Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 03:06 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times

Advertisements

Original Word: ἐκ
Transliteration: ek or ex
Phonetic Spelling: (ek)
Short Definition: out of
Word Origin
a prim. preposition denoting origin
Definition
from, from out of

after (1), against (1), among (18), based (5), basis (2), because (10), belonged* (1), belonging* (1), depends (1), depends* (1), derived (1), grudgingly* (1), heavenly* (1), inspired (1), means (1), over (1), reason (1), result (4), say* (1), since (1), some (3), through (1), under (1), utterly* (1), way (1), without* (1).

Original Word: ὁμολογέω
Transliteration: homologeó
Phonetic Spelling: (hom-ol-og-eh'-o)
Short Definition: confess
Word Origin
from homologos (of one mind)
Definition
to speak the same, to agree

acknowledge (2), admit (1), assured (1), confess (6), confessed (4), confesses (6), confessing (1), declare (1), give thanks (1), made (1), profess (1), promised (1).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 03:13 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,375 times
Mike or sciotamicks, can either of you clearly answer post #175?

Old 08-17-2010, 03:28 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The Lamb is........?...on the throne........for ever and ever.
Christ never gives up His reign. If you are saying that He does, then you don't believe He is God. Period.
I believe Christ is God, and so long as mankind is in separation from God, and so long as God is not all in all, the Christ must reign. But when all things are made subject to Christ who is God, the God will become all and in all. We will all be in God and God will be in all. At that time, there will be nor more crime, nor any dissension, nor sin or death or pain or suffering, and thus there will be no need for government or authority. If God is all in all, then all are on the same level, not one will be greater than anyone else, we will all exist in harmony of deity. Government is only necessary because of social disorder, at that time there will be no more disorder or chaos, only bliss and harmony as we walk side by side with God, as we are all made to sit in the throne of the father even as Christ is now sat down in the throne of the father. We will all be one with God absolutely.

Quote:
You are doing it again...stop with the to the ages and ages gymnastics...here is your quick verse referrence for εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων in Rev 22:5

Galatians 1:5 ᾧ ἡ δόξα εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων, ἀμήν.
to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
Noun: Accusative Plural Masculine

Philippians 4:20 τῷ δὲ θεῷ καὶ πατρὶ ἡμῶν ἡ δόξα εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων, ἀμήν.
Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever! Amen.

1 Timothy 1:17 τῷ δὲ βασιλεῖ τῶν αἰώνων. ἀφθάρτῳ ἀοράτῳ μόνῳ θεῷ, τιμὴ καὶ δόξα εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων, ἀμήν.
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

2 Timothy 4:18 ῥύσεταί με ὁ κύριος ἀπὸ παντὸς ἔργου πονηροῦ καὶ σώσει εἰς τὴν βασιλείαν αὐτοῦ τὴν ἐπουράνιον· ᾧ ἡ δόξα εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων, ἀμήν.
And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me for his heavenly Kingdom; to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Hebrews 13:21 καταρτίσαι ὑμᾶς ἐν παντὶ ἀγαθῷ εἰς τὸ ποιῆσαι τὸ θέλημα αὐτοῦ, ποιῶν ἐν ἡμῖν τὸ εὐάρεστον ἐνώπιον αὐτοῦ διὰ Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ, ᾧ ἡ δόξα εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων, ἀμήν.
make you complete in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

1 Peter 4:11 εἴ τις λαλεῖ, ὡς λόγια θεοῦ· εἴ τις διακονεῖ ὡς ἐξ ἰσχύος ἧς χορηγεῖ ὁ θεός, ἵνα ἐν πᾶσιν δοξάζηται ὁ θεὸς διὰ Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ, ᾧ ἐστιν ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων, ἀμήν.
If anyone speaks, let it be as it were the very words of God. If anyone serves, let it be as of the strength which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 1:6 καὶ ἐποίησεν ἡμᾶς βασιλείαν, ἱερεῖς τῷ θεῷ καὶ πατρὶ αὐτοῦ, αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας· [τῶν αἰώνων] ἀμήν.
and he made us to be a Kingdom, priests to his God and Father; to him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 1:18 καὶ ὁ ζῶν καὶ ἐγενόμην νεκρὸς καὶ ἰδοὺ ζῶν εἰμι εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων καὶ ἔχω τὰς κλεῖς τοῦ θανάτου καὶ τοῦ ᾅδου.
and the Living one. I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. I have the keys of Death and of Hades.

Revelation 4:9 Καὶ ὅταν δώσουσιν τὰ ζῷα δόξαν καὶ τιμὴν καὶ εὐχαριστίαν τῷ καθημένῳ ἐπὶ τοῦ / τῷ θρόνου / θρόνῳ τῷ ζῶντι εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων,
When the living creatures give glory, honor, and thanks to him who sits on the throne, to him who lives forever and ever,

Revelation 4:10 πεσοῦνται οἱ εἴκοσι τέσσαρες πρεσβύτεροι ἐνώπιον τοῦ καθημένου ἐπὶ τοῦ θρόνου καὶ προσκυνήσουσιν τῷ ζῶντι εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων καὶ βαλοῦσιν τοὺς στεφάνους αὐτῶν ἐνώπιον τοῦ θρόνου λέγοντες,
the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives forever and ever, and throw their crowns before the throne, saying,

Revelation 5:13 Καὶ πᾶν κτίσμα ὃ ἐν τῷ οὐρανῷ καὶ ἐπὶ τῆς γῆς καὶ ὑποκάτω τῆς γῆς καὶ ἐπὶ τῆς θαλάσσης (ἐστιν) καὶ τὰ ἐν αὐτοῖς πάντα ἤκουσα λέγοντας τῷ καθημένῳ ἐπὶ τοῦ / τῷ θρόνου / θρόνῳ καὶ τῷ ἀρνίῳ ἡ εὐλογία καὶ ἡ τιμὴ καὶ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων.
I heard every created thing which is in heaven, on the earth, under the earth, on the sea, and everything in them, saying, "To him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb be the blessing, the honor, the glory, and the dominion, forever and ever! Amen!"

Revelation 7:12 λέγοντες, ἀμήν, ἡ εὐλογία καὶ ἡ δόξα καὶ ἡ σοφία καὶ ἡ εὐχαριστία καὶ ἡ τιμὴ καὶ ἡ δύναμις καὶ ἡ ἰσχὺς τῷ θεῷ ἡμῶν εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων· ἀμήν.
saying, "Amen! Blessing, glory, wisdom, thanksgiving, honor, power, and might, be to our God forever and ever! Amen."

Revelation 10:6 καὶ ὤμοσεν ἐν τῷ ζῶντι εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων, ὃς ἔκτισεν τὸν οὐρανὸν καὶ τὰ ἐν αὐτῷ καὶ τὴν γῆν καὶ τὰ ἐν αὐτῇ καὶ τὴν θάλασσαν καὶ τὰ ἐν αὐτῇ, ὅτι χρόνος οὐκέτι ἔσται,
and swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things that are in it, the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there will no longer be delay,

Revelation 11:15 Καὶ ὁ ἕβδομος ἄγγελος ἐσάλπισεν καὶ ἐγένοντο φωναὶ μεγάλαι ἐν τῷ οὐρανῷ λέγοντες, ἐγένετο ἡ βασιλεία τοῦ κόσμου τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν καὶ τοῦ Χριστοῦ αὐτοῦ καὶ βασιλεύσει εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων.
The seventh angel sounded, and great voices in heaven followed, saying, "The kingdom of the world has become the Kingdom of our Lord, and of his Christ. He will reign forever and ever!"

Revelation 15:7 καὶ ἓν ἐκ τῶν τεσσάρων ζῴων ἔδωκεν τοῖς ἑπτὰ ἀγγέλοις ἑπτὰ φιάλας χρυσᾶς γεμούσας τοῦ θυμοῦ τοῦ θεοῦ τοῦ ζῶντος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων.
One of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God, who lives forever and ever.

Revelation 19:3 καὶ δεύτερον εἴρηκαν, ἁλληλουϊά· καὶ ὁ καπνὸς αὐτῆς ἀναβαίνει εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων.
A second said, "Hallelujah! Her smoke goes up forever and ever."

Revelation 20:10 καὶ ὁ διάβολος ὁ πλανῶν αὐτοὺς ἐβλήθη εἰς τὴν λίμνην τοῦ πυρὸς καὶ θείου ὅπου καὶ τὸ θηρίον καὶ ὁ ψευδοπροφήτης, καὶ βασανισθήσονται ἡμέρας καὶ νυκτὸς εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων.
The devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet are also. They will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 22:5 καὶ νὺξ οὐκ ἔσται ἔτι καὶ οὐκ ἔχουσιν χρείαν φωτὸς λύχνου καὶ φῶς / φωτὸς ἡλίου, ὅτι κύριος ὁ θεὸς φωτίσει ἐπ' αὐτούς, καὶ βασιλεύσουσιν εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων.
There will be no night, and they need no lamp light; for the Lord God will illuminate them. They will reign forever and ever.

You have been corrected once again for the thousandth time.
It means forever and ever.
You have only shown your willing ignorance of the facts. "The ages of the ages" does not mean eternity. And neither does "the age of the ages", or "the age of the age". These are three distinct phrases and represent three distinct times.

Quote:
Dr. F.W. Farrar, author of The Life of Christ and The Life and Work of St. Paul, as well as books about Greek grammar and syntax, writes in The Eternal Hope (p. 198), "That the adjective is applied to some things which are "endless" does not, of course, for one moment prove that the word itself meant 'endless;' and to introduce this rendering into many passages would be utterly impossible and absurd." In his book, Mercy and Judgment, Dr. Farrar states (p. 378), "Since aion meant 'age,' aionios means, properly, 'belonging to an age,' or 'age-long,' and anyone who asserts that it must mean 'endless' defends a position which even Augustine practically abandoned twelve centuries ago. Even if aion always meant 'eternity,' which is not the case in classic or Hellenistic Greek-aionios could still mean only 'belonging to eternity' and not 'lasting through it.'"

Lange's Commentary American Edition (vol. V, p. 48), on Ecclesiastes chapter 1 verse 4, in commenting upon the statement "The earth abideth forever" says, "The preacher, in contending with the universalist, or restorationist, would commit an error, and, it may be, suffer a failure in his argument, should he lay the whole stress of it on the etymological or historical significance of the words, aion, aionios, and attempt to prove that, of themselves, they necessarily carry the meaning of endless duration." On page 45 of the same work, Dr. Taylor Lewis says: "The Greek aiones and aiones ton aionon, the Latin secula, and secula seculorum, the Old Saxon, or Old English of Wycliffe, to worldis or worldis (Heb. XIII 21), or our more modern phrase, for ever and ever, wherever the German ewig, was originally a noun denoting age or a vast period, just like the Greek, Latin, and Hebrew words corresponding to it."

Ephesians 3:21: eis pasas tas geneas tou aionos ton aionon, "for all the generations of the eon of the eons." KJV: "throughout all the ages, world without end." ASV margin: "unto all the generations of the age of the ages." Young's Literal Translation: "into the age of the ages." The "eon of the eons" refers to a crowning eon of another which precedes it.
So what is meant by this expression? Many KJV tradition scholars say that these three different Greek phrases are idiomatic expressions for "eternity." Idiotic, perhaps, but not idiomatic! Similar expressions used in the Scriptures are cited in order to illustrate the meaning: Song of Solomon 1:1, "song of songs;" Eccl. 12:8, "vanity of vanities;" Gen. 9:25, "servant of servants;" Ex. 26:33, "holy of the holies;" Deut. 10:17, "God of gods and Lord of lords;" Dan. 8:25, "prince of princes;" Phil. 3:5, "Hebrew of Hebrews;" 1 Tim. 6:15, "King of kings and Lord of lords." Most students of the Scriptures understand what is meant by such expressions, so why is Eph. 3:21, "eon of the eons" an enigma? The eon of the eons refers to the final and greatest of all eons. That it cannot refer to "eternity" is shown by the statement that there will be "generations," which implies procreation, which will not happen in eternity since we will then be like the angels. This eon succeeds the millennial eon, and is previous to the final state.

From http://richardwaynegarganta.com/An%2...of%20Words.pdf
Quote:
The renown Bible teacher and translator of a New Testament, Dr. William Barclay points out in his The Letters to the Corinthians that if the Greek words eis tous aionas ton aionon means endless time, as translated in the KJV, "forever and ever," we have a contradiction in Scripture, for Revelation 11:15 says, in the same version (KJV): "The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord and His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever." That contradicts 1 Cor. 15:25, which says: "He must reign till ..." If Revelation 11:15 is translated "eons of the eons" or "ages of the ages," there is no contradiction.
From The Power of Life and Death in a Greek Four Letter Word
The above i s just as small sample of quotes from scholastic authorities on the matter ...

Quote:
I wasn't talking about Ephesians. If you want to assume the Partial Pret position as I have seen you state thus far, you better read up on it, extensively on this very subject concerning the Kingdom that is handed over to God in 1st Corinthians 15. I recommend Stuart Russell, David Chilton and Kenneth Gentry. All heavyweights. Chilton went Full Pret before he died.
Please excuse my error, i meant 1 Corinthians ... the old covenant is not even mentioned once in 1st Corinthians

Quote:
No...that's your profession. My profession is correcting yours.
Your profession has been corrected ... Let the lurkers decide whose case is better made, and whose argument is better evidenced ...

Peace ...

Old 08-17-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Those members of the human race who died having rejected Christ as Savior, and those fallen angels who had rebelled against God will one day be forced as the defeated enemies of Christ to acknowledge that He is Lord.

That defies the meaning of the word "exomologeō" ... You seek to redefine the term, as do all those whom you referenced in your last post. That does not change the fact that you and they are ABSOLUTELY wrong ...

Quote:
Strong's G1843 - exomologeō -
1) to confess2) to profess
a) acknowledge openly and joyfully
b) to one's honour: to celebrate, give praise to
c) to profess that one will do something, to promise, agree, engage
Quote:
Vines expository dictionary

exomologeō
-

Confess, Confession:
ek, "out," intensive, and No. 1, and accordingly stronger than No. 1, "to confess forth," i.e., "freely, openly," is used (a) "of a public acknowledgment or confession of sins," Mat 3:6; Mar 1:5; Act 19:18; Jam 5:16;
(b) "to profess or acknowledge openly," Mat 11:25 (translated "thank," but indicating the fuller idea); Phl 2:11 (some mss. have it in Rev 3:5: see No. 1);
(c) "to confess by way of celebrating, giving praise," Rom 14:11; 15:9. In Luk 10:21, it is translated "I thank," the true meaning being "I gladly acknowledge." In Luk 22:6 it signifies to consent (RV), for AV, "promised."
See CONSENT, PROMISE, THANK.

Consent:
"to agree openly, to acknowledge outwardly, or fully" (ex, for ek, "out," intensive), is translated "consented" in the RV of Luk 22:6 (AV, "promised").
See CONFESS, THANK.

Praise:
in Rom 15:9, RV, "will I give praise" (AV, and RV marg., "I will confess"): see CONFESS, A, No. 2 (c).Note: In Luk 1:64, AV, eulogeo, "to bless," is translated "praised" (RV, "blessing").

Thank, Thanks (Noun and Verb), Thankful, Thankfulness, Thanksgiving, Thankworthy:
in the Middle Voice, signifies "to make acknowledgement," whether of sins (to confess), or in the honor of a person, as in Rom 14:11; 15:9 (in some mss. in Rev 3:5); this is the significance in the Lord's address to the Father, "I thank (Thee)," in Mat 11:25; Luk 10:21, the meaning being "I make thankful confession" or "I make acknowledgment with praise."
See CONFESS, No. 2, CONSENT, PROMISE.
The fact is "exomologeō" does not and absolutely cannot mean forced confession or a confession made under duress ... The greek is very specific, and in the case of this word, the meaning is specifically a willing and open confession of thanks and a joyful celebration and agreement/promise in blessing or praise.

Again the Greek language shows the error of fundamentalist interpretations of the scriptures as always ...

Nemaste ...

Old 08-17-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I believe Christ is God, and so long as mankind is in separation from God, and so long as God is not all in all, the Christ must reign. But when all things are made subject to Christ who is God, the God will become all and in all. We will all be in God and God will be in all. At that time, there will be nor more crime, nor any dissension, nor sin or death or pain or suffering, and thus there will be no need for government or authority. If God is all in all, then all are on the same level, not one will be greater than anyone else, we will all exist in harmony of deity. Government is only necessary because of social disorder, at that time there will be no more disorder or chaos, only bliss and harmony as we walk side by side with God, as we are all made to sit in the throne of the father even as Christ is now sat down in the throne of the father. We will all be one with God absolutely.
You said you are partial pret aren't you?
All of the above is not Partial Preterism.

Quote:
You have only shown your willing ignorance of the facts. "The ages of the ages" does not mean eternity. And neither does "the age of the ages", or "the age of the age". These are three distinct phrases and represent three distinct times.
You are incorrect. So God is now, God of the age and age, and not eternal or forever, or everlasting, and neither is His throne? I will let the readers of the forum decide who is right or wrong here.

Quote:
The above i s just as small sample of quotes from scholastic authorities on the matter ...
Thanks for the universalist material, however, I am very familliar with Dr. Farrar. He has been usurped on plenty of his ideas. I suggest a lengthy study by Edward Fudge on the matter.

Quote:
Please excuse my error, i meant 1 Corinthians ... the old covenant is not even mentioned once in 1st Corinthians
Yes it is. Read it again...for a partial pret, you are very versed in your analogies. Try Stuart Russel....the Parousia. He goes into great detail on this specific letter....a partial pret as well. And I, and every other Preterist source I have read, agrees, and exegetically backs it up to prove the case.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
You said you are partial pret aren't you?
All of the above is not Partial Preterism.
I am not a partial preterist in the sense that i subscribe to any traditional teaching concerning preterism. I have simply come to realize that much of the judgment which Christ spoke about was dealing with Israel and was fulfilled in 70 AD.

Quote:
You are incorrect. So God is now, God of the age and age, and not eternal or forever, or everlasting, and neither is His throne? I will let the readers of the forum decide who is right or wrong here.
God is the god of the ages, and the reign of Christ is unto the ages of the ages.

God can be eternal and the god of the ages at the same time, the two concepts are not mutually exclusive as you seem to think.

Quote:

Thanks for the universalist material, however, I am very familliar with Dr. Farrar. He has been usurped on plenty of his ideas. I suggest a lengthy study by Edward Fudge on the matter.
You're welcome ...

If you desire you could quote Mr. Fudge, and I will deal with that ...

Quote:
Yes it is. Read it again...for a partial pret, you are very versed in your analogies. Try Stuart Russel....the Parousia. He goes into great detail on this specific letter....a partial pret as well. And I, and every other Preterist source I have read, agrees, and exegetically backs it up to prove the case.
Again, i do not subscribe to any traditional teachings of preterism, i have simply realized that much of the judgment spoken of by Christ pertained to Israel and was manifest in 70 AD. That is what i meant when i said i have become partially preterist ...

Peace ...

Old 08-17-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I am not a partial preterist in the sense that i subscribe to any traditional teaching concerning preterism. I have simply come to realize that much of the judgment which Christ spoke about was dealing with Israel and was fulfilled in 70 AD.

Again, i do not subscribe to any traditional teachings of preterism, i have simply realized that much of the judgment spoken of by Christ pertained to Israel and was manifest in 70 AD. That is what i meant when i said i have become partially preterist ...
If this is the case, then you have to apply the Parousia with the judgement of Israel. It is that simple. There is no way around it.
I suggest from this point forward, a book for you by Don K. Preston
The Elements shall burn with fervent heat.

It is in your best interest I supply this to you, because I care about your walk. He will exegetically usurp any Partial Preterist or Universlaist paradigm by utilizing the scriptures only. Please read it. If you want I can quote some of his book, but it would be better if you just bought it.

Amazon.com: The Elements Shall Melt With Fervent Heat: A Study of 2 Peter 3 (9780938855255): Don K. Preston: Books

Quote:
God is the god of the ages, and the reign of Christ is unto the ages of the ages.

God can be eternal and the god of the ages at the same time, the two concepts are not mutually exclusive as you seem to think.
Christ is God Ironmaw, you know this, then you will also know that His reign is forever and ever, for ages and ages, and always, just as the saints serving Him, the Lamb with God, on the throne, For ever and ever.
The kingdom He hands over to the Father is none other than the Israeli theocracy. None other. It has nothing, absolutely nothing, with the peaceful and gentle kingdom of the Gospel in which we now are part of, and who the 1st century CHristians were part of.

Quote:
If you desire you could quote Mr. Fudge, and I will deal with that ...
Another book for you. The Fire That Consumes.

Amazon.com: The Fire That Consumes: A Biblical and Historical Study of the Doctrine of Final Punishment (9780595143429):…

He goes into great detail, the UR fathers, the doctrine of Origen, and many other works he sources from, that I will be using in another thread.

And another by him:

http://www.amazon.com/Two-Views-Hell...ref=pd_sim_b_1

God bless you and Peace.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
If this is the case, then you have to apply the Parousia with the judgement of Israel. It is that simple. There is no way around it.
I suggest from this point forward, a book for you by Don K. Preston
The Elements shall burn with fervent heat.

It is in your best interest I supply this to you, because I care about your walk. He will exegetically usurp any Partial Preterist or Universlaist paradigm by utilizing the scriptures only. Please read it. If you want I can quote some of his book, but it would be better if you just bought it.

Amazon.com: The Elements Shall Melt With Fervent Heat: A Study of 2 Peter 3 (9780938855255): Don K. Preston: Books

Christ is God Ironmaw, you know this, then you will also know that His reign is forever and ever, for ages and ages, and always, just as the saints serving Him, the Lamb with God, on the throne, For ever and ever.
The kingdom He hands over to the Father is none other than the Israeli theocracy. None other. It has nothing, absolutely nothing, with the peaceful and gentle kingdom of the Gospel in which we now are part of, and who the 1st century CHristians were part of.

Another book for you. The Fire That Consumes.

Amazon.com: The Fire That Consumes: A Biblical and Historical Study of the Doctrine of Final Punishment (9780595143429):…

He goes into great detail, the UR fathers, the doctrine of Origen, and many other works he sources from, that I will be using in another thread.

And another by him:

Amazon.com: Two Views of Hell: A Biblical & Theological Dialogue (Spectrum) (9780830822553): Edward William Fudge…

God bless you and Peace.

I dont have time to answer this whole post right now, i have a date ...

But i have a question for you, if the only people in eternity are God and Christ and those who are saved(i.e. Christians) and the angels who never fell, then who is God and Christ and the believers ruling over in their kingdom for ever?

again, your position makes no sense ...

G'night all ...

Old 08-17-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I dont have time to answer this whole post right now, i have a date ...

But i have a question for you, if the only people in eternity are God and Christ and those who are saved(i.e. Christians) and the angels who never fell, then who is God and Christ and the believers ruling over in their kingdom for ever?

again, your position makes no sense ...

G'night all ...

Everyone and everything. Nobody comes to the Father without Christ. Nobody. That makes Christ and God, rulers of all. Have a good time.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:09 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,375 times
Goodnight, Ironmaw. Have fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity