Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 08:53 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
pcamps, I saw a church sign that said:

When Satan reminds you of your past
Remind him of his future.

I agree with my adversary nowadays,that confuses him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I'm not denying that you have found peace in your life, so the following is more how I relate to what you have said.

The problem comes from having an expectation of time in relationship to effort. Of course you and I felt that way in the institution of religion because it builds false promises.

The bible supports the effort to become better or there would be no running of the race, God is not running it for you completely or there is no point in the verses for personal effort. Jesus did not tell the prostitute, God will cause you to sin no more, Jesus at the point of her realizing she could trust him, told her a truth of possibility.

What God wants us to know is the joy we can have through the journey and failure from trying is nothing to be ashamed of.
Phaze i respect your view, and if that is working fo you, who am i to disagree.

Truthfully speaking the only running i have done in my walk, is away from God,for myself i have come to realize ,it's the way i think that changes me for the better or worse.As a man thinks in his heart so is he.

What we are thinking we are beholding

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:25 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Phaze i respect your view, and if that is working fo you, who am i to disagree.

Truthfully speaking the only running i have done in my walk, is away from God,for myself i have come to realize ,it's the way i think that changes me for the better or worse.As a man thinks in his heart so is he.

What we are thinking we are beholding

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Well, again, no problem, but in the institution there is the scenario that physical effort is more important than a change in thought. In other words, people in religion must see you do things to their satisfaction.

We called that "judging righteously"

As you say, you have come to realize things, that in and of itself is all a part of running the race.

It is not saying you do it all on your own, it is saying that YOU are a part of it, even if it is as simple as thinking differently to see and hope for a perception of change.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:45 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,370,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hey Brian

What don't you agree with the last line ?.

Maybe i didn't explain myself, under the old covenant we made an effort and strived to enter in, when the old covenant became obsolete, and the new covenant was established , we now enter in through the confidence of what he accomplished for us, and under this new covenant we meet God ourselves in the holy of holies.To me that is mind blowing.
I completely agree!!
I worded things wrong.. too much time here in Italy I guess..
What I meant to say is that we were both on the same track, I practically saw your conclusion coming before I read it!

Blessings,
brian

Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well, again, no problem, but in the institution there is the scenario that physical effort is more important than a change in thought. In other words, people in religion must see you do things to their satisfaction.

We called that "judging righteously"

As you say, you have come to realize things, that in and of itself is all a part of running the race.

It is not saying you do it all on your own, it is saying that YOU are a part of it, even if it is as simple as thinking differently to see and hope for a perception of change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity