Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 03:07 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,433,746 times

Advertisements

This is what i mean Twin about the message of sin and condemnation ^^. Where is the good news in it ?.

We have the same anointing as Jesus which is to preach good news to the poor,heal the brokenheated,preach deliverance for the captive ,recovery of sight to the blind and set at liberty them that are bruised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 03:26 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,157,117 times
twin.spin,

Do you rejoice in this good news that God burns his enemies forever? Since apparently that is what you believe, and God's judgments are good and righteous, do you praise God every day over His righteous judgment as people burn in eternal fire?

Or do you despise God's judgments and wish they weren't so?

Or do you not care one way or the other?

Old 11-16-2010, 03:27 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,541,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This is what i mean Twin about the message of sin and condemnation ^^. Where is the good news in it ?.

We have the same anointing as Jesus which is to preach good news to the poor,heal the brokenheated,preach deliverance for the captive ,recovery of sight to the blind and set at liberty them that are bruised.
pcamps,

There is no "good news" for those who reject Jesus. That's what Jesus' instruction to his disciples was, he told them to say basically 'there is no good new for you'

Luke 10:10-12
But when you enter a town and are not welcomed, go into its streets and say, ‘Even the dust of your town we wipe from our feet as a warning to you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God has come near.’ I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town. "

Old 11-16-2010, 03:37 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,541,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
twin.spin,

Do you rejoice in this good news that God burns his enemies forever? Since apparently that is what you believe, and God's judgments are good and righteous, do you praise God every day over His righteous judgment as people burn in eternal fire?

Or do you despise God's judgments and wish they weren't so?

Or do you not care one way or the other?
Is that the only other option your logic concludes..?

p.s.
From a scriptural view point, that probably would be the core issue of UR " despise(ing) God's judgments and wish they weren't so? " and why I oppose it ..... which is why UR is considered a Satanic lie. Satan despises God's judgement against him.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Is that the only other option your logic concludes..?

p.s.
From a scriptural view point, that probably would be the core issue of UR " despise(ing) God's judgments and wish they weren't so? " and why I oppose it ..... which is why UR is considered a Satanic lie. Satan despises God's judgement against him.
So does that mean you rejoice in God's judgments? I believe scripturally that is what we are to do.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:32 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,433,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
pcamps,

There is no "good news" for those who reject Jesus. That's what Jesus' instruction to his disciples was, he told them to say basically 'there is no good new for you'

Luke 10:10-12
But when you enter a town and are not welcomed, go into its streets and say, ‘Even the dust of your town we wipe from our feet as a warning to you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God has come near.’ I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town. "
I am not trying to make a case here for UR , i am debating this giving you the benefit of the doubt that ET is real , (just for arguments sake) .Your message still fails the test if ET is true, because your message is nothing like the message of Jesus, it's loaded with sin and condemnation and no good news.

Jesus said he was anointed to
  • preach good news to the poor
  • heal the brokenhearted
  • to preach deliverance to the captives
  • recovery of sight to the blind
  • to set at liberty them that are bruised
There is good news for those who reject Jesus , you rejected him all of your life until he opened your eyes,and he never gave up on you until he brought you to the realization that he truely his your savior just like he did for the rest of us.

But unfortunately just like the wicked servant you have forgotten this and are holding all to account those you believe are indebted to the master, for the very same thing you we were freely forgiven of.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-16-2010 at 05:41 PM..

Old 11-16-2010, 04:48 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,969,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
So does that mean you rejoice in God's judgments? I believe scripturally that is what we are to do.

As odd as it may seem, the grand daughter of fred phelps does rejoice fully in the judgments of God, it may be that she believes everyone is going to hell but the ones of the phelps family that believes all that Fred teaches on the subject, but she rejoices in that judgment and expresses glee in it.

She made a statement in the BBC documentary that biblically it is hard to argue with. What should cause her not to be happy about the judgments of God if she believe all that God does is righteous and believes God will burn people in hell.

Emotionally people will object, but, the question does remain, why aren't more people as happy as she is about the righteous judgments of God. If someone believe a person deserves hell, there is then no reason to not to make a joyful noise about it.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
As odd as it may seem, the grand daughter of fred phelps does rejoice fully in the judgments of God, it may be that she believes everyone is going to hell but the ones of the phelps family that believes all that Fred teaches on the subject, but she rejoices in that judgment and expresses glee in it.

She made a statement in the BBC documentary that biblically it is hard to argue with. What should cause her not to be happy about the judgments of God if she believe all that God does is righteous and believes God will burn people in hell.

Emotionally people will object, but, the question does remain, why aren't more people as happy as she is about the righteous judgments of God. If someone believe a person deserves hell, there is then no reason to not to make a joyful noise about it.
Indeed... I have watched those documentaries about the Phelps family. At least they are consistent in that respect. If God's judgments are indeed righteous, we should rejoice in them. Like you say - make a joyful noise!

twin.spin, do you rejoice in all of God's righteous judgments, including what you believe is Him condemning people to torment forever?

Old 11-16-2010, 05:17 PM

175 posts, read 175,611 times
Quote:
i rejoice at the thought of Gods' judgements, but for a diferent reason:

Isa 26:9 -With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness

i use to believe in ET and my demeanor toward other people reflected it, but since i have come to know this will be, i personally have a completely different attitude and demeanor when i deal with other people. It has changed my whole outlook on this life.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boanerges View Post
i rejoice at the thought of Gods' judgements, but for a diferent reason:

Isa 26:9 -With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness

i use to believe in ET and my demeanor toward other people reflected it, but since i have come to know this will be, i personally have a completely different attitude and demeanor when i deal with other people. It has changed my whole outlook on this life.

Amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity