Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 01:34 PM

63,947 posts, read 40,236,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Too bad Moses, Jeremiah, David, Solomon and Isaiah didn't have you and your immaculate understanding of your own heart to tell them what to write in the Bible. My faith is in the Holy Spirit not ancient ignorance "written in ink"

Did you read Saved33's post. Jeremiah 1:4Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “Now, I have put my words in your mouth.

Could it be that Jeremiah was right and you are wrong?
No . . . it couldn't. The OT writers were sincere but ignorant and superstitious. But as 2Cor 3:5 says . . . Not that I am sufficient of myself to think any thing as of myself; but my sufficiency is of God;

2 Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)

2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 01:58 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . it couldn't. The OT writers were sincere but ignorant and superstitious. But as 2Cor 3:5 says . . . Not that I am sufficient of myself to think any thing as of myself; but my sufficiency is of God;

3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
Glory!

Old 12-21-2011, 02:47 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:

It cracks me up every time I see you quote the Bible in an effort to prove that the Bible cannot be trusted.

Can you tell me one thing you found in your heart which is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, but cannot be found in the Bible.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
It cracks me up every time I see you quote the Bible in an effort to prove that the Bible cannot be trusted.
Get a clue, Finn . . . there is truth in the Bible because it contains inspirations from God. That does NOT MEAN that every word in it has been translated/transcribed/transliterated correctly or has been interpreted to be truth and inerrant!!!!
Quote:
Can you tell me one thing you found in your heart which is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, but cannot be found in the Bible.
I have told you repeatedly that the scriptures are USEFUL for "teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness." BUT . . . the true nature of God is misrepresented in the OT, period. The descriptions and depictions of God's motives and actions are WRONG . . . corrupted by our ancestors' ignorance and superstition.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Get a clue, Finn . . . there is truth in the Bible because it contains inspirations from God. That does NOT MEAN that every word in it has been translated/transcribed/transliterated correctly or has been interpreted to be truth and inerrant!!!!I have told you repeatedly that the scriptures are USEFUL for "teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness." BUT . . . the true nature of God is misrepresented in the OT, period. The descriptions and depictions of God's motives and actions are WRONG . . . corrupted by our ancestors' ignorance and superstition.
JW's have their book. Mormons have their book. Fundamentalist Christians have their book. Fundamentalist Muslims have their book..... and on and on it goes. I command you to Worship the book or BURN!

Old 12-21-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
JW's have their book. Mormons have their book. Fundamentalist Christians have their book. Fundamentalist Muslims have their book..... and on and on it goes. I command you to Worship the book or BURN!
Why do you quote the Bible if you can't trust it, and if it's just another book to you. I don't get universalists ans atheists quoting the Bible while trying to discredit it.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-21-2011 at 06:37 PM..

Old 12-21-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Why do you quote the Bible if you can't trust it, and if it's just another book to you. I don't get universalists ans atheists quoting the Bible while trying to discredit the it.
You don't get it because you do not read or comprehend the answers when they are given to you!! It has to be deliberate obtuseness given the number of times it has been explained to you and you still ask the same question. Usually we call that trolling.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
You don't get it because you do not read or comprehend the answers when they are given to you!! It has to be deliberate obtuseness given the number of times it has been explained to you and you still ask the same question. Usually we call that trolling.
You can call me stupid and a troll or whatever you want, as that is what you always do. When people compare the Bible to jws, mormons, muslims, etc other books and end it with "the list goes on", then obviously the Bible means very little to such person. And you already elevated yourself above Moses, Isaiah, David etc authors, while calling them ignorant, so that says a lot about how you view other people and how you view yourself. You quote the Bible when you see a verse which you find convenient and when it supports your bias, and when you see a verse which contradicts your bias, you discredit the author by calling him ignorant, savage etc. It's called cherry-picking, and universalists are the masters of that art.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Why do you quote the Bible if you can't trust it, and if it's just another book to you. I don't get universalists ans atheists quoting the Bible while trying to discredit it.
I've explained my views on the bible in other threads a number of times. Why do you pretend that I completely reject the bible? It's not true, and you know it's not true.

How do you explain the many different denominations that all claim to believe ALL the bible and still condemn one another to "eternal" hell. Why is that? You seem to have one main purpose here on this forum, and that is to fight tooth and nail to defend your beloved doctrine (of eternal torment for most of the world).

A few days ago in NYC, a man doused a woman with flammable liquid as she was getting on an elevator and burnt her to death as she screams in agony in flames. The crime shocked the people around (as it should), and yet you portray God as not only doing the same thing, but multiplied times billions and without end and without regret and you call that justice. I disagree with your sick religion. That's all.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Get a clue, Finn . . . there is truth in the Bible because it contains inspirations from God. That does NOT MEAN that every word in it has been translated/transcribed/transliterated correctly or has been interpreted to be truth and inerrant!!!!I have told you repeatedly that the scriptures are USEFUL for "teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness." BUT . . . the true nature of God is misrepresented in the OT, period. The descriptions and depictions of God's motives and actions are WRONG . . . corrupted by our ancestors' ignorance and superstition.
Quote:
You can call me stupid and a troll or whatever you want, as that is what you always do. When people compare the Bible to jws, mormons, muslims, etc other books and end it with "the list goes on", then obviously the Bible means very little to such person. And you already elevated yourself above Moses, Isaiah, David etc authors, while calling them ignorant, so that says a lot about how you view other people and how you view yourself. You quote the Bible when you see a verse which you find convenient and when it supports your bias, and when you see a verse which contradicts your bias, you discredit the author by calling him ignorant, savage etc. It's called cherry-picking, and universalists are the masters of that art.
I didn't call you stupid and you can prove you are not trolling by actually READING my post above that is just ONE of many that answered your question about why we use the Bible. It contains truth from God buried in ancient ignorance and superstition. If you still do not understand the answer after reading the above post and answer it point by point . . . you must be trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity