Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 10:53 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,565,472 times

Advertisements

I have three grown daughters all of them at one time or another had someone in their lives who I considered a "scumbag". Yes, I let them know how I felt.. but never tried to guess what God felt about it. That is between them and God.

Never , never , never did I nor would I ever turn my back on my daughter.. NEVER..

Doesn't matter what some preacher or "his" church members tells me They are not the ones who nurtured, cared for, loved unconditionally and carried her under their heart for nine months..

God gave my girls to me, not to them..

My advice is to close the door on that building and the ones who shun you and continue to reach out to your daughter.

God bless you and your daughter

Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say "The Lord is my helper. What can man do to me".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 11:03 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,417,553 times
First of all, thank you to everyone that responded to me. When you have been brainswashed for 40-plus years you expect to hear, "That never happened" or "I'm sure you deserved it."

After all these years, there is a small part of me that still believes that I am bad if I tell. And believe it or not I'm just starting to realize how physically and emotionally abused I was.

But it is a real shocker to read the real story behind these verses and stories. I can't thank all of you enough. It is truly earth-shattering to me. A couple of years ago I decided to become an atheist. I've gone to different churches over the years and I guess I assumed my mothers version of things or I went to the wrong religions, or something. I don't know.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:12 AM

5,540 posts, read 7,139,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Tantal, you are taking that scripture out of context.

Within exactly what biblical context is the idea of encouraging someone to hate their children acceptable?

Old 08-17-2010, 12:02 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,260,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
First of all, thank you to everyone that responded to me. When you have been brainswashed for 40-plus years you expect to hear, "That never happened" or "I'm sure you deserved it."

After all these years, there is a small part of me that still believes that I am bad if I tell. And believe it or not I'm just starting to realize how physically and emotionally abused I was.

But it is a real shocker to read the real story behind these verses and stories. I can't thank all of you enough. It is truly earth-shattering to me. A couple of years ago I decided to become an atheist. I've gone to different churches over the years and I guess I assumed my mothers version of things or I went to the wrong religions, or something. I don't know.
Abusers use those words, because they have to cover for themselves, not being ready to accept reality. I also heard that I had "false memories" -- you probably heard that, too, or will. The church did this: they simply refused to answer me, fearing a lawsuit, which I never intended to bring. Guilty as charged, and they know it.

Often, what we need is to "tell," in order to work out what happened to us -- to think it through and deal with the reality of it. Journalling is especially useful. In order to deal with it, I used prose, poetry, and drawings in my journal. I still have the journals, one of which deals with the abusive church.

Hiknapster, please work on this until it is completed and over for you. Please. If you start a thread abouot it, let me know about it and where it is, please. You can already see that people here will step up and be there for you as you work on it.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:29 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,993,011 times
Tantl, there is no scripture in the Bible that tells you to hate your kids. The scripture that you posted is talking about loving God more than anyone else.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:34 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,501,896 times
Did the pastor's son-in-law get shunned too? Afterall, he's the one who broke his marriage vows.

I would leave that "church" as quickly as possible.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:54 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,456,145 times
Hi my sister in Christ:

No!! God does NOT want us to turn our backs on any of our children! Matter of fact, quite the opposite! God wants you to seek His face in times of trouble, no matter how hard it may seem. I'm not here to judge or condemn you. I don't know your situation other than what you've posted here and even if I did, it's not my place to do so.

I would just like to encourage you though, to keep praying for everyone involve in this situation, all of them...your daughter, the other young lady involve, (imagine how her heart must be aching) the husband, the pastor, the congregation... and don't forget yourself. The devil is busy and is surely pulling out all the stops in these last days, knowing that his time is short!

Some encouraging scriptures.....

In Luke 10:19 Jesus said: Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Do you doubt that we have been given delegated power over the enemy? They are under our feet! We have as Believers/Christians the God-given right to command them in the name of JESUS CHRIST to take their hands off our children!! You understand?

Matthew 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Use your God given authority!! Put your foot down and command Satan in the name of Jesus to loose those children! Satan, I bind the spirit of lust, I bind the spirit of adultery, I bind the spirit of confusion, in the name of Jesus!

Psalm 115:14 The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children.

Psalm 112: 1-2 Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in His commandments.

His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed.

Always keep Christ your center, sensitive to the things of the Lord, to His ways and the blessings will flow to your children.

Jeremiah 31:16 Thus saith the LORD; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the LORD; and they shall come again from the land of the enemy.

In other words: He that scattered Israel, knows where to find them.....and, doesn't the good Lord know how to find us? I myself, haven't always been where God wanted me to be in this life, but ohh how my mother prayed for me!!! You've heard about the prodigal son no doubt, well...meet the "daughter"! And, I can say without faltering, there's hope!!

There's none here who agrees with the pastor about abandoning your daughter! Christians, Believer's and non believer's, non Christian's alike are in agreement!! How powerful we can be when we're all in agreement huh?

Some have express knowing what it feels like to not have that mother figure in their lives, for that I'm sorry. Some expressed that they can't even imagine what it would be like to not have a mother in theirs, and then there are others like me, who's moms has passed on. My sister, you are here and you are blessed by God to have a daughter, amen? LOVE HER!! Will it be easy? Maybe not, but like so many said: "hate the sin, yet love the sinner" for none is perfect!! Remembering always, "this battle is not yours" it's the Lords!

(ll Chronicles 32: 8)
With Him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. (ll Chronicles 32: 8)

Godspeed to you. Keeping you in my prayers. Fight the good fight of faith and NEVER GIVE UP! We're almost there, amen?

Your sister in Christ Jesus

Betsey

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 08-17-2010 at 01:02 PM..

Old 08-17-2010, 01:06 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,163,634 times
You must give it all to God and let him show you the direction you should be taking if God wants it to happen it will . Im going through some very difficult times right now myself I have told the Lord if this is his will then show me the way . God does not want us turning our backs on our children No , never . You need to change the house you are going too it does not seem to be a house of the Lord to me . I will pray for you and your family and tell your daughter that God does not want this path for her or you . I hope God shows you the way to deal with this .

Old 08-17-2010, 01:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,059,892 times
Bascailly you need to realise that no on ein the church is not a sinner;we all are. You need to make your own decision. Remeber that god loved even sinners and never gave up on them. It does not mean you have to approve of what your daughter did tho.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:38 PM

677 posts, read 1,542,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by favoured View Post
All i have to say is: he who is without sin, let him cast the first stone and what would Jesus do? remember that Jesus came for the sinners... what about the story of the adultrous woman in the bible? did Jesus turn His back on her? I think unconditional love is the only thing that will get through to your daughter. Love the sinner but not the sin. I pray God shows you which direction to take. also, please remember that the pastor is not God.
Jesus told the woman "Go, and sin no more."

The daughter and her married lover have continued to sin. Forgiveness comes after repentance and turning away from our sin.

I love my 6 kids unconditionally. However, when they behave in a way that is unacceptable, if they continue after I approach them about it, they lose my support.

~l~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity