Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 11:05 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,704,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Moderator cut: orphanedSinners store-up wrath for the day of judgment when they face the wrath of God.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
I believe it is the time when we get judged by whether we are 'Saved' or not.

Those who are 'Saved', or 'in CHRIST' will go through, while all others will be judged by JESUS, HIMSELF. Then, HE will decide what to do with them...

But, thats my personal beliefs...

I wish you well...

Jesse
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
God's fair and just punishment on the Last Day, Judgment Day, will be no different than how a judge sentences an offender in the Court of Law.

The worst of the worst criminal (such as how God will sentence unrepentant, repeat sinners) is given the death penalty sentence.

God, the Supreme law-giver, will issue his final just punishment to those who did not Love and Obey Him above all-else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Punishment

Our works will be judged, as opposed to our salvation.

1 Cor. 3

10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man’s work. 14 If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 15 If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.
Quote:
People keep trying but you are not listening, or not understanding.

Read your post #2. That is an example of carnal judgment, where you judge Christians as people "who don't have a clue". Jesus said HE IS NOT GUILTY of that kind of judgment. Why? Because carnal judgment is a sin in God's eyes. It is not about right or wrong, it is about critisizing and tearing down your brothers and sisters, and elevating yourself over them.
Jesus was not guilty of it. Do you understand this? A judge in a court of law does not critisize you, or tear you down, he/she judges you according to the law, and that is what Jesus will do. Do you see the difference?

On judgment day Jesus will judge sinners for the sins they have stored up during their lives, and He will sent the rigteous to eternal life and unrighteous to eternal torment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
To separate the sheep from the goats, or the wheat from the chaff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
judgement is an essential divine quality called principle. without it we crash into the divider on the freeway.
Quote:
Bacause God hates sin. Those apart from Christ are still infected by sin.
Quote:
Here's what Jesus says to the goats:

‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Amen... to all the above !!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-17-2011 at 12:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 11:18 AM

11,762 posts, read 14,669,155 times
Quote:
Yes, I do believe in salvation by faith alone. I thought that was clear by the passage I quoted.
No, that is entirely inconsistent with your statement that:

Quote:

Old 11-17-2011, 11:38 AM

20,443 posts, read 12,807,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
No, that is entirely inconsistent with your statement that:
Quote:

No it isn't.

1 Cor. 3

10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man’s work. 14 If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 15 If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

Verse 12 is the foundation-Jesus Christ (salvation by faith alone). The remainder (vv.12-15) details how a man's works will be judged (for rewards purposes), but his salvation will not be lost (v. 15).

Old 11-17-2011, 12:45 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,374,102 times
Quote:
Here's what Jesus says to the goats:

‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
It's a parable. It was used to keep people in the dark.

And, it doesn't answer the OP..

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-17-2011, 12:51 PM

Due to the lack of clear, straight-forward and honest answers, the only conclusion I can come to, is that many people here have no idea what "Judgment Day" is all about.

Sure, it's easy to throw out a Bible verse, or say things like, "the unbelieving and unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God!!!!!"

But those answers didn't answer my OP.

As for me, and the little knowledge I have about the here-after, I am convinced that any "judgment" we will or might face, will be only to advance the Love and Glory of God, for the benefit of every soul He has created for Himself.

For what it's worth, we can consider this thread closed.

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-17-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
LOL. It doesnt' get any clearer. Just because you don't like the answers doesn't mean they are not clear.
I don't find anything funny about it at all.

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-17-2011, 01:04 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Default What's the PURPOSE of "Judgment?"

For the Jehovan ET'ers and AN'ers: Vengeance and punishment.
For the Christian UR's: Correction and refinement.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:15 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,123,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Jesus spoke to the people only in parables, so that "hearing they would not hear." Intentional hiding of spiritual secrets. Probably for their own good!

Blessings,
brian
That sounds more like UR apology than it does Jesus Christ.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:27 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,538,246 times
There are 2 judgements to be made: good vs bad. In it's simplest form that's what it comes down to. My idea of "judgement day" is god showing clips of your judgement of others and showing you the hypocrisy, then he pats you on the head and says... Go apply what you learned. I had just such a day this week.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:49 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,807,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
It's a parable. It was used to keep people in the dark.

And, it doesn't answer the OP..

Blessings,
brian
No, it isn't. Read it closer.

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

That's a real event Jesus is talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity