Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 01:11 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,683,090 times

Advertisements

THE SINNER IS SEPARATED FROM CHRIST.

Hebrews 7:26 "For such a high priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, [FONT=Arial BlackSEPARATE FROM SINNERS[/font], and has become higher than the heavens." If you are a sinner Jesus Christ does not live in your heart as the Word of God clearly says you are separate from Him. Sin separates you from God, therefore, being a sinner makes you separate.

GOD DOES NOT HEAR THE PRAYERS OF SINNERS

John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

1 Peter 3:12 also says, "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; ]But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." God is saying here that He hears the prayers of the righteous but those who do evil (sinners) are not His and His face is set against them. If God is against you, are you saved? Certainly not!

Jesus Christ came to save sinners.

Romans 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." The Lord says that Jesus died for us while we WERE STILL sinners. That i...s past tense. Jesus Christ died for sinners. Jesus rose from the dead as a promise to those who followed after Him who would die in the flesh to their sins. His death was the atonement. His resurrection was the promise. You don't get the promise without the atonement. If you want to follow Jesus you must walk where He walked. You must go where He went. When Jesus said in Matthew 16:24, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, let him take up his cross, and follow Me." Follow Him? Where was Jesus going? To the crucifixion at Calvary. That too is where you must go. The path to the resurrection goes straight through the crucifixion.

If you want to be resurrected like Christ and be with Him you must crucify your flesh on the cross.

Galatians 5:24, " Those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." You must crucify your sin. That is repentance. Once that is done then your spirit is raised from the dead in Christ and you are saved. Then you become born again as Jesus said in John 3:3 "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." But being born again means dying first. If you are still a sinner you are still the old you and not born again as the new you.

The Word says you become a new creation in Christ when you get born again (2 Corithians 5:17). If you still sin wilfully, how are you a new creation? If you say that you are saved and Christ lives in you and yet you cannot stop willfully sinning then you are saying that Christ living in you is weaker than the Devil outside of you who causes you to sin. But if you willfully sin Christ is not in you.

Once you have crucified your flesh and the Holy Spirit does indeed live in you then you will have the power of God Himself to walk apart from sin. Then you will be transformed into a SAINT.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-18-2010 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: Please refrain from use of "red" as it is reserved for moderation/mod cuts. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 01:35 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,968,432 times
Quote:
The sinner is separated from Christ...and God does not hear the prayers of sinners.
Well, then he can never hear anyone. What a crock.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:47 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,428,376 times
2 men went to the temple to pray one a Pharisee and one a publican(a sinner) , read which prayer was heard by God and which one left justified in Luke 18 verses 9-14.

Dear me Verna come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2010, 01:55 PM

8,181 posts, read 9,248,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
2 men went to the temple to pray one a Pharisee and one a publican(a sinner) , read which prayer was heard by God and which one left justified in Luke 18 verses 9-14.

Dear me Verna come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is worth posting here.

9And He also told this parable to some people who (A)trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and (B)viewed others with contempt:

10"Two men (C)went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
11"The Pharisee (D)stood and was praying this to himself: 'God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.
12'I (E)fast twice a week; I (F)pay tithes of all that I get.'
13"But the tax collector, (G)standing some distance away, (H)was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but (I)was beating his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, the sinner!' 14"I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; (J)for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Old 10-18-2010, 02:07 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,966,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
God only hears the prayers of sinners when seeking repentance; the prayers of unrepentant sinners and hypocrites go unheard.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:50 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,409,157 times
One would have to account for Ninava.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:52 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,428,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
God only hears the prayers of sinners when seeking repentance; the prayers of unrepentant sinners and hypocrites go unheard.
Don't you know it's the goodness of God seeking us while we are sinners and causing us to repent .

It's really laughable what you are saying . If God can so amazingly love us while we are still sinners , do you really think answering a prayer of a sinner would be a problem to Him ?.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:58 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,225,944 times
He knows the future of the currently unrepentant, and - along with all of creation - steers the circumstances to bring them in...

...in His time.

Unlike our Savior, too many judge those outside the "country club" as being unworthy of mercy - we need to become like Him, and that would be done by the crucifixion of the flesh as Verna mentioned.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:03 PM

16,427 posts, read 22,260,075 times
When his disciples asked Jesus to show them how to pray, he began "Our Father...". I think that should answer that question.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:56 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,026,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
THE SINNER IS SEPARATED FROM CHRIST.

Hebrews 7:26 "For such a high priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, [FONT=Arial BlackSEPARATE FROM SINNERS[/font], and has become higher than the heavens." If you are a sinner Jesus Christ does not live in your heart as the Word of God clearly says you are separate from Him. Sin separates you from God, therefore, being a sinner makes you separate.

GOD DOES NOT HEAR THE PRAYERS OF SINNERS

John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

1 Peter 3:12 also says, "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; ]But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." God is saying here that He hears the prayers of the righteous but those who do evil (sinners) are not His and His face is set against them. If God is against you, are you saved? Certainly not!

Jesus Christ came to save sinners.

Romans 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." The Lord says that Jesus died for us while we WERE STILL sinners. That i...s past tense. Jesus Christ died for sinners. Jesus rose from the dead as a promise to those who followed after Him who would die in the flesh to their sins. His death was the atonement. His resurrection was the promise. You don't get the promise without the atonement. If you want to follow Jesus you must walk where He walked. You must go where He went. When Jesus said in Matthew 16:24, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, let him take up his cross, and follow Me." Follow Him? Where was Jesus going? To the crucifixion at Calvary. That too is where you must go. The path to the resurrection goes straight through the crucifixion.

If you want to be resurrected like Christ and be with Him you must crucify your flesh on the cross.

Galatians 5:24, " Those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." You must crucify your sin. That is repentance. Once that is done then your spirit is raised from the dead in Christ and you are saved. Then you become born again as Jesus said in John 3:3 "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." But being born again means dying first. If you are still a sinner you are still the old you and not born again as the new you.

The Word says you become a new creation in Christ when you get born again (2 Corithians 5:17). If you still sin wilfully, how are you a new creation? If you say that you are saved and Christ lives in you and yet you cannot stop willfully sinning then you are saying that Christ living in you is weaker than the Devil outside of you who causes you to sin. But if you willfully sin Christ is not in you.

Once you have crucified your flesh and the Holy Spirit does indeed live in you then you will have the power of God Himself to walk apart from sin. Then you will be transformed into a SAINT.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
I am not a Christian, but the scripture you quote from John was NOT said by the Jesus fellow. That was an assumption made by his rivals the Pharisees, if I recall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity