Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2012, 05:13 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Humanity had wit, grace, and beauty; but most of all, it had truth.
Unfortunately, mankind continues to ignorantly "miss the mark."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 09:01 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
THE SINNER IS SEPARATED FROM CHRIST.

Hebrews 7:26 "For such a high priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, [FONT=Arial BlackSEPARATE FROM SINNERS[/font], and has become higher than the heavens." If you are a sinner Jesus Christ does not live in your heart as the Word of God clearly says you are separate from Him. Sin separates you from God, therefore, being a sinner makes you separate.

GOD DOES NOT HEAR THE PRAYERS OF SINNERS

John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

1 Peter 3:12 also says, "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; ]But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." God is saying here that He hears the prayers of the righteous but those who do evil (sinners) are not His and His face is set against them. If God is against you, are you saved? Certainly not!

Jesus Christ came to save sinners.

Romans 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." The Lord says that Jesus died for us while we WERE STILL sinners. That i...s past tense. Jesus Christ died for sinners. Jesus rose from the dead as a promise to those who followed after Him who would die in the flesh to their sins. His death was the atonement. His resurrection was the promise. You don't get the promise without the atonement. If you want to follow Jesus you must walk where He walked. You must go where He went. When Jesus said in Matthew 16:24, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, let him take up his cross, and follow Me." Follow Him? Where was Jesus going? To the crucifixion at Calvary. That too is where you must go. The path to the resurrection goes straight through the crucifixion.

If you want to be resurrected like Christ and be with Him you must crucify your flesh on the cross.

Galatians 5:24, " Those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." You must crucify your sin. That is repentance. Once that is done then your spirit is raised from the dead in Christ and you are saved. Then you become born again as Jesus said in John 3:3 "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." But being born again means dying first. If you are still a sinner you are still the old you and not born again as the new you.

The Word says you become a new creation in Christ when you get born again (2 Corithians 5:17). If you still sin wilfully, how are you a new creation? If you say that you are saved and Christ lives in you and yet you cannot stop willfully sinning then you are saying that Christ living in you is weaker than the Devil outside of you who causes you to sin. But if you willfully sin Christ is not in you.

Once you have crucified your flesh and the Holy Spirit does indeed live in you then you will have the power of God Himself to walk apart from sin. Then you will be transformed into a SAINT.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
Verna, He heard David's prayers?...

Old 08-20-2012, 09:02 AM

407 posts, read 829,539 times
God hears and answers all of our prayers. Just because He doesn't answer the way we want Him to, does not mean He does not answer them.

Here are the answers to prayers

1. Yes

2. No

3. I'll get back to you, on that

4. I have something else in mind, for you

Last edited by Trance750; 08-20-2012 at 09:59 AM..

Old 08-20-2012, 09:48 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Verna, He heard David's prayers?...
He heard David's repentative prayer (Psalms 55)...and He answered him. ....

Old 08-20-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
He heard David's repentative prayer (Psalms 55)...and He answered him. ....
...Dear Richard, my appologies...It is Psalm 51 instead of Psalm 55...and I found a thread in the archives explaining King David's willfull sin and his repentive prayer...

David’s Sin?

The subject of David’s sin is a difficult question for many Christians. David was a man greatly used by God and yet he committed wicked sins by his adultery with Bathsheba and murdering Uriah – and yet David was forgiven.

Does that mean that the believer who has truly repented and become a child of God can also rebel against God, commit willful sin and be forgiven?

The key to understanding that question lies in the meaning of “true repentanceâ€. David could be forgiven because he had not yet grown to the point where God considered him to be a "righteous man" who had truly repented as defined by the Lord in the book of Ezekiel.

REPENTANCE: (shall surely live)
Ezekiel 18:21 "But if the WICKED turn away from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

WILLFUL SIN: (shall die)
18:24 "But when the RIGHTEOUS turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth
iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live?

All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath
trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die."

The Lord says that if a WICKED man (as David proved himself to be) turned way from all his sins and become a righteous man he would live, [verse 21] but if the RIGHTEOUS man turned back to his wicked ways he would die. [verse 24]

If, in fact, David had fully repented and turned from his wickedness before his sin with Bathsheba, he would have been a righteous man who had turned away from his righteousness and therefore condemned to death. However, since we know that David was not condemned, we also know that he could not have been a "righteous" man when he committed sin with Bathsheba.

The Biblical truth is that David had never truly repented and been converted until after Bathsheba. Psalms 51 describes David’s repentance from sin. The heading states that it was written *after* he had gone into Bathsheba.

Psalms 51:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto
him, *after he had gone in to Bathsheba*.

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude
of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

At the time he repented David became “a righteous man†who had turned away from his wickedness forever and was forgiven. If David had fallen back into willful sin he would have been lost forever “in the day†that he rebelled.

The wicked person is delivered in the day that they become righteous by turning from their wickedness and the righteous person is lost in the day that he returns to committing willful sin.

Ezekiel 33:12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The
righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him *in the day* of his transgression: as
for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby *in the day* that he turneth
from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness *in
the day* that he sinneth.

It is the same today, if a wicked man turns away from his wickedness he will be forgiven, but the believer who has been delivered from his sin and then turns back to it (like the dog returning to his vomit) (2 Peter 2:21) will be condemned to death.

The one who has truly repented, become a child of God, received the knowledge of the truth and then rebels against his Lord by choosing to sin willfully has no hope for salvation. His fate is sealed.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth,
there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Why is there no mercy for such a person? The Scriptures describe them in this way… they have trodden under foot the Son of God, called their covenant to repent an unholy thing and done despite unto (blasphemed) the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy,
who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant,
wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Those who teach that God will always forgive willful sin are teaching the modern version of Satan’s lie to Eve. They say that “Even if you disobey God – ye shall not surely die.†[end]

God Bless you dear brother.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:06 PM

381 posts, read 798,721 times
the reason your old testament theology is wrong is that does not make room for God's grace

He gave us a spirit of love not of fear to bondage... man cannot keep the whole law. it is impossible...worry is a sin, envy is....we are humans ...so one part of law broken means damnation in your views of salvation

we cannot add to the finished work of the cross...

salvation is not conditional...it is not given out based on what we do or how we perform...if it was, we would all die surely

no to be sure, salvatioin was purchased by the blood of Jesus

your theology makes salvation conditional, it is in fact not

when we receive our inheritance, as children of God, it is irrevocable...God does not take back His free gift.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
let me just say that suggesting God does not hear sinners is simply a false teaching..

Jesus said whoever comes to me I will by no means cast out

Jesus said come to me all you who labor and are burdened and I will give you rest

He called the apostles all of whom were not saved and knew not the Messiah

HE ALSO SAVED THE THIEF ON THE CROSS AT THE VERY EDGE OF DEATH WHO HAD SINNED HIS ENTIRE LIFE AND KNEW HIM NOT

this teaching about sinners being separated from God relies solely on the human ability to somehow stop sinning which we know this side of glory is impossible

it also denies the saving power of God's grace which is the bedrock for all christians..Eph 2:8

John 3:18 He who believes is not condemned

so in summary, these tirades which i clearly see as totally false relying on human power and not the indwelt spiritual power of the Holy Spirit which comes as a result of confession and belief, Romans 10:9

will dangerously confuse people to think they can control whether or not they have good standing with God..

we cannot add to the finished work of the shed blood of Christ.. never..repeat never.

verna I love you, but twisting scripture and adding man made doctrine..IS NEVER GOOD FOR THOSE WHO ARE SEEKING GOD...

SAVED BY GRACE , HONEY...ALWAYS AND FOREVER...
Quote:
Greetings Dave.

So, would you please point out to me and every other reader here on this board which of the following passages in Scripture I have (as you accuse me of), "twisted" and explain just how it is that I twisted it...and while you are at it...would you please show me where I have (as you accuse me of), "added" my own doctrine ? Pleae be clear and specific for me/us. Thank you so much.....

Hebrews 7:26 "For such a high priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, SEPARATE FROM SINNERS, and has become higher than the heavens." If you are a sinner Jesus Christ does not live in your heart as the Word of God clearly says you are separate from Him. Sin separates you from God, therefore, being a sinner makes you separate.

GOD DOES NOT HEAR THE PRAYERS OF SINNERS

John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

1 Peter 3:12 also says, "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; ]But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." God is saying here that He hears the prayers of the righteous but those who do evil (sinners) are not His and His face is set against them. If God is against you, are you saved? Certainly not!

Jesus Christ came to save sinners.

Romans 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." The Lord says that Jesus died for us while we WERE STILL sinners. That is past tense. Jesus Christ died for sinners. Jesus rose from the dead as a promise to those who followed after Him who would die in the flesh to their sins. His death was the atonement. His resurrection was the promise. You don't get the promise without the atonement. If you want to follow Jesus you must walk where He walked. You must go where He went. When Jesus said in Matthew 16:24, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, let him take up his cross, and follow Me." Follow Him? Where was Jesus going? To the crucifixion at Calvary. That too is where you must go. The path to the resurrection goes straight through the crucifixion.

If you want to be resurrected like Christ and be with Him you must crucify your flesh on the cross.

Galatians 5:24, " Those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." You must crucify your sin. That is repentance. Once that is done then your spirit is raised from the dead in Christ and you are saved. Then you become born again as Jesus said in John 3:3 "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." But being born again means dying first. If you are still a sinner you are still the old you and not born again as the new you.

The Word says you become a new creation in Christ when you get born again (2 Corithians 5:17). If you still sin wilfully, how are you a new creation? If you say that you are saved and Christ lives in you and yet you cannot stop willfully sinning then you are saying that Christ living in you is weaker than the Devil outside of you who causes you to sin. But if you willfully sin Christ is not in you.

Once you have crucified your flesh and the Holy Spirit does indeed live in you then you will have the power of God Himself to walk apart from sin. Then you will be transformed into a SAINT.

God Bless you Dave...and I pray He finds the eyes of your heart to be opened to His truth one wonderful day....that will be a day of great blessings for you...as you will finally be set free from TRULY MAN MADE, FALSE, TWISTED DOCTRINE.

Love,
Verna.

P.S. I never said the He didn't hear the cry of the repented, contrite heart....He knows those hearts..and He hears those prayers...but do not be fooled into believing that He allows for one second, one to fall back willfully, into their sinful, wicked ways, and continues to hear their prayers...as shown above, Scripture says otherwise....and it is not His word that has been twisted, but one's thinking.......it is truth, whether you believe it or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
the reason your old testament theology is wrong is that does not make room for God's grace

He gave us a spirit of love not of fear to bondage... man cannot keep the whole law. it is impossible...worry is a sin, envy is....we are humans ...so one part of law broken means damnation in your views of salvation

we cannot add to the finished work of the cross...

salvation is not conditional...it is not given out based on what we do or how we perform...if it was, we would all die surely

no to be sure, salvatioin was purchased by the blood of Jesus

your theology makes salvation conditional, it is in fact not

when we receive our inheritance, as children of God, it is irrevocable...God does not take back His free gift.
First...let me say this to you....you are wrong...yes wrong !...about everything you just stated above, and it can be proven by Scripture when it is read with understanding of Truth through the light of the Holy Spirit....but you must be a believer in order to be able to read Scripture with uderstanding dave...and you are not a believer...you are a transgressor of the law (The Ten Commandments) of God...for you do not keep the seventh day Sabbath holy unto God..THE FOURTH COMMANDMENT...and until you believe that, and DO! it...you are not a believer in the word of God. You have your own god and you parrot what you have been taught all your life...which is a lie.

So, you think this last reply is what I am to accept as your evidence of what you falsely accused me of in your earlier reply to me dave? I don't think so.

I asked you to please point out to me which of the above Scripture I have (as you accuse me of) "twisted", and explain just how it is that I twisted it...and while you are at it...please show me where I have (as you have accused me of), "added" my own doctrine?

...and I asked you to be clear and specific.

...and I would appreciate it very much if you would do so...seeing that you so freely, and easily accuse me of this...you owe it to me....don't you think...as one human being to another ? I certainly do. I am still waiting for you to prove to me what you accuse me of. Thank you for that respect.

...and God's love IS conditional, the proof of this is written throughout the entire Bible...and can be understood...again...if read through the light of the Holy Spirit of Truth...which you do not......

"God loves you unconditionally!" I challenge anybody to prove that from the Bible.

There is not a single verse which explicitly states that God loves mankind (or even a Christian) without conditions. Some would point to the verse that says "...while we were yet sinners God loved us" or John 3:16 which says: "For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten Son..." in order to demonstrate God's continuous love. However, if one looks closely, those verses do not say that God loves mankind. They say He loved them. The Greek verb "agapao" (loved) is in the aorist tense and indicative mood, thus a single completed act; that is, not a present tense loves, but a past tense loved.

The fact that at some point in time God acted with charity towards a sinful world by giving them a saviour, does not imply that God loves all men unconditionally. In fact the scriptures say exactly the opposite. They say that God does not love wicked mankind and was sorry that He made them...

"The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

And the LORD was SORRY THAT HE HAD MADE MAN ON THE EARTH and it grieved Him to His heart" (Gen 6:5-6)

One might argue that even though God is sorry that He made man, He still loves them despite their wickedness. You know..."God hates sin, but loves the sinner!" The problem is that popular slogan is not scriptural. On the contrary, the Bible says:

"For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee...THOU HATEST ALL WORKERS OF INIQUITY." (Psalms 5:4-5)

"...But The wicked and him that loveth violence HIS SOUL HATETH." (Psalms 11:5 )

"The face of the LORD is against them that do evil..." (Psalms 34:16)

Please note that the face of the Lord is not against the evil one does, it is against the one who does evil. So much for "God loves the sinner...". The fact is that God hates both the wicked and their sins.

Think about it for a moment; if God "loves" mankind so much why did He drown them all like rats? Has the heart of man changed so much since the time of Noah? No, the fact is that mankind is just as wicked as ever, if not more so.

The astonishing truth is that God did not send his Son to suffer and die for a world that He has affection for, but to die for a world that God was sorry He had made. A world filled with wicked people that He hates! And yet, despite our wickedness, God will extend love to individual men and women, but THERE ARE CONDITIONS! If we want to be loved by God we must keep His commandments. Jesus said:

"IF ye keep my commandments, YE SHALL ABIDE IN MY LOVE;" (John 15:10)

"IF a man love me, he will keep my words: AND MY FATHER WILL LOVE HIM," (John 14:23)

"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: And he that loveth me SHALL BE LOVED OF MY FATHER..." (John 14:21)

Those verses clearly say that God will love someone IF they keep His commandments.

Therefore, the doctrine of God's unconditional love of mankind is false. We must stop listening to the ear tickling sermons of modern Christianity and let the scriptures speak for themselves about whom God loves...

"The LORD loveth the righteous." (Psalms 146:8)

"He loveth him that followeth after righteousness." (Proverbs 15:9)

"I love them that love Me." (Proverbs 8:17)

"...For I the LORD your God am a jealous God...showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS." (Exodus 20:5-6, (2nd commandment)

According to those verses, all who are not keeping the Ten commandments of God can be certain that God does not love them. (Anything contrary is a lie.)

The sinning Christian has been repeatedly told that: "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life!" ...Sadly, nothing could be farther from the truth, for their end shall be eternal destruction.

Thus saith the LORD God Almighty.

...and I am still waiting for that proof of what you accused me of above.

Sincerely,
Verna.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:34 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
First...let me say this to you....you are wrong...yes wrong !...about everything you just stated above, and it can be proven by Scripture when it is read with understanding of Truth through the light of the Holy Spirit....but you must be a believer in order to be able to read Scripture with uderstanding dave...and you are not a believer...you are a transgressor of the law (The Ten Commandments) of God...for you do not keep the seventh day Sabbath holy unto God..THE FOURTH COMMANDMENT...and until you believe that, and DO! it...you are not a believer in the word of God. You have your own god and you parrot what you have been taught all your life...which is a lie.

So, you think this last reply is what I am to accept as your evidence of what you falsely accused me of in your earlier reply to me dave? I don't think so.

I asked you to please point out to me which of the above Scripture I have (as you accuse me of) "twisted", and explain just how it is that I twisted it...and while you are at it...please show me where I have (as you have accused me of), "added" my own doctrine?

...and I asked you to be clear and specific.

...and I would appreciate it very much if you would do so...seeing that you so freely, and easily accuse me of this...you owe it to me....don't you think...as one human being to another ? I certainly do. I am still waiting for you to prove to me what you accuse me of. Thank you for that respect.

...and God's love IS conditional, the proof of this is written throughout the entire Bible...and can be understood...again...if read through the light of the Holy Spirit of Truth...which you do not......

"God loves you unconditionally!" I challenge anybody to prove that from the Bible.

There is not a single verse which explicitly states that God loves mankind (or even a Christian) without conditions. Some would point to the verse that says "...while we were yet sinners God loved us" or John 3:16 which says: "For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten Son..." in order to demonstrate God's continuous love. However, if one looks closely, those verses do not say that God loves mankind. They say He loved them. The Greek verb "agapao" (loved) is in the aorist tense and indicative mood, thus a single completed act; that is, not a present tense loves, but a past tense loved.

The fact that at some point in time God acted with charity towards a sinful world by giving them a saviour, does not imply that God loves all men unconditionally. In fact the scriptures say exactly the opposite. They say that God does not love wicked mankind and was sorry that He made them...

"The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

And the LORD was SORRY THAT HE HAD MADE MAN ON THE EARTH and it grieved Him to His heart" (Gen 6:5-6)

One might argue that even though God is sorry that He made man, He still loves them despite their wickedness. You know..."God hates sin, but loves the sinner!" The problem is that popular slogan is not scriptural. On the contrary, the Bible says:

"For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee...THOU HATEST ALL WORKERS OF INIQUITY." (Psalms 5:4-5)

"...But The wicked and him that loveth violence HIS SOUL HATETH." (Psalms 11:5 )

"The face of the LORD is against them that do evil..." (Psalms 34:16)

Please note that the face of the Lord is not against the evil one does, it is against the one who does evil. So much for "God loves the sinner...". The fact is that God hates both the wicked and their sins.

Think about it for a moment; if God "loves" mankind so much why did He drown them all like rats? Has the heart of man changed so much since the time of Noah? No, the fact is that mankind is just as wicked as ever, if not more so.

The astonishing truth is that God did not send his Son to suffer and die for a world that He has affection for, but to die for a world that God was sorry He had made. A world filled with wicked people that He hates! And yet, despite our wickedness, God will extend love to individual men and women, but THERE ARE CONDITIONS! If we want to be loved by God we must keep His commandments. Jesus said:

"IF ye keep my commandments, YE SHALL ABIDE IN MY LOVE;" (John 15:10)

"IF a man love me, he will keep my words: AND MY FATHER WILL LOVE HIM," (John 14:23)

"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: And he that loveth me SHALL BE LOVED OF MY FATHER..." (John 14:21)

Those verses clearly say that God will love someone IF they keep His commandments.

Therefore, the doctrine of God's unconditional love of mankind is false. We must stop listening to the ear tickling sermons of modern Christianity and let the scriptures speak for themselves about whom God loves...

"The LORD loveth the righteous." (Psalms 146:8)

"He loveth him that followeth after righteousness." (Proverbs 15:9)

"I love them that love Me." (Proverbs 8:17)

"...For I the LORD your God am a jealous God...showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS." (Exodus 20:5-6, (2nd commandment)

According to those verses, all who are not keeping the Ten commandments of God can be certain that God does not love them. (Anything contrary is a lie.)

The sinning Christian has been repeatedly told that: "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life!" ...Sadly, nothing could be farther from the truth, for their end shall be eternal destruction.

Thus saith the LORD God Almighty.

...and I am still waiting for that proof of what you accused me of above.

Sincerely,
Verna.
Lol...Blew your top again Verna?...Just remember, the fool despises instruction...

Old 08-22-2012, 08:27 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,722 times
Quote:
...all who are not keeping the Ten commandments of God can be certain that God does not love them. (Anything contrary is a lie.)
Consider the following, taken from scripture:

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

1Jn 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Clearly, God loved me when I was not keeping His commandments, when I was His enemy, and while I was not loving Him. God did all this for me, while I was in unbelief, dead in sin and unrepentant.

Not only did God love me as such, He also was justifying me (present tense) while being in that state of ungodliness:

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Further, God did so while I was not working to keep His commandments:

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Rom 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Rom 4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Not only did God do this for me, He also did this for you too, Verna. And not only us, but for the world:

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

And not only the world, but for the whole world. No exceptions here Verna. All are included:

1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The sins of the whole world are forgiven (past tense). The sins of the whole world are not being imputed (present tense) against them. The whole world is reconciled (present tense) by God to Himself. God is justifying (present tense) all the ungodly. The whole world Verna. Not only you and I, but the whole world. That's the Good News of the Gospel.

And, it is not a lie.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:43 AM

987 posts, read 1,118,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Consider the following, taken from scripture:

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

1Jn 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Clearly, God loved me when I was not keeping His commandments, when I was His enemy, and while I was not loving Him. God did all this for me, while I was in unbelief, dead in sin and unrepentant.

Not only did God love me as such, He also was justifying me (present tense) while being in that state of ungodliness:

Further, God did so while I was not working to keep His commandments:

Rom 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Rom 4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Not only did God do this for me, He also did this for you too, Verna. And not only us, but for the world:

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

And not only the world, but for the whole world. No exceptions here Verna. All are included:

1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The sins of the whole world are forgiven (past tense). The sins of the whole world are not being imputed (present tense) against them. The whole world is reconciled (present tense) by God to Himself. God is justifying (present tense) all the ungodly. The whole world Verna. Not only you and I, but the whole world. That's the Good News of the Gospel.

And, it is not a lie.
Wonderful to see you posting again Alabama. I appreciate them so much!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity