Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2010, 09:35 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Oh dear...pcamps...you never cease to leave me in amazement with some of the things you come up with...

Here...YOU...of all people...who does not believe in keeping the Sabbath holy unto God...and YOU who fights the truth of it with everything you have within you...quotes correctly that to break one commandment you break them all...AND THEN YOU EVEN FINALLY ADMITT THAT BREAKING THE SABBATH IS A TRANSGRESSION......which would be YOU for sure!...(no doubt at all)...but then to falsely accuse me of breaking the second one...I'm sorry...but this is just plain..................I don't even have a word for it. Carry on.

LOL!

Be blessed pcamps.

In Christ,
Verna.
Verna you have that wrong, i threw in the Sabbath in to my post in reference to your idol (the sabbath) and one of the commandments which has a stranglehold on you.

I do not believe in the sabbath you believe in , like i said if you believe God hates His enemies , you do too , without a shadow of doubt , and you are guilty of breaking the whole law , which your faith is in because of this , including the sabbath(you are a sabbath breaker if you hate your enemy)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 09:44 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,662,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Verna you have that wrong, i threw in the Sabbath in to my post in reference to your idol (the sabbath) and one of the commandments which has a stranglehold on you.

I do not believe in the sabbath you believe in , like i said if you believe God hates His enemies , you do too , without a shadow of doubt , and you are guilty of breaking the whole law , which your faith is in because of this , including the sabbath(you are a sabbath breaker if you hate your enemy)
Just because you say I hate my enemy, does not make it so. Do you know what is in my heart...? No...only God knows what is in the heart.

Good day.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Just because you say I hate my enemy, does not make it so. Do you know what is in my heart...? No...only God knows what is in the heart.

Good day.
We are all a reflection or becoming a reflection of the God we believe in . You continually say God hates his enemies so it goes without saying you do to, if you loved your enemies you would so because God loves His, right ?

Old 10-26-2010, 10:07 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,662,729 times
Quote:
We are all a reflection or becoming a reflection of the God we believe in . You continually say God hates his enemies so it goes without saying you do to, if you loved your enemies you would so because God loves His, right ?
God is God...He has an agenda...what He does is what he does.

He tells us to love our enemies, to show the fruits of the Spirit within us...who are you or I to question why He does and says what He does and says?...just listen to Him...believe in what He says, and do it...without question. Right?

Old 10-26-2010, 10:21 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,763,552 times
Quote:

Good day.
Quote:

Mat 12:34
You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.

Luk 6:45
The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

It is obvious what fills Verna's Heart by what she speaks, namely false pride, hate, and lies(Because she is blinded by the reading of the old testament). The proof that she speaks lies is that she denies 1Jo 4:19, which clearly states that God loved us(humanity) before we ever loved him.

1Jo 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us.

1Jo 4:19 alone puts the lies to Verna's false teachings of hate, and reveals what is really in her heart behind her lying words by which she seeks to draw close to God while in truth she is apostate and fallen from Grace. Her sins are greater than most, just like the Pharisees before her.

Verna teaches the opposite of what the new testament teaches, that God loves us because we first loved him.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-26-2010 at 11:06 AM..

Old 10-26-2010, 10:22 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,215,899 times
Quote:
If Scripture did not mention "Worshipping the LORD God Only"...or..."Idolatry"...or...'Murder"...or...
"Adultery"...or..."Covetousness"...or..."Theft"...or..."Bearing False Witness"...would that mean it is o.k. to commit them...? Scripture clearly states...

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments." John 14:15.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

John 15:10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

1 John 2:3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.

1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.
Just an FYI, you don't get Grace for each word you type, Grace still comes from God.

But the NT specifically DOES mention all of those sins; it just doesn't mention the only one you are obsessed with.

His commands are to walk in LOVE. Every sin listed above involves love, keeping the Sabbath does not, hence why it was NEVER mentioned in the NT as a sin.

Do you really think the God who created the universe is going to care if we don't go to Wal-Mart on a specific day? So Christians who treat others and God with love, walk in love, show fruit of love yet go to Denny's on a specific day are damned to hell? Does that really make sense to you?

Old 10-26-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:

He tells us to love our enemies, to show the fruits of the Spirit within us...who are you or I to question why He does and says what He does and says?...just listen to Him...believe in what He says, and do it...without question. Right?

Whose questioning Him Verna ? , He tells us love our enemies , i'm agreeing with Him.Remember you have heard it said "love your neighbor and hate your enemy, but i say unto you love your enemies".Jesus was a perfect example to us all of not hating our enemies !!!!!!!!!, so please no God hates His enemies scriptures thanks.

If He told us to hate our enemies , i know i would have hard time doing it , but if i was sold out to a god that hates i am sure i would manifest hate too, no matter how much i may try to hide it .

What you believe Verna no matter how much you want to gloss it up with scripture to justify it, is built on sinking sand.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:

You are not believing God, you are believing the words and traditions of men. What you do and what you are telling others to do in the above post is called gullibility ... God want us to ask questions, and to reason together with him, in order to come to understand his truth.

Isa 1:18
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

If one do not pray to God and question whether or not what one believes in and has been taught is true, but rather accepts it as true without question, one will most likely be deceived and believe lies. If one Asks God for answers, he will reveal the answers, but you must be willing to ask and seek for the truth.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-26-2010 at 11:09 AM..

Old 10-26-2010, 10:42 AM

In order to be perfect/complete(teleios - brought to its end, finished, mature) like God in heaven is perfect/complete, is by having a complete love, not only for those who love us, but for our enemies also.

Mat 5:43-48
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

If God tells us to love our enemies, but he hates his enemies, then we are not like our father in heaven, but if God does love his enemies, then we are like our father when we love our enemies.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-26-2010 at 10:52 AM..

Old 10-26-2010, 10:55 AM

10 posts, read 12,866 times
when we receive Jesus as our personal Savior, we are SAINTS, we will always sin, we were born with sin, God love us unconditionally, when we sin it should not be pleasurable to us, we should feel quily and ask for forgiveness, but we are not perfect because Christ lives in us; we are forgiven, and we should elude His love♥
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity