Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 06:07 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,442,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Nope... That is my best answer... I have no greek skills whatsoever.
Right on Katonjj, appreciate the honesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 06:07 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,509,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it does not talk about an age before this one, it talks about this age, and the next. It plainly says such sin will never be forgiven.

anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

It is funny you guys try to say it means there is fogiveness in the 3rd or 4th age. heh-heh.
Remember... "I don't know why you would not believe everything that was written about what Christ said ... I do. "

What is the greek words for " believe everything" πιστεύω πᾶς

Mark 10:15
I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

Mark 13:31
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

John 4:48
"Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders," Jesus told him, "you will never believe."

Galatians 4:30
But what does the Scripture say? "Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman's son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman's son."

Revelation 18:23
The light of a lamp will never shine in you again. The voice of bridegroom and bride will never be heard in you again.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:08 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,772,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
No one ever said there weren't world or ages to come. But what we are saying is that THE AGE TO COME is POST SECOND COMING.
You cannot stay consistent with the themes, instead you bring forth straw men arguments. Eph 3:5 is past ages/world/courses of man's dominion on earth, and Eph 2:7 is Dative Plural Masculine, referring to the eternality of God's richness and grace.
You infer as much, the scriptures do not stipulate as much. Christ was referring to the destruction that was coming on Israel ("this age", the age they were in which ended in 70 AD), and that they would be cut off after that("the age to come", which we are now in) ... But they will be "grafted back in"(in a still later age), and all Israel will be saved.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:08 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,542,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
According to your interpretation. And i disagree with your interpretation. The age to come was talking about the age we are now in, and for the past 2000 years Israel has been in exile and have suffered the judgment which started in 70 AD ... The ages of ages is after this age and the next, after the second coming. Christ did not say, "have not forgiveness neither in this age, or in the ages of ages". Had he said that, then you would have an argument, but he did not, and you don't.
Exactly... whether preterist or futurist there is clearly more than 2 ages spoken of in scripture....

Old 08-16-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
So where is your proof of ONLY 2 ages?

Just that verse? You assume much...

Jude reveals AGES: to the only wise God our Saviour, is glory and greatness, power and authority, both now and to all the ages! Amen. (1:25 YLT)

Would you say "to all the ages" if there were only two? Perhaps....

There seems to be a trend in the use of "age" in the bible... can you see it?
Katonjj,

Finn never said there were only two ages. He only said that this verse speaks of them, and from our thematic undertsanding of the scriptures, the age to come is post resurrection of the dead, which is post second coming, which is where God is all in all. Which according to the scriptures, is the last and everlasting age where the saints rule with Christ forever and ever. Two verses in Ephesians do not contradict the hundreds of verses that speak this truth. They support its eternality.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:10 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,509,974 times
Quote:
Exactly... whether preterist or futurist there is clearly more than 2 ages spoken of in scripture....
Ok....old age

Old 08-16-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Right on Katonjj, appreciate the honesty.
Having no greek skills, at least I could have honesty (and humor ).

Old 08-16-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Ok....old age
and young age?

Old 08-16-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Katonjj,

Finn never said there were only two ages. He only said that this verse speaks of them, and from our thematic undertsanding of the scriptures, the age to come is post resurrection of the dead, which is post second coming, which is where God is all in all. Which according to the scriptures, is the last and everlasting age where the saints rule with Christ forever and ever. Two verses in Ephesians do not contradict the hundreds of verses that speak this truth. They support its eternality.
He said that "not in this age or the age to come" means NEVER.

That leads me to believe he is saying there are no other ages but that 2 (and his post making fun of there being 3 or 4)...

I understand where you are coming from, however, we see that the NT age and turmoil is different from the age the law was implemented and so is the age immediately after 70AD different from the age we presently live in. The scripture doesn't address ALL the ages there have been but only deals with the ages that are relevant.

"this age" "age to come" "age-abiding life"...etc... doesn't make you think this is an idiom that was used by them with a wholly different meaning than the one we call eternity or never or even age?

Old 08-16-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
He said that "not in this age or the age to come" means NEVER.

That leads me to believe he is saying there are no other ages but that 2 (and his post making fun of there being 3 or 4)...

I understand where you are coming from, however, we see that the NT age and turmoil is different from the age the law was implemented and so is the age immediately after 70AD different from the age we presently live in. The scripture doesn't address ALL the ages there have been but only deals with the ages that are relevant.

"this age" "age to come" "age-abiding life"...etc... doesn't make you think this is an idiom that was used by them with a wholly different meaning than the one we call eternity or never or even age?
Katonjj,

I agree with most of what you are saying, but your last sentence is subject to further questioning and analysis, and from what we have analyzed thus far, as in the Age to Come, since it is post SC and ROTD, then, according to the prophets and Christ, it is an eternal age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity