Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 03:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,435,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A sinner is one who misses the mark.
Are we pressing towards the mark, that of love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, meekness, faith and self-control towards all men?
Or are we merely working at not sinning in the physical sense of the word to show ourselves approved, never exceeding the self-righteousness of a Pharisee?

"The one who sins is separated from Christ, never hearing the prayers of the people."

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-25-2012 at 04:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 05:35 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,112,039 times
Quote:
Are we pressing towards the mark, that of love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, meekness, faith and self-control towards all men?
Or are we merely working at not sinning in the physical sense of the word to show ourselves approved, never exceeding the self-righteousness of a Pharisee?

"The one who sins is separated from Christ, never hearing the prayers of the people."
You mean Scribes...

Old 08-25-2012, 05:37 PM

381 posts, read 800,374 times
verna,
the worse thing a christian can do even on a forum is bash others....you can't read my heart..don't know what i've been through, where God had led me...in your mind, a limited one at that...even my own....you cannot judge my heart.....i'm under grace verna....put my trust fully in it and what is clear to me in the usa that there are two camps...

the grace camp

the legalist,performance camp

it is the goodness of God that leads us to repentance....from it the love of God can be made manifest because we come to know we are accepted by God,

all that bible knowledge means nothing if you have not love....Paul said this in 1 Cor 13....means nothing..

1 John 4:16-17 "AND WE HAVE KNOWN AND BELIEVED THE LOVE THAT GOD HAS FOR US. GOD IS LOVE AND HE WHO ABIDES IN LOVE ABIDES IN GOD..AND GOD IN HIM.LOVE HAS BEEN PERFECTED AMONG US IN THIS...THAT WE MAY HAVE BOLDNESS IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT AS HE IS, SO ARE WE IN THIS WORLD."

.....Praise god the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.....thank you Daddy for your mercy, your grace...in time of need..it is sufficient for me.. Jesus thank you for your shed blood on the cross..

your finished work.......thank you for saving me......your Praise will be continually on my lips..

God bless all of you...read your bible.....the Holy Spirit gives revelation to all in different measures...

lift up the name of Jesus...Amen.....

strangers seeking the Lord should know the entry door....Jesus said in love, "come to me" let the Holy Spirit do His job.....anyone reading this who does not know the Lord Jesus...people debate and argue all the time...read a bible..start with the gospel of John....and find a bible based church....but don't trust humans read your bible...faith comes by hearing, hearing the word of God...

Old 08-25-2012, 06:18 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,675,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
verna,
the worse thing a christian can do even on a forum is bash others....you can't read my heart..don't know what i've been through, where God had led me...in your mind, a limited one at that...even my own....you cannot judge my heart.....i'm under grace verna....put my trust fully in it and what is clear to me in the usa that there are two camps...

the grace camp

it is the goodness of God that leads us to repentance....from it the love of God can be made manifest because we come to know we are accepted by God,

all that bible knowledge means nothing if you have not love....Paul said this in 1 Cor 13....means nothing..

1 John 4:16-17 "AND WE HAVE KNOWN AND BELIEVED THE LOVE THAT GOD HAS FOR US. GOD IS LOVE AND HE WHO ABIDES IN LOVE ABIDES IN GOD..AND GOD IN HIM.LOVE HAS BEEN PERFECTED AMONG US IN THIS...THAT WE MAY HAVE BOLDNESS IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT AS HE IS, SO ARE WE IN THIS WORLD."

.....Praise god the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.....thank you Daddy for your mercy, your grace...in time of need..it is sufficient for me.. Jesus thank you for your shed blood on the cross..

your finished work.......thank you for saving me......your Praise will be continually on my lips..

God bless all of you...read your bible.....the Holy Spirit gives revelation to all in different measures...

lift up the name of Jesus...Amen.....

strangers seeking the Lord should know the entry door....Jesus said in love, "come to me" let the Holy Spirit do His job.....anyone reading this who does not know the Lord Jesus...people debate and argue all the time...read a bible..start with the gospel of John....and find a bible based church....but don't trust humans read your bible...faith comes by hearing, hearing the word of God...
You accusing me of twisting and adding to Scripture...and you don't consider that bashing ? O.K.

Is the reason you have not proven what you have accused me of is because you cannot ?

At least be honest about that....and appologize. That's all I ask.

...oh...and the "legalistic performance" label you put on me because I keep the Sabbath holy unto GOD as He commands us to do if we love Him...I don't have words....but you consider yourself under grace....when Grace brought me to be where I am in my relationship with Him...in covenant with Him.......sigh..............O.K.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:49 PM

63 posts, read 83,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
What is clear to me in the usa that there are two camps...

the grace camp

Hi Dave,

I agree that there are two camps.

But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but is for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
[1Ti 1:8-10 KJV]

Here the distinction is between righteous and lawless.

1Jn_3:4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.

Oh, and about performance:
Php_2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

God gets the glory.

Shalom,
Thomas

Old 08-25-2012, 07:04 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,379,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tyson View Post
Hi Dave,

I agree that there are two camps,
There is only 1 camps .......... Pcamps.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:03 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,034,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There is only 1 camps .......... Pcamps.
--

Old 08-26-2012, 08:57 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,435,372 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You mean Scribes...
Truly, the Scribes, Pharisees and hypocrites!

Old 08-27-2012, 01:59 AM

381 posts, read 800,374 times
Verna,
hi if i have offended you, i am sorry....if you read many of your comments you often say things to others who differ in their god given revelation of scripture to be wrong, or unsaved, etc....

you have offered your own revelation of what scripture means....

the doctrine of salvation by grace through faith is a theme and truth that underlies the whole new testament, new convenant, new wine, message of the shed blood of Christ..

I love to keep the sabbath...kept it yesterday...but there are times when i can't such as when i work.

when someone says you must do this to be saved, when belief is simply what Jesus said to have, and to love is whatJesus said to simply do, I have to speak out....not ot upset you but to speak truth!

and when Paul preached "the goodness of god leads us to a change in thinking, then I just draw difference in how you present your ideas about scripture

i did not accuse you, i simply stated my opinion about the mesaage you offered...

God perfects His love in us all during our journey...

We can never perform good enough to please God which is why Luke drew a distinction of the two men who walked on the road, a pharisee and a tax collector..

jesus said the latter went to his home justified not the first.....we are foolling ourselves when we think we can keep the whole law....Paul said it best in Galatians......offend in just one minor eeensy teentsy part and broke it all..

I ask you, have you kept the whole law? do you need God's grace to cover you ? i know i do which i why i stress this theme of scripture and not God's wrath, after all,

God satisfied His wrath by sending His only son, Jesus to the cross.....We have been reconciled to Him..

He is not angry at us, who receive and believe what He did at the cross..

Bless you, peace be with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity