Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 12:36 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,133,088 times

Advertisements

Interesting note: Two weeks ago I experienced the first level 5.0 earthquake of my life up here in Canada.

Does it mean anything? I don't really have any idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 01:30 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
I am not sure of the reference to solar activities as of yet to answer your question to Betsey but... signs of the end time can be seen in the past as well as in the present as you say, but there is a growing development in the present that is not found in the past.

The mark of the beast by which one can buy and sell.

Revelation 13:15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. 16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Now I am sure you have heard about Blair talking to Obama about a one world currency as I am sure you have heard of Kissinger announcing about prepping Obama for the leadership of the New World Order: as the world keeps announcing the gloom and doom of economic collapse and the devaluing of the American dollar, is it really unfathomable in how prophesy of the end times will become true?

A biochip implant capable of storing information and be the means of which one can buy and sell. It is already being used as that means in Europe.

Coming out in ATMs is a finger scan for transactions as it will scan the vein of the finger for identity before any such transaction can be made by the owner. Such ATMs are being deployed in Latin America, Europe, and other countries but not USA..... yet. It is not the biochip, but like a lobster in a slowly boiling pot, will the world be aware of the significance?

So how close is judgment coming on the whole earth now when the means for the New World Order and the mark of the beast system is getting in place now to be utilized when that New World Order falls into place?

I'll say...you're a wiseman, and some are truly interested in what you have to say. Keep posting.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:42 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Yeah... I heard the same thing in my Christian school. He seems pretty harmless now.
It was a great way to keep the kids inline though! After every Chapel with some speaker talking about the evils of Rock music or the end time’s reports, the same 20 kids would "rededicate" their lives to Jesus. No wonder I was turned off to church for 10 years.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:42 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,007,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Sometimes... when reading this forum... it feels like this:

Frank: Bob..I have a question for you, will you help me understand your view? what is 2+2?
Bob: Orange. No, make that yellowish-orange. Get it??!! Huh???!!
Frank:
Bob:
Frank:
Bob:
Frank:
Steve: Right on Bob! yellowish-orange! Amen!
This is beyond classic! I'm just dying with laughter over here. Reminds me of that line (question) from the original Revenge of the Nerds: "What if C A T spelled Dog?"

Old 07-08-2010, 01:47 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
YES!! That's EXACTLY what I said: "PAY ATTENTION TO THE SUN"!SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids

And YES!! PAY ATTENTION TO THE EARTHQUAKES"! Latest Earthquakes M5.0+ in the World - Past 7 days

Is there a connection between the two? I don't know, I'm paying attention to what the scientists are saying, doing my own research and will keep you posted.
Why not just pay attention to how great the Grace of God is and thank him for sending Jesus to die for us? Trying to predict the end times doesn't seem like what God would want us to do.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:51 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,533,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
It was a great way to keep the kids inline though! After every Chapel with some speaker talking about the evils of Rock music or the end time’s reports, the same 20 kids would "rededicate" their lives to Jesus. No wonder I was turned off to church for 10 years.
Yes... I forget how many times I was "rededicated" as a child. And the whole time I had immunity too...

Old 07-08-2010, 02:54 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Sometimes... when reading this forum... it feels like this:

Frank: Bob..I have a question for you, will you help me understand your view? what is 2+2?
Bob: Orange. No, make that yellowish-orange. Get it??!! Huh???!!
Frank:
Bob:
Frank:
Bob:
Frank:
Steve: Right on Bob! yellowish-orange! Amen!

Ain't that the truth! You have managed to crack me up. Thank you! -

Old 07-08-2010, 02:57 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Why not just pay attention to how great the Grace of God is and thank him for sending Jesus to die for us? Trying to predict the end times doesn't seem like what God would want us to do.
A hearty and sincere yellowish-orange amen to that, hilgi!!

Old 07-08-2010, 03:14 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Sorry, firstborn, I'm not Betsey, obviously, but I wanted to let you know that Verna has been posting some good videos on one of the other threads. I can't think of it right now. Somebody else can fill you in. Anyway, I find it rather strange that no sign of the oil spill is coming up in Google News as a main story anymore. I'm sure things haven't turned around in the last couple of days, so I'm interested in what's going on, also. I know Americans have a short attention span, but.....

Concerned and possibly a bit edgy as of late,

Herefornow.
Some news as to what's going on...

Snippet:
Homeland Security seizes control over BP oil spill website
The Department of Homeland Security has seized control over a joint BP oil spill website, previously managed by several US Government agencies and BP and intended to inform the public about the progress made in the cleanup effort.

The joint website was managed by US agencies, including the US Coast Guard, and BP to provide daily information about the oil spill and efforts made by both in conjunction with independent contractors to proceed with the cleanup effort.

Link:
http://www.huliq.com/9990/homeland-s...-spill-website

Last edited by june 7th; 07-08-2010 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: Reformatted to adhere with city-data copyright rules.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:29 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
I haven't posted in this thread...

I'm thinking this is more God specifically judging this country rather than the end of the times theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity