Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:49 PM

28,151 posts, read 30,100,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedchristianmom View Post
...anyhow, this mom is encouraged and can't wait to see my daughter!!!!!
Just tell her how much you love her. You don't have to tell her that what she's doing is wrong. She already knows how you feel about that. Right now, she just needs to know you will always, always, always love her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 12:42 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,260,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Just tell her how much you love her. You don't have to tell her that what she's doing is wrong. She already knows how you feel about that. Right now, she just needs to know you will always, always, always love her.
Just thought I would repeat this.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,234,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Me, too. I'm all out of reps for you but this made me teary.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:05 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,455,759 times
[quote=confusedchristianmom;15533486]i had no idea that i would prompt such discussions...thank you everyone!! i am encouraged...to my brothers and sisters in christ, i take your advise to heart and will try harder to seek god in all of this...all i have known is this pastor and this assembly...i feel like a fish out of water these days but my hearts desire is to find a place to fellowship once again...and i apologize to anyone who has read my comments and believe that they are right in not going to church or getting involved in ministry, it was not my intent...we are all sinners, saved by grace...prior to getting saved i use to think that christians didn't sin and that anyone who was a christian longer than me had to be "better"...anyhow, this mom is encouraged and can't wait to see my daughter!!!!![/quote]

Me four!! And, yes, we are ALLLLLL (did I say all? ) sinners ....saved by grace. Godspeed to you.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:52 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,588,926 times
Reading this tread does make me wonder about the church the OP attends. No love-just judgement? I wonder.

I also suspect that this same church would be fine with the daughter if she were in jail for murder. For some reason there are special sins out there-sins that rate disownment or expulsion.

I am thankful that God is not like that.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:11 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,908,120 times
[quote=confusedchristianmom;15533486]i had no idea that i would prompt such discussions...thank you everyone!! i am encouraged...to my brothers and sisters in christ, i take your advise to heart and will try harder to seek god in all of this...all i have known is this pastor and this assembly...i feel like a fish out of water these days but my hearts desire is to find a place to fellowship once again...and i apologize to anyone who has read my comments and believe that they are right in not going to church or getting involved in ministry, it was not my intent...we are all sinners, saved by grace...prior to getting saved i use to think that christians didn't sin and that anyone who was a christian longer than me had to be "better"...anyhow, this mom is encouraged and can't wait to see my daughter!!!!![/quote]

GOOD FOR YOU!

You need a new church and a new pastor - but your child is irreplacable.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,011 times
I am in a similar situation and it is extremely painful. My daughter is 21 and is having an affair with a married man who is a convicted level one sex offender. He was caught soliciting sex with a 13 year old on the internet. He was previously a youth pastor and he is 28 years old. My husband and I are sick with grief. We have been in family and individual counseling. Our daughter does not care if this is wrong and she continues to meet this man whenever he wants sex. It is unbelievably heartbreaking. We love our daughter so much. Until about 6 months ago when she met this horrible person, we had always had an excellent relationship with our daughter. Now our relationship is very strained. She knows that we love her, but it is so hard to be around her. She takes out her anger on us and she is disrespectful and rude. She is not the daughter we have always known. Her personality seems to have changed. She has told us that she knows this is wrong, but that she intends to keep doing it anyway. We are worried about her future, but we realize we have no control over her decisions. Nothing could ever prevent us from loving her. We just want her to have a healthy relationship with a healthy, loving man. It is breaking our hearts to know that she is going to learn the hard way what a terrible decision she is making.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:28 AM

313 posts, read 451,921 times
Quote:
i am a christian. i have been saved for 7 years and until lately was in fellowship regularly. my 19 year old christian daughter was "caught" having an affair with a married man...he has left his wife and child for her...my pastor told me that i was to have nothing to do with her...to cut her out of my life completely until she repents and leaves him...i am not happy with the decision she has made, i have told her that this is not what god wants for her...i cut her out of my life as the pastor instructed (7 months now) and just prior to him telling me to leave the church he told me that i should reach out to her...i did...and now i am being shunned by the members in the church for spending time with her...i guess i should also mention that the guy in question is/was the pastor's son in law...i would be greatful for some direction re: what scripture and God has to say about how i am to treat my daughter...

Your pastor gave you poor advice. And I base that on just one thing: Jesus would NOT turn his back. He did not turn his back on Mary Magdelene. Jesus was not judgmental but I think He would have had a few things to say about your pastor and his congregation.

What religion do you belong to? I think you should find yourself another church.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:16 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,657,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly8 View Post
Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Gently tell your daughter, if he will
cheat for her, he will cheat on her.

~l~
Great Answer and so true! Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:17 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,963,878 times
Quote:
i am a christian. i have been saved for 7 years and until lately was in fellowship regularly. my 19 year old christian daughter was "caught" having an affair with a married man...he has left his wife and child for her...my pastor told me that i was to have nothing to do with her...to cut her out of my life completely until she repents and leaves him...i am not happy with the decision she has made, i have told her that this is not what god wants for her...i cut her out of my life as the pastor instructed (7 months now) and just prior to him telling me to leave the church he told me that i should reach out to her...i did...and now i am being shunned by the members in the church for spending time with her...i guess i should also mention that the guy in question is/was the pastor's son in law...i would be greatful for some direction re: what scripture and God has to say about how i am to treat my daughter...

Tell your pastor and the church to stick it up their ass. Love your daughter and don't pay any attention to what they say,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity