Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 06:59 PM

63,857 posts, read 40,142,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I have no special status because of my beliefs.
Then how exactly do you KNOW you are one of the elect or special chosen ones of God and not one of the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 07:01 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,022,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We have access to the water now. Christ says He will give it without cost to those who want it. Those who reject it, have no eternal life.
Well how nice - something I agree with Finn about. If you haven't drank the Water of Life that Christ gives, you will remain thirsty. But it is offered freely, eternally. Everyone is welcome to drink of the Water of Life freely.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
I have no special status because of my beliefs. You know, Satan believes, and trembles.
Yes, Satan believes and trembles. Similar to a lot of Christians I have met.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
NO, no , no , we do have access to the water now and Christ gives it without any cost. Those who reject it have a chance to accept it in the next life, whether you like that or not. You can't prove otherwise.
Not only are you correct about that, Ilene, but the truly sad thing is that there are very MANY Christians who deep down actually desire to WITHHOLD that Water of Life from others and they do so by their words and their lack of true faith. (Suppressing the truth in unbelief) Amazing how people are deceived into doing this, and sad. They would not do it except that they are deceived.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:30 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,586,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Then how exactly do you KNOW you are one of the elect or special chosen ones of God and not one of the others.
There are many reasons for my blessed assurance.

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine, oh what a foretaste of glory devine.
This is my story this is my song, praising my Saviour all the day long.

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a WRETCH like me.
I once was lost but now I'm found, twas blind but now I see.

Twas grace that taught my heart to fear and grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that grace appear, the hour I first believed.

Through many trials toils and cares I have already come, twas grace that brought me safe this far and grace will lead me home.

There is power, power, wonder working power, in the blood in the blood.
There is power in the precious blood of the Lamb.

Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb? Are you trusting in Jesus for everything.
Do you feel this way about God? Nothing in my hands I bring, only to your cross I cling.
Are you convicted daily of your sin and unworthness before a holy God? Do you trust that He forgives you for the sake of His Son?
Do you know that God loves you, will never forsake you and will finish the good work that He has started in you?

All of these things and thousands more give me an absolute assurance that Jesus is MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PTL, PTL, PTL.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:04 PM

63,857 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
There are many reasons for my blessed assurance.

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine, oh what a foretaste of glory devine.
This is my story this is my song, praising my Saviour all the day long.

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a WRETCH like me.
I once was lost but now I'm found, twas blind but now I see.

Twas grace that taught my heart to fear and grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that grace appear, the hour I first believed.

Through many trials toils and cares I have already come, twas grace that brought me safe this far and grace will lead me home.

There is power, power, wonder working power, in the blood in the blood.
There is power in the precious blood of the Lamb.

Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb? Are you trusting in Jesus for everything.
Do you feel this way about God? Nothing in my hands I bring, only to your cross I cling.
Are you convicted daily of your sin and unworthness before a holy God? Do you trust that He forgives you for the sake of His Son?
Do you know that God loves you, will never forsake you and will finish the good work that He has started in you?

All of these things and thousands more give me an absolute assurance that Jesus is MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PTL, PTL, PTL.
But those are your beliefs . . . which you said were not the reason for your special status???? No need to explain further lucknow . . . I know all I need to know now. Thank you, brother. In Christ's love, Mystic.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:24 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,439,311 times
Quote:
All of these things and thousands more give me an absolute assurance that Jesus is MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
It's the other way around. You are Jesus'.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:16 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,586,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But those are your beliefs . . . which you said were not the reason for your special status???? No need to explain further lucknow . . . I know all I need to know now. Thank you, brother. In Christ's love, Mystic.
They are not my beliefs. They are my life. There is a big difference between those two concepts. Belief is just an agreement on the reality of a set of facts or nonfacts as in the state of a mistaken belief.

My assurance of Salvation is far more based on Faith than anything else. It's like this. Let's say you are trapped in a fire and there is this old rope there that you could slide down and save yourself from the fire. Now, there would be very few people that would not believe that sure enough, that's a rope. But that belief does them no good at all. They can believe that's a rope all they want and still die in the fire. In order to get saved they have to trust in that rope and then slide down the building using it. Many would die waiting for some other rescue that was not coming. That's the difference between belief and faith.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:24 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,713,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
It's the other way around. You are Jesus'.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
They are not my beliefs. They are my life. There is a big difference between those two concepts. Belief is just an agreement on the reality of a set of facts or nonfacts as in the state of a mistaken belief.

My assurance of Salvation is far more based on Faith than anything else. It's like this. Let's say you are trapped in a fire and there is this old rope there that you could slide down and save yourself from the fire. Now, there would be very few people that would not believe that sure enough, that's a rope. But that belief does them no good at all. They can believe that's a rope all they want and still die in the fire. In order to get saved they have to trust in that rope and then slide down the building using it. Many would die waiting for some other rescue that was not coming. That's the difference between belief and faith.
In short, YOU are your own savior. That's really what you're saying. It's up to you to save yourself. Funny how those who believe they are their own saviors spend so much time telling people that Jesus is not actually the one who saves. I know they don't realize that that is what they are saying - but essentially, that's what it boils down to. It is the kindness of God that leads to repentance - not the fear of death. The fear of God may be the beginning of wisdom, but it is not the end of wisdom. Seeing God's love is what produces true faith.

Heartsong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity