Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 10:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,826,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You realize Romans 10:9-10 doesn't help your case?

Romans 10
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Look at who ultimately confesses:
Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Guess what that just said? Everyone will be saved because everyone will confess.
LOL Romans 10 talks about living people while Romans 14:10-11 refers to judgment of the dead: For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’”

Yes, at that point even the most hardened sinners will realize their error, and much in like in court of law where the accused will stand to honor the judge anmd hear the sentence, everyone will knee in front of God's judgment seat. It will be too late to save anyone though.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-26-2011 at 10:55 AM..

Old 03-26-2011, 11:47 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,787,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
LOL Romans 10 talks about living people while Romans 14:10-11 refers to judgment of the dead: For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’”

Yes, at that point even the most hardened sinners will realize their error, and much in like in court of law where the accused will stand to honor the judge anmd hear the sentence, everyone will knee in front of God's judgment seat. It will be too late to save anyone though.
Revelation 5:13
Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever(to the ages of ages)!"

The scriptures put the lie to your false doctrines of eternal violence and hate ...

All creation will sing praises to God and glorify his name ... All will worship him in a sure knowledge that he has saved them, though many like you and Mike will be terribly ashamed as you are brought low because of your false religion and worship of the doctrines of the mystery Babylon, forever remembering that you misrepresented God and blasphemed his name in the name of that false religion ...

Old 03-26-2011, 12:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,476,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The scriptures put the lie to your false doctrines of eternal violence and hate ...
"Bow to me and/or I will torture you!"

Quote:
All creation will sing praises to God and glorify his name ... All will worship him in a sure knowledge that he has saved them, though many like you and Mike will be terribly ashamed as you are brought low because of your false religion and worship of the doctrines of the mystery Babylon, forever remembering that you misrepresented God and blasphemed his name in the name of that false religion ...

Old 03-26-2011, 12:54 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,826,985 times
Quote:
Revelation 5:13
Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever(to the ages of ages)!"

The scriptures put the lie to your false doctrines of eternal violence and hate ......
Violence and hate? Yes, violence and hate will indeed erupt only a few verses after Rev 5:13 which you quoted. In Revelatrion 6 the Lord cracks open the seals and the four horsemen are released, and that is just the beginning. Billions will die. The "all creation" refers to the souls of dead believers in heaven and around the throne. Did you really think cows and bulls on earth will moo praise to God?

Old 03-26-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Billions will die.
But, surely YOU will not die?"

Old 03-26-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"Bow to me and/or I will torture you!"

You may think it is funny now, but one day you will truly rue the day you taught these things, and the longer it takes the worse it will be.

I am ashamed already of the fact that i once believed and taught such reprehensible filth ...

Old 03-26-2011, 01:48 PM

698 posts, read 650,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
In post #141 I told you about common and efficacious grace and how they relate to a person being able to respond to the gospel. I also posted some studies on them. Instead of availing yourself of those studies and gaining understanding of what you are attempting to talk about from a position of ignorance, you come back and attempt to tell me how wrong I am.

I suggest you go back and study the material I gave you and learn something.
Quote:
Rom 3:11 "there is NONE who seeks after God."
John 6:44 "no one CAN come to Me UNLESS the Father who sent Me DRAWS him."
John 15:16 "YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME, BUT I CHOSE YOU."
The above scripture seems straight forward.

Mike, one cannot just wake up and decide to accept “god”, for we cannot come to “god”, he must "draw" us. Again the “bible” says that no one seeks after “god”; the natural mind cannot even understand the things of “god”. So how, pray tell, can a natural man who doesn’t have the ears to hear the "gospel" yet along accept it?

Old 03-26-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Violence and hate? Yes, violence and hate will indeed erupt only a few verses after Rev 5:13 which you quoted. In Revelatrion 6 the Lord cracks open the seals and the four horsemen are released, and that is just the beginning. Billions will die. The "all creation" refers to the souls of dead believers in heaven and around the throne. Did you really think cows and bulls on earth will moo praise to God?
Everybody dies ...

Do you really believe that a mule spoke to Balaam?

The rocks themselves would sing aloud the glory and praises of Christ our lord if all other things held their peace, oh ye of little faith ...

You may make a mockery and a joke out of the glory of God and his purpose to accomplish everything that he desires, but God isn't mocked ...

It is unfortunate for you that you are so brainwashed with the false teachings of the traditions of men that you are unable to even recognize that revelations is not a letter of prophecy which is written in chronological order, but one day the veil of ignorance will be removed from your eyes when you are finally made ashamed of your false religion ...

Old 03-26-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:

You may think it is funny now, but one day you will truly rue the day you taught these things, and the longer it takes the worse it will be.

I am ashamed already of the fact that i once believed and taught such reprehensible filth ...
I teach these things?
Or is that a generalized statement in reference to the cows and bull of FJ?

Was the smiley the defining point of separation?

Old 03-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I teach these things?
Or is that a generalized statement in reference to the cows and bull of FJ?

Was the smiley the defining point of separation?
I was referring to the the fundamentalist teaching that God will fail to accomplish his desire, and that most humans will be damned forever, or eternally tortured, or tortured and then murdered.

The smile was just an expression of my personal conviction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity