Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2011, 09:39 PM

20,456 posts, read 12,848,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
Have you ever heard someone preach about it is easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven?

That's another passage misused.
For a person who does not believe, you are a self-proclaimed expert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
OK,I just was looking to see where you stand and you claim you know not.
So you could not possibly beleive that the bible is god's word if you don't know what you are not supposed to do.
I know, but you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
In the scriptures the meaning of hades carrys with it the meaning of a place below the surface - meaning under the surface. References to things under the surface are signs of a place that is the destiny for the dead.

The story of Lazarus and the Rich man is the story of the High Priest and Lazarus. This lazarus is the same Lazarus that Jesus raised from the dead. The chasm is simply the fact that Lazarus and Abraham can't cross because they have life whereas the Rich man is in death - the home of death is hades.
No.

It is permanent and impassable. There is no bridging over the abyss. Destiny has been decided in life.

Quit twisting Scripture.

Last edited by Marka; 03-26-2011 at 10:32 AM..

Old 03-25-2011, 09:44 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Mike's already covered that in post #188. No need to make the point twice.
Unfortunately what Mike claims is not what the scripture says. Mike also believes the entire universe is a setup so that God can prove Satan wrong over some angelic conflict (as if God needs to prove anything!). Do you believe that too?

It seems we are just going in circles here, I'll be off to bed soon.

You seemed to have given up on John 3:36 because it doesn't say what you wanted it to. You can go back and forth to other scriptures and they always point to the truth that everyone will come to Christ because that is what God wants to achieve - the salvation of all men through Christ.

This really comes down to the heart of what you want to believe. I and others have shown you a bit of why UR is the truth, you can choose to believe God fails and doesn't save most of humanity (and that's what He wants because He "allows" it) or you can try to understand and embrace the true good news that God can and will save all men.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
In the scriptures the meaning of hades carrys with it the meaning of a place below the surface - meaning under the surface. References to things under the surface are signs of a place that is the destiny for the dead.

The story of Lazarus and the Rich man is the story of the High Priest and Lazarus. This lazarus is the same Lazarus that Jesus raised from the dead. The chasm is simply the fact that Lazarus and Abraham can't cross because they have life whereas the Rich man is in death - the home of death is hades.
Hi trettep - that is a different interpretation on the parable of the rich man than the one I've usually read about. Do you have a link/article on it I can read?

Old 03-25-2011, 09:47 PM

251 posts, read 209,920 times
Quote:
For a person who does not believe, you are a self-proclaimed expert.
I just like to see how misinformed people are by the group they support.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:48 PM

20,456 posts, read 12,848,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Unfortunately what Mike claims is not what the scripture says. Mike also believes the entire universe is a setup so that God can prove Satan wrong over some angelic conflict. Do you believe that too?

It seems we are just going in circles here, I'll be off to bed soon.

You seemed to have given up on John 3:36 because it doesn't say what you wanted it to. You can go back and forth to other scriptures and they always point to the truth that everyone will come to Christ because that is what God wants to achieve - the salvation of all men through Christ.

This really comes down to the heart of what you want to believe. I and others have shown you a bit of why UR is the truth, you can choose to believe God fails and doesn't save most of humanity (and that's what He wants because He "allows" it) or you can try to understand and embrace the true good news that God can and will save all men.
To the contrary! You have to twist this Scripture because it destroys UR. In fact, the whole chapter does.

It's late. I'm going to bed also.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I know, but you don't.
I know enough of what you do.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
To the contrary! You have to twist this Scripture because it destroys UR. In fact, the whole chapter does.

The fact is John 3:36 says nothing about believing "in this life only" or any time for that matter. You are the one adding to this scripture my friend.

G'night.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:52 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,048,779 times
Quote:
No.

It is permanent and impassable. There is no bridging over the abyss. Destiny has been decided in life.

Quit twisting Scripture.
Hi Jimmiej. I'm not twisting scripture but giving you what I know about it.

But I agree with you it is permanent and impassable so long as one remains in the state the rich man was in. But obviously the rich man's tongue is what needs the cooling. This is a sure sign that the punishment the richman is facing is CORRECTIVE in nature.

Jas 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

You see the meaning here is that the Rich man by his words and instructions caused a great many to stumble and therefore requires many to be purged of their wickedness as a result just as the rich man shall have.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:56 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,048,779 times
Quote:

Good night Jimmiej. No UR doesn't destroy the scriptures. You have to remember most of us URs are formerly ETers or Annihilationists (In my case I was formerly both). Many of us have made the same arguments and blasts against URs before. So that side of the coin is familiar territory for us. But the side we are on now is one in which most that become URs don't return back to being ETers or Annilationists. We simply have matured by the will and purpose of God. Think about that. Why is it? Is it a phennomenon? Why is it that some many of URs have been the opposite but not ETers?

Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Good night Jimmiej. No UR doesn't destroy the scriptures. You have to remember most of us URs are formerly ETers or Annihilationists (In my case I was formerly both). Many of us have made the same arguments and blasts against URs before. So that side of the coin is familiar territory for us. But the side we are on now is one in which most that become URs don't return back to being ETers or Annilationists. We simply have matured by the will and purpose of God. Think about that. Why is it? Is it a phennomenon? Why is it that some many of URs have been the opposite but not ETers?
"We simply have matured by the will and purpose of God."
Somehow that is hard to beleive unless you are referring to the God of this world.
But that seems to be the obvious answer.
Cover up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity