Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 12:07 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
cityflair...hi I am feeling a lot stronger now, every day gets better...thank you.

If you "don't do the things that you want to do" (which I understand that they would be the wrong things to do by the way you worded your response) then that would mean that you are not transgressing the laws of God (the Ten Commandments), which is sin; satisfying the lusts of your flesh and willfully sinning...? Am I correct? If I am understanding you correctly, and you are not doing these things, then your prayers are being heard!

Blessings to you dear friend,
Verna.
Verna, if someone believes the bible yet IS doing some of "the things that they don't want to do" but prays and asks god to help them not to, will he hear them and answer them? I assume you'll say yes, so then you believe he DOES hear the sinner, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 12:37 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Verna, Prayer of Salvation ????????? , which bible are you getting that from .

Faith in His grace is the way of salvation Ephesians 2 verse 8.

I will say to you what i said to Twin Spin , if God could love us while we were still sinners(This is the greatest thing that as ever happened in the history of man) , answering any kind of prayer for a sinner is not diificult for Him
God will only hear and answer the sinners prayer for salvation...their humble, honest, heart felt cry for help.

God has judged it good to grant to the prayers of the humble the salvation of the exalted; and assuredly we have many examples of this...

Philippians 1:19 "...for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance [salvation],..."

Romans 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:11 "...as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many."

Hebrews 5:7 During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.

Psalm 22:24 For he has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.

Psalm 20:5 May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory and raise a victory banner in the name of our God. May the LORD answer all your prayers.

Psalm 65:5 By awesome deeds you answered our prayers with righteousness, O God of our salvation, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas;

In the first part of Rev.8 the relation and necessity of saintly prayers to God's plans and operations in executing the salvation of men is set forth in rich, expressive symbol, wherein the angels have to do with the prayers of the saints...

Revelation 8:
1And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
2And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.
5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

A life of prayer is the only life which Heaven counts. Prayer is based on a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:49 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Verna, if someone believes the bible yet IS doing some of "the things that they don't want to do" but prays and asks god to help them not to, will he hear them and answer them? I assume you'll say yes, so then you believe he DOES hear the sinner, right?
God sets His face against those who do evil...who willfully sin and are wicked...who love and live in their iniquities.

God hears a sinners' humble, honest, heart felt cry for help. Yes, only then.

Blessings.

In Christ's love..and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:50 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Once again, God only hears the prayers of sinners when seeking repentance. If sinners are just apologizing for their sins without any intention of forsaking those sins, then God does not hear them.

As for hypocrites, God despises them. Jesus called them vipers and whited sepulchers.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:54 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:
God sets His face against those who do evil...who willfully sin and are wicked...who love and live in their iniquities.

Blessings.

Verna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Once again, God only hears the prayers of sinners when seeking repentance. If sinners are just apologizing for their sins without any intention of forsaking those sins, then God does not hear them.

As for hypocrites, God despises them. Jesus called them vipers and whited sepulchers.
Thank God that he sent his son to die for us and all God sees of us who believe is Jesus on the Cross.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:59 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Once again, God only hears the prayers of sinners when seeking repentance.

Once again the partner and companion in life of 28 years that God blessed me with from the hope in my heart proves that idea false for my life.

This does not mean I was excused of my behavior during that time, but God heard me.

Would God hear my prayer to be excused from consequenses as I remained in poor actions, of course he would hear it, but we reap what we sow will be his answer.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:06 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Once again the partner and companion in life of 28 years that God blessed me with from the hope in my heart proves that idea false for my life.

This does not mean I was excused of my behavior during that time, but God heard me.

Would God hear my prayer to be excused from consequenses as I remained in poor actions, of course he would hear it, but we reap what we sow will be his answer.
No thank you. I accept what is written.

Isaiah 59
[1] Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
[2] But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:08 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:

Blessings.

Verna.
So, if a sinner is honest and humble, god hears. That's the criteria? Sounds like you're in agreement with all the other Christians on this thread.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:13 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:

Do you not realize Jesus healed multitudes upon multitudes of people in the villages he went to?,infact He did so many wonderful things the gospel of John tells us all the books in the world could not record what He did .
Without a shadow of doubt i can say they were underserving sinners in the eyes of the religious hypocritical , judgemental Scribes and Pharisees, but in the eyes of the great physician these very same people looked down upon by the establishment, He stooped down to where they were and touched all there lives.

What a wonderful savior

This very same Jesus is the same today towards all sinners, has He we back then .

And it's the same religious spirit today questioning how that He is for the sinner and not against him unless it's on their religious terms, has it was back then.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:16 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
No thank you. I accept what is written.

Isaiah 59
[1] Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
[2] But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Good, I am glad you accept what is written.

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity