Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 04:12 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,384,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Romans 3:10-11 says that no one seeks God [of his own initiative]. But God takes the initiative. John 16:8-11 says the Holy Spirit convicts the world of the sin of unbelief, of righteousness, and of judgment. And the world mentioned in John 16:8 is the same world mentioned in John 3:16. ''For God so loved the world that He gave His uniquely born Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish but have eternal life.'

Romans 1:18-21 says that nature - natural revelation is a witness to everyone that God exists. Many suppress the truth of God and therefore they might receive no further light. But those who welcome the truth of natural revelation and seek God with the light they have will receive more light and more information from God through the gospel message. The Scriptures indicate that God is drawing all people. Romans 3:10-11 says only that man on his own initiative - left to himself - will not seek God. But since God seeks man, man is free to respond to God's call.

Go back and read what I said in post #227 about common and efficacious grace in relation to the gospel. God calls through the gospel and the Holy Spirit makes it understandable to man so that man can choose. This is clear as can be. God calls though the gospel. He extends the invitation to receive the gift of eternal life, to which man can say 'yes' or 'no.'

Here. I've copied what I said in that post. 'At gospel hearing the Holy Spirit in His ministry of common grace makes the gospel message understandable to the unbeliever. He convicts the unbeliever of the sin of unbelief, of righteousness and of judgement (John 16:8-11). The unbeliever is therefore able to understand the issue and make a decision for or against Christ. If the gospel hearer is persuaded by what he has heard, that Jesus is who He claims He is, and assuming the one hearing the gospel doesn't suppress the truth and wants to enter into an eternal relationship with Christ, he will accept Him as Savior. At that point, God the Holy Spirit will in His ministry of efficacious grace, take the non-meritorious faith of the one believing and carry it to the point of salvation. He will make the faith effective for salvation.

God has revealed Himself through creation in a general way, and through the gospel in a specific way. God makes it possible to respond to the gospel. Whether or not a person does is his personal choice.'
Hi Mike,
2 questions:

-How many people do you know personally who have had an experience with Jesus similar to what Saul experienced on the road to Damascus?

-Was there a time in your life in which you asked God to forgive you of your sins?

Awaiting your faithful reply..

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-29-2011, 11:25 AM

251 posts, read 209,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
" Accept My love or die in your hate"
RobinD69
befriend Join Date: Dec 2008
3,420 posts, read 1,419,625 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade
"Bow to me and/or I will torture you!"

" Accept My love or die in your hate"
Now these quotes tell the real story!
It shows the 2 spirits of God.

Reference in the Bible to the number of spirits that is Of God
have contradictions because numbers is not the answer.

There is only 2 different spirits of God.
Good and Evil.
Everything else is derivatives or manifestations of Good or Evil.

Derivative -- from Wolfram MathWorld
"The derivative of a function represents an infinitesimal change in the function with respect to one of its variables."

LovE and EvoL
LivE and EviL
LofE and EfoL
Life and EfiL
Loved and DefoL

LiveD and DeviL
It should be obvious that a spirit that and/or
will torture you if you bow to it is Evil or EvoL because it
certainly is not LovE.
And if a person does bow to this spirit that
they are punishing themselves for something
they did or was involved in.
And those that teach people that they must bow to
a spirit are the workers of that spirit.
In the Bible those workers would be refered to as Demons or Demonic.
And the teachings of those workers really appeal
to the Sadistic and Masochistic.
Sadistic does not have to be sexual it is a
gratification from inflicting pain or emotional abuse on others.
Masochistic does not have to be sexual it is a
perversion characterized by pleasure in being subjected to pain or humiliation especially by a love object.
When Jesus sent his disciples out into public to cast out demons.
Do you think of it as a paranormal event?
Did the disciples even know they were using psychology?
If you think of it as a paranormal event then the occult is what you prefer.
Occult means "knowledge of the hidden".
Does your church and it's workers fall under any of the other meanings of the occult?
Occult | Define Occult at Dictionary.com
No doubt Jesus and Satan has that knowledge.
We have all seen this before.
" system claiming use or knowledge of secret or supernatural powers or agencies."
We have seen people make beleive they had this knowledge.

"beyond the range of ordinary knowledge or understanding; mysterious."
We have seen people and churches portray this.
"the supernatural or supernatural agencies and affairs considered as a whole"
We have seen and heard of Bible studies based in this.
"occult (supernatural) studies or sciences"
We have known this to happen.
"to block or shut off (an object) from view; hide."
We know this to be common Bible teachings.
"(used without object) to become hidden or shut off from view."
We recognize these Synonyms.

2. metaphysical, supernatural. 3. concealed, unrevealed; veiled, shrouded; mystical, cabalistic.
Historic use of the word occult;
"1530s, "secret, not divulged," from L. occultus "hidden, concealed, secret," pp. of occulere "cover over, conceal," from ob "over" + a verb related to celare "to hide," from PIE base *kel- (see cell). Meaning "not apprehended by the mind, beyond the range of understanding" is from 1540s.
We also know this is when the Bible was parsed into chapter and verse numbers combined with additions and subtractions of verses.
http://www.scripturessay.com/article.php?cat=&id=383 (broken link)
"The present verses differ in origin for the Old Testament and the New Testament. The earliest printed Hebrew Bibles marked each fifth verse only with a Hebrew numeral. Arabic numerals were first added for the intervening verses by Joseph Athias in 1661 A.D. The first portion of the Bible printed with the Masoretic verses numbered was published in 1509 A.D. In 1528 A.D. a new Latin version of the whole Bible with the Masoretic verses marked and numbered was published. The verses in this Bible were three or four times as long as the verses in our present Bibles."
Take note of the years 1528 and 1530's.
And consider that words become diction after it has common usage.
The question would remain.
What is to be kept hidden?
We also know it is nothing new for people to groom the words of the Bible to appeal to certain religions.
"Translations of the Hebrew Bible into various languages, began to appear about that time. In 1422 Rabbi Moses Arragel translated the Scriptures from the Hebrew into Spanish, for the Christian Church and with the assistance of Franciscan scholars, and it is upon that version that the Ferrara Bible, printed in 1553, was based. This famous Spanish Bible was intended to serve the needs of both Jews and Christians. Certain deviations were made in the copies intended for Christian readers. For example, where the copies intended for Jews read 'young woman,' the copies set aside for Christian use put 'virgin.'"
Which brings us back to the beginning of this post.
God has only 2 Spirits.
Good and Evil.
And is hidden (occult) for a reason.
THEY can try and hide it but THEY cannot fool GOD!
Or those that know about GOD.
May God bless you with Goodness.
And I do mean goodness all to many seek godliness.
And that is only meant for GOD.

Last edited by KellyJSmith; 03-29-2011 at 12:04 PM..

Old 03-29-2011, 12:31 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,355,572 times
I think false doctrines are so widespread because the heathen is raging. His time is short and humanity is looking for away to be self justified. It is certainly more comforting to believe there is no eternal consequence for the way u live ur life here on earth than to think u may have to give an account... I mean we r living in times when every man seems to do what is right in his own eyes no matter where he stands... especially in the Church, and among Christian sympathizers (these r folk who say they Christians, but there's no evidence of it in how they live). I don't know if all mankind will be saved, but I do know all mankind is not going to be saved without the Salvation of Jesus Christ. And if HE really is your Lord then your life will reflect it. U won't go about living like an alley cat and claiming heaven is where u r going to spend an eternity.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:32 PM

251 posts, read 209,935 times
I do not know where I am going.
Though I think I do.
My God is Just and I will go to where I deserve to go.
Not by arrogance like the religious display.
But thru the obedience of my God.
Not a God that someone else told me did something.
And that is where people get trapped.
The bible has aspects that appeal to differing religions.
And it is nothing less than a way to convert someone into a bible religion.
At one time it was by the sword and people had to find something to hold onto their old religion.
Kings liked the bible because it assisted them in maintaining power and control.Which is the same reason many like the bible today.
God is not fooled.
I am not fooled.
Neither is many who use the bible for selfish means.
Their God is the selfish jealous one in the bible.
And those are not attributes of Love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I think false doctrines are so widespread because the heathen is raging. His time is short and humanity is looking for away to be self justified. It is certainly more comforting to believe there is no eternal consequence for the way u live ur life here on earth than to think u may have to give an account... I mean we r living in times when every man seems to do what is right in his own eyes no matter where he stands... especially in the Church, and among Christian sympathizers (these r folk who say they Christians, but there's no evidence of it in how they live). I don't know if all mankind will be saved, but I do know all mankind is not going to be saved without the Salvation of Jesus Christ. And if HE really is your Lord then your life will reflect it. U won't go about living like an alley cat and claiming heaven is where u r going to spend an eternity.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
I do not know where I am going.
Though I think I do.
My God is Just and I will go to where I deserve to go.
Not by arrogance like the religious display.
But thru the obedience of my God.
Not a God that someone else told me did something.
And that is where people get trapped.
The bible has aspects that appeal to differing religions.
And it is nothing less than a way to convert someone into a bible religion.
At one time it was by the sword and people had to find something to hold onto their old religion.
Kings liked the bible because it assisted them in maintaining power and control.Which is the same reason many like the bible today.
God is not fooled.
I am not fooled.
Neither is many who use the bible for selfish means.
Their God is the selfish jealous one in the bible.
And those are not attributes of Love.
Wow.. some serious statements there!

I like how you put justice back into God's hands. Let Him do the work, we do the trusting!
Praise God!

Blessings Kelly!
brian

Old 03-30-2011, 06:48 PM

445 posts, read 1,072,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jesus is "the saviour", means there are no other saviours. You cannot choose to have another saviour, since there are no other saviours, hence the title "the saviour". It does not mean He will force everyone into salvation. You can say "I reject Obama's policy and I will never vote for him". However, that does not change the fact that he is the president of all Americans.

You are free to accept, or reject "The Saviour", Jesus Christ.
Well said!!!

Old 03-30-2011, 07:52 PM

14,921 posts, read 17,256,500 times
I believe that eventually Jesus will subject all to Himself, whereas Pres. Obama will not. No one will reject Jesus forever, because He has been made heir of all, meaning that all belong to Him. One day every knee will bow to Him in adoration and every tongue will confess and acknowledge Him as Lord, to the glory of God the Father. It was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself through Jesus having made peace through the blood of His cross and all are to be reunited in Christ. I believe that all who reject Jesus are blinded and held captive but will one day see the light and be set free. God bless.
(Ref. Romans 14, Colossians 1, Ephesians 1, Hebrews 1 )

Old 03-30-2011, 11:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,450,100 times
A question for those who carry the virus of dehumanization:

"How exactly does it happen that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices of; truth over untruth,
reason over irrationality, justice over injustice, morality over sin, and love over hate, manage to justify (in their own eyes) the most inhuman atrocities and acts of self-righteousness without running
into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?"

Nothing compares to double standards; hypocrites, wolves in lambskin, and the elitists of good and evil.

"He who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted?"

Last edited by Jerwade; 03-30-2011 at 11:34 PM..

Old 03-31-2011, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A question for those who carry the virus of dehumanization:

"How exactly does it happen that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices of; truth over untruth,
reason over irrationality, justice over injustice, morality over sin, and love over hate, manage to justify (in their own eyes) the most inhuman atrocities and acts of self-righteousness without running
into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?"

Nothing compares to double standards; hypocrites, wolves in lambskin, and the elitists of good and evil.

"He who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted?"

Good question Jerwade!!

If God sends confusion and deception and a spirit of slumber upon man, there is nothing man can do about it. God is the One who controls us, not vice versa.

Blessings!
brian

Old 03-31-2011, 12:39 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,882,022 times
Default It's not really that complicated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jesus is "the saviour", means there are no other saviours. You cannot choose to have another saviour, since there are no other saviours, hence the title "the saviour". It does not mean He will force everyone into salvation. You can say "I reject Obama's policy and I will never vote for him". However, that does not change the fact that he is the president of all Americans.

You are free to accept, or reject "The Saviour", Jesus Christ.
Your post is entirely scriptural and the foundation of the entire New Testament and the Gospel of Jesus Christ! It's difficult to understand why these glaring fundamentals are so difficult for some to see.... particularly when the stakes are eternal life! (not just some theological nit). Nobody can afford to be wrong about this!

Perhaps, as with many things, folks choose what they are willing to accept or believe ... and then simply block-out all evidence to the contrary(?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity