Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 09:23 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,454,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I am still waiting for someone to show me in scripture that kampto means anything other then worship.
You wouldn't accept the context of Romans 14 is for believers.
You think it applies to everyone, when it doesn't.

κάμψει - only occurs once in the New Testament, and occurs in the same form in Isaiah 45, both dealing with only believers.

Yes, it does mean worship, but only believers are doing the worshipping, so it fits perfectly.
But like I said, you can't accept that because of the shades you are wearing right now.
Too bad for you, because the truth will always be skewed with them on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 09:24 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,968,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Yes, God will tell all the ends of the earth TURN TO ME AND BE SAVED. Then every knee will bow and every tongue will swear allegiance to God.

You do the math.

A TRUSTWORTHY statement, deserving FULL acceptance that JESUS SAVES sinners.

I have confessed Jesus as Lord, and THAT is ALWAYS (FULL ACCEPTANCE) a TRUSTWORTHY thing I did as a SINNER and am SAVED.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:43 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,454,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
A TRUSTWORTHY statement, deserving FULL acceptance that JESUS SAVES sinners.

I have confessed Jesus as Lord, and THAT is ALWAYS (FULL ACCEPTANCE) a TRUSTWORTHY thing I did as a SINNER and am SAVED.
A trustworthy statement, for the believer, since that is the context.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
A trustworthy statement, for the believer, since that is the context.
Your context is irrelevant and I will prove it.

I was once an unbeliever, and JESUS is TRUSTWORTHY whether I believed or not. So the Statement is Trustworthy as a factor of who Jesus is, not a manifestation of someones belief.

I CONFESSED JESUS AS LORD, you are saying that as an UNBELIEVER there was nothing TRUSTWORTHY about that? nonsense,

Old 08-19-2010, 09:55 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,787,105 times
Quote:
You wouldn't accept the context of Romans 14 is for believers.
You think it applies to everyone, when it doesn't.

κάμψει - only occurs once in the New Testament, and occurs in the same form in Isaiah 45, both dealing with only believers.

Yes, it does mean worship, but only believers are doing the worshipping, so it fits perfectly.
But like I said, you can't accept that because of the shades you are wearing right now.
Too bad for you, because the truth will always be skewed with them on.
Romans 14 just like Phil. 2:10-11 are not about believers only. They are quotes of Isaiah 45:20-23

Isaiah 45:20-23

Gather yourselves and come;
Draw near together, you fugitives of the nations;
They have no knowledge,
Who carry about their wooden idol
And pray to a god who cannot save.
"Declare and set forth your case;
Indeed, let them consult together
Who has announced this from of old?
Who has long since declared it?
Is it not I, the LORD?
And there is no other God besides Me,
A righteous God and a Savior;
There is none except Me.
"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other
"I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

Obviously the subject of the context, those to who God is making the declaration, are the fugitives of the gentile nations. To idolaters and heathens who worship false Gods. We see in the above that the subject of this passage are the Fugitives of the nations. And we can see that it is to these fugitives of the nations who are idolaters and who pray to false gods that God is making this declaration to. So the main idea of the above passage is that HGod is telling these fugitives to gather themselves together and to come to him, and he is declaring that they will turn to him and be saved, and that every knee of every person across the planet will bow and that every tongue will swear allegiance to him.

Even a sixth grader could read this and understand what is really being said, but Sciotamicks cannot, either because his heart is hardened and his eyes are blind and his ears def so that he is literally incapable of understand, or else his reading comprehension skills are much less than that of an average 6th grader.

Go back to school Sciotamicks, and take a rudimentary course in reading comprehension, because you are completely missing the point friend.

Now we see also that Isaiah is a redundant prophecy, as Isaiah is here repeating King David from the Psalms.

Psa 22:27
All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations shall worship before you.

Peace ...

Old 08-19-2010, 10:03 AM

33,382 posts, read 26,671,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Poppycock, it states that it is TRUSTWORTHY DESERVING OF FULL ACCEPTANCE to believe that jesus came into the word to SAVE SINNERS.

And after the poor excuse of scriptural integrity that your thread title produces you sit there on your religious high horse and declare that it is not trustworthy to believe and ACCEPT FULLY that is it trustworthy to confess Jesus as LORD which is an act that SAVES sinners.
Salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. But that is not what is being addressed here. What is being addressed is what you have done to 1 Tim 1:15.

Quote:
No wonder Christianity today is a laughing stock to the world.

A Christian is seen as "Biblically sound" on this forum after mangling scripture in his thread title then makes the case that the 1 Timothy 1:15 does not tell us that JESUS Christ and Confessing him as Lord is TRUSTWORTHY.
Jesus Christ is certainly trustworthy and so is the statement of 1 Tim 1:15. Again what you have done to the verse is not scripturally correct.

Quote:
But this is all done to protect your man invented doctrine and you lose sight of the truth while believing you proclaim it.

A trustworthy statement deserving of FULL ACCEPTANCE that JESUS CHRIST SAVES SINNERS and that to you means that it is never trustworthy to Confess Jesus as Lord.

Oh what a mangle job you do to scripture, you should be ashamed.

1 Tim 1:15 does indeed state that 'It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners...' And that statement is certainly correct.

What you have done to the verse is not correct. You have taken that statement and converted it to this; 'it is always trustworthy to confess Jesus as Lord'. You have taken 1 Tim 1:15 and rephrased it to mean something it doesn't say. And you have been using your phrase as a personal slogan in various threads for some time now to imply that man can be saved after death. You are wrong. After a man dies his eternal disposition is forever set and is unalterable.

I Tim 1:15 says that the statement that Christ came into the world to save sinners is a true statement and can be trusted. It does not say as you have made it to say, that confessing is worthy of trust.

Not only is your personalized slogan Scripturally incorrect, but as far as I can tell, it is grammatically incorrect. A statement or a person can be trustworthy- deserving of trust. But making an acknowledgement of belief -confessing- is not a proper object for the Adjective 'trustworthy.' What your slogon says is that confessing is worthy of trust. It doesn't even make sense.

Now maybe someone who remembers their rules of grammar better than I do can explain that better or correct me if I'm wrong.

But as for the scripture, Jesus did indeed come into the world to save sinners. And He accomplished on the Cross everything that needed to be done so that anyone who will believe in Christ for salvation will be saved. But not everyone will believe in Christ for salvation. And no one who has rejected Christ as Savior while alive on this earth will be saved after he has died.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:03 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,787,105 times
Quote:
I am not infering. It is you who is.

Sciotamicks, do you know what the Infer means? One does not infer from ones own words, another infers from my words, while i who am the one speaking, imply. I know what i man, while you must deduce at what i mean.

What is it about what i wrote that you infer to mean that i believe that Jesus Christ is not the lamb of God?

Old 08-19-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Not only is your personalized slogan Scripturally incorrect, but as far as I can tell, it is grammatically incorrect.

Irrelevant and hypocritical. First you mangled scripture in your thread title and then claim that a verse summarizing what I said because of the Verse itself is personalizing something because it didn't contain the "exact phrase" when the all the words I used can be found in scripture supporting my beliefs. You cannot say that about your sloppy hack job of "explaining" what scripture "means".
It is my personal slogan to tell unbelievers that it is Trustworthy to Confess Jesus as Lord? You will try to assert that Confessing Jesus as Lord does not Save a sinner When that IS what Jesus does.

The only other perspective is actually against your doctrine too and that is that JESUS has already SAVED EVERYONE and it is just a matter of time before EVERYONE believes it.

Fact is, it IS ALWAYS Trustworthy to confess Jesus as LORD and your miserable doctrines cannot change that and I for one will never doubt it and this wolf in sheeps clothing will never sway me from that assurance.

Of all the ridiculous nonsense in Christianity this has got to take the cake folks, a professing Christian trying to tell me that Confessing Jesus as Lord is not something to share with unbelievers.

Shame shame

Old 08-19-2010, 10:15 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,013,654 times
1 Timothy

This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance,(and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. Command and teach these things.

The Bible says IS.Not can be,could be,will be if you accept Him.Is.Present tense.Pretty plain.And the word "especially" indicates that He is also the Savior of those who don't believe,since Paul draws a distinction between the believer and unbeliever,but includes both,by the word especially,under the previous word ALL.

Not that the ET's will accept this.But it IS what the Bible literally says.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
mt 10:32 whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will i confess also before my father which is in heaven.

trustworthy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity