year 2000, he was wrong, yet, he still has an end times ministry but just doesn't throw out any dates. He has no business talking about it, but, he has the right to do so and people have the right to listen to nonsense and agree with it.

What exactly is "near" 30 years, 100 years, 1000 years.

Please people address the OP or admit you haven't really got a clue, because so far not having a clue seems the FINAL ANSWER and talking about just reading the bible and believing is a cop out to that end.

No offense, but it is time to quit deflecting and offer some substance
Is the USA as bad off as Sudan? Is Greece as bad off as Sudan? Is China as bad of as Sudan? the answer to all 3 is NO.

Is Israel destroyed? No. Is Christianity being outlawed world wide? No. Close but No.

The signs of these things to come is there. Israel became a nation in 1948 after not being for over 1000 years. A generation can be 10 to 120 years long that would make the deadline about 2068 and anytime inbetween is any day know. 30 years ago we didnt have the web and not everyone has access to TV, know we can watch TV on our cellphones and yes it is becomeing world wide.

We were not capable of destroying the world until the 1940s and now just about every nation has access to this power while just 20 years ago only a handful of nation had access to such power.

Wars and rumors of wars is there any peaceful place in this world? Antarctica maybe.

Earthquakes in diverse places, we can only recently measure earthquakes worldwide and of course we are seeing them in places we thought were safe.

You can ignore the sign or even explain them away but they are still happening like the Bible said so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 02:42 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,531,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Is the USA as bad off as Sudan? Is Greece as bad off as Sudan? Is China as bad of as Sudan? the answer to all 3 is NO.

Is Israel destroyed? No. Is Christianity being outlawed world wide? No. Close but No.

The signs of these things to come is there. Israel became a nation in 1948 after not being for over 1000 years. A generation can be 10 to 120 years long that would make the deadline about 2068 and anytime inbetween is any day know. 30 years ago we didnt have the web and not everyone has access to TV, know we can watch TV on our cellphones and yes it is becomeing world wide.

We were not capable of destroying the world until the 1940s and now just about every nation has access to this power while just 20 years ago only a handful of nation had access to such power.

Wars and rumors of wars is there any peaceful place in this world? Antarctica maybe.

Earthquakes in diverse places, we can only recently measure earthquakes worldwide and of course we are seeing them in places we thought were safe.

You can ignore the sign or even explain them away but they are still happening like the Bible said so.
There's only one generation spoken of... it was 40 years.

Where do you get 10-120 years?

Websters defines generation as:the term of years, roughly 30 among human beings, accepted as the average period between the birth of parents and the birth of their offspring.

How are you calculating these things? 70 generations have passed and you are still waiting? When it was within the generation of the Apostles. It was their peer group that experienced the 70AD destruction of the Temple and their beloved city?

Christianity is close to being banned world wide?

Old 07-10-2010, 04:08 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
There's only one generation spoken of... it was 40 years.

Where do you get 10-120 years?

Websters defines generation as:the term of years, roughly 30 among human beings, accepted as the average period between the birth of parents and the birth of their offspring.

How are you calculating these things? 70 generations have passed and you are still waiting? When it was within the generation of the Apostles. It was their peer group that experienced the 70AD destruction of the Temple and their beloved city?

Christianity is close to being banned world wide?
The lifespan good limited mankind to in Noahs vision. How old was Noah when he fathered his children?

Israel became a nation once again in 1948 it ceased to be a nation long before 70AD.

Christianity is outlawed in many nations, take Iran and China for instance and the USA is steadly outlawing Christianity. Try praying, in the name of Jesus, in a public school.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Let's address your real concern's..... first off, I'm no JESUS, so of course I CANNOT, how you put it......"Thomas, whose doubt Jesus gladly accommodated?" Are you comparing yourself to Thomas? Why Thomas? Do you really know anything about Thomas? If not, read here, start here: Learning Faith from Doubting Thomas

So you want real advice huh? Let me ask you another question? Do you believe the Bible and EVERYTHING it has in there, from beginning to end? Yes...no? Work on these.....then maybe we can talk "genuinely", okay? For that's where I get my "real practical" information from! Maybe it's your faith you have to work on?....I don't know, you tell me. Besides, if you don't believe the Bible......who am I that you'll believe a word that comes out of MY mouth?

It's all boils down to believing, doesn't it? Believing God, His Words.....ALL OF IT!! You understand?
WOW!...That was very evasive...

Old 07-10-2010, 06:16 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Betsey...you sound scared...When Chist was aked when the end times shall be and of His return, He simply said He did not know and that it was only in the Father's keeping...so, then who are we as humans to predict if Christ did not and only the Father knows?...Christ was implying that one should always be prepared and focus on your walk and not on the end times...Those who are focused on the end times are scared of the materialization of those times...a True Believer would not be scared, a True Believer would be focusing on their walk and when it comes be relieved and welcoming it as the final release from all this pain and suffering...like death to a believer is only the beggining of blss with Yehuwah...

Old 07-10-2010, 06:37 AM

701 posts, read 800,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Some news as to what's going on...

Snippet:
Homeland Security seizes control over BP oil spill website
The Department of Homeland Security has seized control over a joint BP oil spill website, previously managed by several US Government agencies and BP and intended to inform the public about the progress made in the cleanup effort.

The joint website was managed by US agencies, including the US Coast Guard, and BP to provide daily information about the oil spill and efforts made by both in conjunction with independent contractors to proceed with the cleanup effort.

Link:
http://www.huliq.com/9990/homeland-s...-spill-website
Thank you for sharing this article. I read it the other day and found it quite interesting. In fact, after reading that article I came across this one that shed some light as to why the DHS might have stepped in. It is pretty sobering.

Gulf Oil Gusher: Danger of Tsunamis From Methane?

Old 07-10-2010, 12:11 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,342,635 times
Hey, uh....hey.

I got it!

If..um...uh...cat spells dog

then...errr. um...tac spells god

Whow. That's really... like...heavy.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:41 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,044,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
The lifespan good limited mankind to in Noahs vision. How old was Noah when he fathered his children?

Israel became a nation once again in 1948 it ceased to be a nation long before 70AD.

Christianity is outlawed in many nations, take Iran and China for instance and the USA is steadly outlawing Christianity. Try praying, in the name of Jesus, in a public school.

Anyone can pray, just not out loud because not everyone is Christian. Doesn't stop you from praying. Prayers ought to be private not a group activity in a public school where children are a captive audience.

Christianity is not being outlawed in this country. I'm reminded every Christmas season just how much Christianity is not being outlawed.....

Old 07-10-2010, 05:19 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
WOW!...That was very evasive...

They understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity