Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 06:54 AM

9,917 posts, read 1,293,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Okay thanks Trettep. I thought it was the verse you meant, but I wanted to double check.

First off, thank you for always being respectful. I so appreciate that.

Ok, here's another way of looking at this verse. If you believe that all men inherit sin, then you would also have to believe that all men inherit righteousness. That is what Universalists believe, and you and I both know that universalism is not taught in the Bible. The same logic must be applied to both parts of the verse.

Katie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 08:46 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,518,513 times
Quote:
Babies miss the mark, Adam missed the mark. There is no other means by which man can die but sin.
"The wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23

Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. Psalm 51:5

The word "sin" is in the singular. It is because the word "sin" is sometimes used for the condition from conception and "sins" is referencing the thoughs\ words\actions of the person.

As illustrated by this when Jesus says:
John 8:34
Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin."
The only reason death occures at any age, for any reason (explainable or not) is because of sin. Babies die because of wages that are earned.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:53 AM

28,134 posts, read 30,057,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The reason is very simple why I post it over and over ....... because it so happens that it's the truth.

Is it amazing ... I actually say what I mean when I claim that I believe what God revealed in the Bible is the truth.

Imagine that ... God who knows and searches every heart, he reveals that the wicked are that way soon as they are born........... and you chose not to believe it.
Twin.spin, I think I'm done talking to you about this particular topic. There's no reason for us to continue to debate it. Everything you post to me is either sarcastic or condescending. I'm just tired of it, so please feel free to have the last word...

Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
What was the reason for us receiving mortality then?
I believe mortality is a gift from God, an opportunity to learn, grow and progress. I believe that "Adam fell that men might be; men are that they might have joy."

Quote:
What did Adam do that made him mortal?
He disobeyed God, and God told him that if he did, he would "surely die." His act of disobedience put the entire plan of salvation into motion.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,423,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
..."Humanity tends to focus on the worst, rather than the best." (of other's; emphasis added mine) ....

Quoted from....https://www.city-data.com/forum/18767851-post8.html

So.... we are taught and should know as a Christian that.... the Lord Jesus, Himself, said, to look and treat our neighbor above, better then ourselves !! (Christ Atonement)

Funny or could say, ironic, how some come just to this forum ONLY to post and try too correct the beliefs, faith, thoughts, behavior, etc., of another... (Adams sin) (w/one liners of mans reasoning)....

YET, they so FORGET the very thing (sin) what they think they're correcting in "HUMANITY" ... is the very thing (sin) within themselves....
..... "Man cannot comprehend the existence of his errors, when to deeply immersed in them.".... !!

"As a man is, so he sees "
How nice, dramatic irony!

(This happens when a person responds, under their own false assumptions; and that of unconscious hypocrisy)

Last edited by Jerwade; 12-02-2011 at 01:20 PM..

Old 12-02-2011, 05:31 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,044,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Okay thanks Trettep. I thought it was the verse you meant, but I wanted to double check.

First off, thank you for always being respectful. I so appreciate that.

Ok, here's another way of looking at this verse. If you believe that all men inherit sin, then you would also have to believe that all men inherit righteousness. That is what Universalists believe, and you and I both know that universalism is not taught in the Bible. The same logic must be applied to both parts of the verse.

Katie
Katie, I am a universalist. I do believe that all inherit righteousness in due time. And I completely believe that universalism is taught in the Bible. So let me recap what I believe:

I believe that all have received Adam's condemnation and are sinners as a result of His offence.

I believe that God is in complete charge and that everything that God does is ultimately going to result in Good.

I believe that God gave us to experience EVIL in order to truley appreciate and seek out GOOD. Without the EVIL, Good has far less significance.

I believe that God desires for their to be evil at this time. I believe that man of himself cannot perform Good and if man performs that which is GOOD then that GOODness is copyright of Jesus Christ and therefore and good we do would be a Glory to Him.

So I believe that Christ had to be born of a virgin so as not to be under the same curse that comes with being born of the body of Adam.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I believe mortality is a gift from God, an opportunity to learn, grow and progress. I believe that "Adam fell that men might be; men are that they might have joy."

He disobeyed God, and God told him that if he did, he would "surely die." His act of disobedience put the entire plan of salvation into motion.
So if adams disobedience (which is sin) led to our mortality and you claim that is why babies die, then how is mortality any better than Adam's sin? Your just making a substitute.

That means if babies die it would still be because of Adam's sin and because that would make mortality a horrid thing.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
So if adams disobedience (which is sin) led to our mortality and you claim that is why babies die, then how is mortality any better than Adam's sin? Your just making a substitute.
First of all, I don't believe that disobedience is sinful if a person doesn't know the different between good and evil. Adam was in that position when he ate the forbidden fruit. He did disobey God, but it was only in eating the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil that he came to realize that disobeying God constitutes falls in the category of "evil."

Quote:
That means if babies die it would still be because of Adam's sin and because that would make mortality a horrid thing.
I'm sorry but I really didn't even understand the rest of your post. I can't comment on it because it just didn't make sense to me.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:48 PM

[quote=Katzpur;21956200]First of all, I don't believe that disobedience is sinful if a person doesn't know the different between good and evil. Adam was in that position when he ate the forbidden fruit. He did disobey God, but it was only in eating the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil that he came to realize that disobeying God constitutes falls in the category of "evil."

[quote]

So Adam didn't sin?

Old 12-02-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
So Adam didn't sin?
I'm sure he sinned many times. I wouldn't actually classify his initial act of disobedience as "sinful," though, for the reason I have already explained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity