Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 05:39 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,043,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
LOL, I can't speak for others but I wasn't trying to refute UR, but now that you mention it, I understand why you'd go to no end to come up with creative translations trying to explain it away. It actually creates a dilemma for UR. LOL.
Finn_Jarber, why can't you refute the very arguments I'm making with a rational spirit. You just simply call things "creative translations" or attack the messenger here and there. Can't you simply just use real analysis of the scriptures to attempt to refute universal salvation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
No, you take UR seriosuly. So seriously that you will twist the word of God out of shape to make it fit the UR point of view. This thread is a prime example of it.
You say that I "twist the word of God out of shape" and yet you haven't provide any evidence of such a case.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:10 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,518,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Finn_Jarber, why can't you refute the very arguments I'm making with a rational spirit. You just simply call things "creative translations" or attack the messenger here and there. Can't you simply just use real analysis of the scriptures to attempt to refute universal salvation?
Not that this my business, but I have a different thought...not that I expect this would change mine our your's viewpoint.

Why can't a person who asks for scriptures to refute ur to simply use scriptures themself to analyze the position. It's not like a matter of reading hieroglyphics.

It seems that all that really is being done is filling the jar of "what you can do...I can do better".

but that's just my IMO

Old 08-17-2010, 06:30 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,752,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I have refuted them with rational spirit, and I already told you I am not here to refute UR. I told you I didn't even realize you were defending UR until you said so. I wondered why you went to such lengths to defend the undefendable until I realized that this very passage throws UR out the window. If you choose to continue to believe in UR, then that is your problem, not mine. I want no part in the never ending UR bully-bull. I have heard enough of it already, and I am 100% sure it is a false teaching.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:01 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,641,253 times
I really hate the title of this thread.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:04 PM

33,348 posts, read 26,570,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
That defies the meaning of the word "exomologeō" ... You seek to redefine the term, as do all those whom you referenced in your last post. That does not change the fact that you and they are ABSOLUTELY wrong ...

The fact is "exomologeō" does not and absolutely cannot mean forced confession or a confession made under duress ... The greek is very specific, and in the case of this word, the meaning is specifically a willing and open confession of thanks and a joyful celebration and agreement/promise in blessing or praise.

Again the Greek language shows the error of fundamentalist interpretations of the scriptures as always ...
To the contrary. There will be nothing whatsoever that is joyful in the expression of Jesus' Lordship from His defeated enemies.

As stated in post #180, Thayer's Greek Lexicon lists five different ways n which exomologeo is used.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon:

̓́

exomologeō

1) to confess

2) to profess

2a) acknowledge openly and joyfully

2b) to one' s honour: to celebrate, give praise to

2c) to profess that one will do something, to promise, agree, engage

Part of Speech: verb

Relation: from G1537 and G3670

There are five different uses for Exomologeo listed above. They do not all apply in any one given context. Those who are saved will indeed acknowledge joyfully that Jesus is Lord. But those who are lost, both human and angel, will simply acknowledge. There will be nothing joyful in their acknowledgement.

All unbelievers and fallen angels will acknowledge that Jesus is Lord and then they will be cast into the lake of fire as per Matthew 25:41,46 and Revelation 20:10-15.

Readers may refer back to post #180.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:10 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,203,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary. There will be nothing whatsoever that is joyful in the expression of Jesus' Lordship from His defeated enemies.

As stated in post #180, Thayer's Greek Lexicon lists five different ways n which exomologeo is used.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon:

̓́

exomologeō

1) to confess

2) to profess

Relation: from G1537 and G367

There are five different uses for Exomologeo listed above. They do not all apply in any one given context. Those who are saved will indeed acknowledge joyfully that Jesus is Lord. But those who are lost, both human and angel, will simply acknowledge. There will be nothing joyful in their acknowledgement

All unbelievers and fallen angels will acknowledge that Jesus is Lord and then
they will be cast into the lake of fire as per Matthew 25:41,46 and Revelation
20:10-15.

When and how did God reconcile things in the heavens? There is a scriptural answer.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
I have refuted them with rational spirit, and I already told you I am not here to refute UR. I told you I didn't even realize you were defending UR until you said so. I wondered why you went to such lengths to defend the undefendable until I realized that this very passage throws UR out the window. If you choose to continue to believe in UR, then that is your problem, not mine. I want no part in the never ending UR bully-bull. I have heard enough of it already, and I am 100% sure it is a false teaching.
So let me ask you Finn_Jarber, do you believe God is going to take the wicked and torment them forever?

Old 08-17-2010, 10:22 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,445,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
When and how did God reconcile things in the heavens? There is a scriptural answer.
Luke 10:18 He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

Rev 12:9 The great dragon was hurled down-that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. 11 They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death

Old 08-18-2010, 01:14 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,776,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Thayer's Greek Lexicon:

̓́

exomologeō

1) to confess

2) to profess

Relation: from G1537 and G3670

There are five different uses for Exomologeo listed above. They do not all apply in any one given context. Those who are saved will indeed acknowledge joyfully that Jesus is Lord. But those who are lost, both human and angel, will simply acknowledge. There will be nothing joyful in their acknowledgement.

All unbelievers and fallen angels will acknowledge that Jesus is Lord and then they will be cast into the lake of fire as per Matthew 25:41,46 and Revelation 20:10-15.

First of all, your understanding of the word is pathetic.

Second of all ... You call this good news? Sick ... *vomit*

I would rather Satan rule all things and suffering have an end, then your supposed god rule all, and suffering never end.

Your hands are red with blood. By proxy is the same as having done it your self. Does torture get you off?

Insanity, mindlessness, sickness eternal death, everlasting evil ... Your ideas have nothing to offer us as far as hope is concerned. Do you hope what you believe is true? That makes you as bad as Hitler, even worse.

Misantropy ... And everlasting hate. that is what you teach Mike ... Eternal evil and pain.

God have mercy on us all ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 08-18-2010 at 01:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity