Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 05:07 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,781,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Show me the passage, chapter and verse where it says the phrase ''It is always trustworthy to Confess Jesus as Lord.'' To help you locate it if it exists, here is an online Thesaurus. BibleThesaurus.org: Online Bible Thesaurus Now show me the chapter and verse where this phrase is found.

The argument 'well that just your interpretation' is empty and meaningless. Scripture in many ways states that those who die without Christ are eternally lost. There is no room for misinterpretation. Scripture states that both fallen angels and unsaved mankind will spend eternity in the lake of fire. There is no mistranslation involved, nor is it subject to misinterpretation. It came from the mouth of Jesus Himself that He would order those who are lost into the eternal fire.

Scriptures never speak in any way about those who die without Christ being eternally lost.

Christ said he came to find and save the lost, if even one person is lost forever, then Christ is a liar and a failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Eisegesis is your profession.

The parables are symbols of reality, and the rich man is burning in hell in this parable, a real and unforgiving place. Just as Gehenna is a symbol of the Lake of Fire, drawn from the real place in the valley of Himmon, it is likened to that of a real destination for the wicked. Following your interpretation, Christ is either a lamb or Jesus Christ, and not both.

For us, that believe the scriptures, He is both Lamb and Lord.

How do you infer by anything that is wrote that Christ is either a lamb or Jesus Christ but not both? You are making very little sense, as usual ...

Old 08-18-2010, 05:26 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,963,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Show me the passage, chapter and verse where it says the phrase ''It is always trustworthy to Confess Jesus as Lord.'' To help you locate it if it exists, here is an online Thesaurus. BibleThesaurus.org: Online Bible Thesaurus Now show me the chapter and verse where this phrase is found.

The argument 'well that just your interpretation' is empty and meaningless. Scripture in many ways states that those who die without Christ are eternally lost. There is no room for misinterpretation. Scripture states that both fallen angels and unsaved mankind will spend eternity in the lake of fire. There is no mistranslation involved, nor is it subject to misinterpretation. It came from the mouth of Jesus Himself that He would order those who are lost into the eternal fire.

1 Tim 1:15 says, 'It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners...'

Are you saying that I must doubt my beliefs of the trustworthyness of Jesus Christ and that no scripture exists that tells me of that trustworthyness.

What will be meaningless is the contradiction you teach.

The FACT remains that you mangled scripture in your thread title and should apologize to the almighty for doing so.

But instead you expect someone to read your thread title and then read the actual scriptures in ANY translation and think that you are making a good case for sound biblical reasoning.

TRY as you might, you cannot disprove the trustworthyness of JESUS Christ and a Confession of JESUS AS LORD, scripture and not your mangling explanations of it trumps you every time.

I do not have to come up with shoddy rewrites of scripture in order to support my belief, YOU do and YOUR THREAD TITLE PROVES IT.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:46 PM

33,360 posts, read 26,621,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
That is a lie, you have not presented one scripture that says one will be eternally lost if they do not believe before they die, or anything remotely similar to that. You are adding to the scriptures, eisigesis ...
To the contrary. I have indeed shown the verse. Hebrews 9:27. And as I stated, universalists reject the verse precisely because it does make it clear that after death it is too late to receive Christ as Savior.

Quote:
And the parable of the rich man and Lazarus is just that, a parable, and it is symbolic, not to be taken literally. Even if it were not symbolic, no where in the parable does Jesus say that the rich man would be in Hades for ever, nor does Christ say that he cannot be saved at a later time if he comes to confess Christ as lord and believe his was raised from the dead. Again you are adding to the scriptures, as well as misunderstanding what they mean altogether.
First of all, Hades is a temporary prison for those who have died as unbelievers. As I have already said, there will come a time (at the end of the Millennium) when all unbelievers will be resurrected, their bodies will be resurrected from the grave or wherever the atoms of the body have been scattered to, and the souls will come out of Hades to reside in the resurrected body. They will then stand before Christ at the Great White Throne judgment where they will receive final sentencing and will then, body and soul go into the eternal lake of fire (Rev 20:11-15).

Luke 16:19-31, is a fictionalized story which illustrates a very real situation. Jesus plainly used this story to teach that after death the unrighteous will be eternally separated from God, that they will remember their rejection of the Gospel, that they will be in torment, and that their condition cannot be remedied. At the time that Jesus used this story as a teaching aid to illustrate the fact that those who die have a place to which they go, both the believer and unbeliever went to Hades. The believer went to the 'Paradise' side of Hades, while the unbeliever went to the 'torments' side of Hades. And as Jesus said, Abraham at the time was in the Paradise side of Hades. And as stated in the story, If those who are alive will not listen to Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone rises from the dead.

If one will not believe the gospel while he is alive, neither will he be persuaded after death.

As Revelation 20:7-9 makes clear, there will be multitudes of unbelievers in the Millennium. The resurrected Jesus Christ in Glory will be present on the earth, ruling from the throne of David, and yet the numbers of people who reject Christ will be as the sand of the seashore. They will be in the presence of the Son of God and they will still reject Him .

For the reality of Sheol/Hades, Tartarus, and Gehenna, interested readers may refer to this thread of mine...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...s-gehenna.html

Old 08-18-2010, 06:02 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,450,036 times
Quote:
More adding to scripture ...

LOL read the context...oh wait...you disregard that. Nevermind....

Old 08-18-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
How do you infer by anything that is wrote that Christ is either a lamb or Jesus Christ but not both? You are making very little sense, as usual ...
gehenna...lake of fire...both the same...one a symbol...another a reality...one a reality and a symbol...of the coming reality.

The Jews definitely understood it. That I am sure of....but you, immersed in pagan platonic idolatry....won't, until you remove your bifocals.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
gehenna...lake of fire...both the same...one a symbol...another a reality...one a reality and a symbol...of the coming reality.

The Jews definitely understood it. That I am sure of....but you, immersed in pagan platonic idolatry....won't, until you remove your bifocals.
You did not answer my question, how did you infer from anything that i wrote that Christ is not both Jesus Christ and the lamb of god?

Gehenna is no symbol, though it is used as an allegory in James. Gehenna is a real place on planet earth. the lake of fire on the other hand is completely symbolic, as Hades and death are thrown into it, proving that it is not to be understood literally.

yes the Jews understood that Gehenna was a real place and that the lake of fire was a symbol of Gods judgment, just as Israels captivity in egypt was said to be a furnace of fire.

I believe it is you who are are immersed in pagan idolatry, one day we will know for certain who is who and what is what, for certain.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:18 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,207,471 times
Quote:

Paganism is a HUGE part of traditional Christianity. Mithraism, Zoroastrianism, Plato and the immortal soul, whatever. The Hebrews/Jews would have scoffed. You seem to have it backwards, as do most of the church fathers, following pagan thought instead of Hebrew/Jewish.

God is the same yesterday, today, forever.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Scriptures never speak in any way about those who die without Christ being eternally lost.

Christ said he came to find and save the lost, if even one person is lost forever, then Christ is a liar and a failure.
LIES. Hideous LIES. You lie like a rug Ironmaw. LIAR.

Now I have seen it all from you. You truly are a piece of work Ironmaw.

Let's begin with one.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Would you like me to continue? Why not?

Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

More?

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars-their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

Let's keep going shall we?

Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Would you like to have a debate again in Koine?
I would personally love to.

Let's keep going shall we?

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.

And to close your lying words off with a eternal seal:

And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost.

You need to heed the words of Christ Ironmaw, or you too will be subject to His wrath, I am seriously warning you. You are on the edge.
Repent for the words you have just said here....please.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:27 PM

64,024 posts, read 40,325,748 times
Quote:
LOL read the context...oh wait...you disregard that. Nevermind....
NO . . . YOU have the WRONG context since you retain the veil of ignorance over reading the OT and have the nature of God (the most important context) WRONG!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity