Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 10:16 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
You can't take Luke 17:20 without including how one receives the Kingdom. And those verses have been shared with you multiple times. Agnostics, such as yourself, do NOT have the Kingdom of God within them. Only those who believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God the Father died on the cross and rose again...paid the penalty for their own sins will be given the Kingdom...are you saying you DO believe that?
Alrighty then...I think I'll stick with Jesus instructions. I've actually followed them and found the truth of what he taught for myself and don't need anyone to validate the path I've taken and what I have already obtained...which seems to elude most "Christians".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 10:25 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I think the point is that whatever stick you measure Christy with is really what you are measured by... And what measuring stick Christy is using on you will be her stick to be judged by. I'd say Christy is getting the smaller judgement.
Yet you who judge others so harshly will be harshly judged.

At least that's what the bible says...
But most will relabel it "righteous" judgment and so the reaping and sowing aspect won't apply to them.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:27 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Alrighty then...I think I'll stick with Jesus instructions. I've actually followed them and found the truth of what he taught for myself and don't need anyone to validate the path I've taken and what I have already obtained...which seems to elude most "Christians".
You didn't answer my question, Christy. Do you believe Jesus' Biblical instructions concerning how one receives the Kingdom of God within? There is no other way to receive the Kingdom than by what God instructed in the written Word. Are you agnostic or Christian? There is only ONE Jesus, the CHRIST Jesus, the Annointed One. Or are you following another Jesus?

Old 11-17-2011, 10:33 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Can we please return to the OP??

I'd like honest answers, no hiding or smokescreens.

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-17-2011, 10:40 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
WHY??? Did you know that David saw it as a good thing?

Blessings,
brian
Bacause God hates sin. Those apart from Christ are still infected by sin.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:41 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Also because, in this very moment, I'm noting how mere human beings are capable of judging and condemning each other real well.

So if it's true that God is also going to judge and condemn people (heaven help us!), then IS His judgment and condemnation any different that what we humans do to each other??

My personal belief is that it IS different, because it is something that David longed for, and that Isaiah understood would bring righteousness to man.

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-17-2011, 10:42 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,089 times
Brian,

Ask God for the purpose of His Judgment. Asking here will only get you man's opinion. Right? Or is that what you want, only man's opinion? God's opinion is the only one that will ultimately matter in the end. Right?

Old 11-17-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
So you are not someone who believes in "justification by faith alone".
Yes, I do believe in salvation by faith alone. I thought that was clear by the passage I quoted.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:46 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Moderator cut: infractions warning

Guys I have deleted many many posts in this thread due attacks, insults, off topic sidebars, rudeness to each other,attempts to override moderation and etc..Please either answer, discuss, debate the op only , or move on..

Thank you!

This is the op.

What's the PURPOSE of "Judgment?"
Hi everyone,

Well, for people like me, the idea of "Judgement Day" is a good thing, because the Bible tells us that that is how God teaches man righteousness. Isaiah says it like this:
"With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early : for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness."
He is "the confidence of all the ends of the earth." (Ps. 65.5) It is a completely positive thing, and nothing to be afraid of, because God loves us all (both sinner and saint).

So what does Judgment mean to you? Do you see it as God's day to "show his muscles?" Is it a match of "I'm right and you're wrong?" Is it so God can show how great He is, and how wrong man is? Is that consistent with "love" as described in 1 Cor. 13??

What do you see "Judgement" as?

"Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good." Ps. 119.39

Old 11-17-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi Theophane,

I am very familiar with the sheep/goats verses. They are a "parable" that Jesus used to keep the people in spiritual darkness. However, it may be good to remember that both sheep and goats were considered "clean" animals in the OT. In fact, even a goat could be used for the passover, not only lambs.

Back to my OP, though, it's still not very clear what Judgment is all about. Many people seem so afraid of it; but if we are believing, shouldn't we be like David, who considered judgment a good thing??

Blessings,
brian
Here's what Jesus says to the goats:

‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity