Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 08:20 AM

20,443 posts, read 12,809,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

What do you see "Judgement" as?

Punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Let me try asking what may be the same question another way.

Many protestant denominations believe in "justification by faith alone", or, in other words, that the only question about whether you go to heaven is whether you had faith during your life.

Whether you believe in god is actually a pretty easy question, so if you belong to one of these denominations, what would be judged on judgment day?
Our works will be judged, as opposed to our salvation.

1 Cor. 3

10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man’s work. 14 If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 15 If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
I studied the differences you claim to exist between judgment and judgmentalism (which I couldn't find), and you say I'm "pretending??"
Really? You cannot understand that Jesus was saying he was not guilty of carnal judgment which people practice, where one person is judgmental towards another? You cannot understand the difference between that and Lord's judgment on judgment day? Yes I think you are pretending, but if you are not, I will give you time to think about it.

Is this simple enough?

Unrighteous will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

10,295 posts, read 9,704,417 times
Quote:
Paul wrote that he had "the mind of Christ."Moderator cut: orphaned
My OP is so simple, and yet no one can answer it!! No wonder people don't believe the preachers!!

Any others willing to answer here??

Blessings,
brian
The word is the 'mind of Christ,' do you doubt His word or just don't like to hear it ??? .....
You know it's very simple, if Christ is in you, one will not want anything but the word of truth and too listen to the truth of God's word, which is by the way, again, 'the mind of Christ.' To teach, lead, protect, believe all things of God !!
Also one will know to discern good from evil, truth from false, and not fall into the judgment of God..... amen !!!

Oh, by the way, I totally believe Paul agrees with 2 Peter 2;3 !!!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 11-17-2011 at 09:32 AM..

Old 11-17-2011, 08:31 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,374,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
God's fair and just punishment on the Last Day, Judgment Day, will be no different than how a judge sentences an offender in the Court of Law.

The worst of the worst criminal (such as how God will sentence unrepentant, repeat sinners) is given the death penalty sentence.

God, the Supreme law-giver, will issue his final just punishment to those who did not Love and Obey Him above all-else.
So you're saying that there will be a tribunal room with lawyers, a judge and witnesses? Will the guilty be able to talk? What if they apologize for not believing?

You also say that God is going to punish those who don't love and obey Him. (I also punish my wife when she doesn't obey me, but that's for another thread..) -joking!

I always thought that love and cooperation ("obedience") were things that had to be spontaneously offered. What if a person just doesn't feel love for God in his/her heart? Should he/she lie to God just to make Him happy?

Also, how can anyone receive genuine love by threating punishment?

Awaiting your response..

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-17-2011, 08:34 AM

Default What do you see judgment as?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Punishment

WHY??? Did you know that David saw it as a good thing?

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-17-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Really? You cannot understand that Jesus was saying he was not guilty of carnal judgment which people practice, where one person is judgmental towards another? You cannot understand the difference between that and Lord's judgment on judgment day? Yes I think you are pretending, but if you are not, I will give you time to think about it.

Is this simple enough?

Unrighteous will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.
How is the underlined part ^^^ any different from judgment at judgment day?

I honestly can't see the difference, Finn. Both situations appear (to me) to be the same thing--- passing judgment on other people's behavior as right or wrong.

Care to add?

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-17-2011, 08:38 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,219,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
New age speak.

As with any law, you need a law-giver.

Reaping and sowing...
For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. (Gal. 6:8)
Sowing to Flesh = Negative effects

Sowing to Spirit = Positive effects

Just because something is worded a little differently and you don't understand or can't comprehend the meaning doesn't mean it is NEW AGE. You religionists call EVERYTHING you don't understand NEW AGE.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
The word is the 'mind of Christ,' do you doubt His word or just don't like to hear it ??? .....
You know it's very simple, if Christ is in you, one will not want anything but the word of truth and too listen to the truth of God's word, which is by the way, again, 'the mind of Christ.' To teach, lead, protect, believe all things of God !!
Also one will know to discern good from evil, truth from false, and not fall into the judgment of God..... amen !!!

Oh, by the way, I totally believe Paul agrees with 2 Peter 2;3 !!!
Moderator cut: orphaned
CM,
for all your efforts, you still haven't answered my OP..

Blessings,
brian

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-17-2011 at 09:17 AM..

Old 11-17-2011, 08:41 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,219,073 times
Quote:
Yes, your question is actually a part of what I (am trying to) ask.

People here talk all day about judgement this and judgment that, but when you ask them a practical question they can't answer!

(Actually, I knew it would happen, but I hoped that people would have better answers than the ones I imagined.)

Blessings,
brian
You didn't like my answer????

Old 11-17-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Sowing to Flesh = Negative effects

Sowing to Spirit = Positive effects

Just because something is worded a little differently and you don't understand or can't comprehend the meaning doesn't mean it is NEW AGE. You religionists call EVERYTHING you don't understand NEW AGE.
Did you know that Jesus was considered a "new-ager" by the Pharisees? They thought He had a demon, and was the leader of demons, and a sinner, and a deceiver. You can't get much worse than that..!

So Jesus was very much derided and considered "heretical" by the religious. -Would it be any different today??

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity