Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 05:43 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,373,634 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Well, for people like me, the idea of "Judgement Day" is a good thing, because the Bible tells us that that is how God teaches man righteousness. Isaiah says it like this:
"With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early : for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness."
He is "the confidence of all the ends of the earth." (Ps. 65.5) It is a completely positive thing, and nothing to be afraid of, because God loves us all (both sinner and saint).

So what does Judgment mean to you? Do you see it as God's day to "show his muscles?" Is it a match of "I'm right and you're wrong?" Is it so God can show how great He is, and how wrong man is? Is that consistent with "love" as described in 1 Cor. 13??

What do you see "Judgement" as?

"Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good." Ps. 119.39

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 06:11 AM

First off, I'd like to add my thought that it appears that most Christians have absolutely NO idea what will happen at "Judgement Day," some say that there is no such thing (ie. "now is the judgment"). There is much talk about God's judgment of man, but few have any real specific, concrete knowledge of what it is, what it's for, how it will happen, who will be involved, how long it will take....

In other words, lots of vague "nebulous knowledge" floating around out there...

Blessings!
brian

Old 11-17-2011, 06:31 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,217,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi everyone,

Well, for people like me, the idea of "Judgement Day" is a good thing, because the Bible tells us that that is how God teaches man righteousness. Isaiah says it like this:
"With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early : for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness."
He is "the confidence of all the ends of the earth." (Ps. 65.5) It is a completely positive thing, and nothing to be afraid of, because God loves us all (both sinner and saint).

So what does Judgment mean to you? Do you see it as God's day to "show his muscles?" Is it a match of "I'm right and you're wrong?" Is it so God can show how great He is, and how wrong man is? Is that consistent with "love" as described in 1 Cor. 13??

What do you see "Judgement" as?

"Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good." Ps. 119.39

Blessings,
brian
Judgment Day happens to individuals on a daily basis...it is ongoing as we seek to change from WITHIN...it's not an afterlife event. The UNIVERSAL LAW of consequences...reaping what you sow...Karma...assures that what we put into the universe comes right back to us...whether that judgment be negative or positive, is entirely up to us.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Judgment Day happens to individuals on a daily basis...it is ongoing as we seek to change from WITHIN...it's not an afterlife event. The UNIVERSAL LAW of consequences...reaping what you sow...Karma...assures that what we put into the universe comes right back to us...whether that judgment be negative or positive, is entirely up to us.
This is much in line with Jesus' words that "now is the judgment."

It would be worth the effort to study Revelation from this same perspective..

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-17-2011, 07:01 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,217,881 times
Quote:
This is much in line with Jesus' words that "now is the judgment."

It would be worth the effort to study Revelation from this same perspective..

Blessings,
brian
People are too focused on future events when it comes to Revelation to actually "see" what is really being spoken of.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:18 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,390,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post

Moderator cut: delete
As with any law, you need a law-giver.

Reaping and sowing...
For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. (Gal. 6:8)

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-17-2011 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: hi-jack words

Old 11-17-2011, 07:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Moderator cut: orphanedAs with any law, you need a law-giver.

Reaping and sowing...
For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. (Gal. 6:8)
Moderator cut: orphaned response Sinners store-up wrath for the day of judgment when they face the wrath of God.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-17-2011 at 12:20 PM..

Old 11-17-2011, 07:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
So you don't believe in judgment right now, but in the future. That's nice.
We face daily judgments while we live, but the 'day of God's judgment' is in the future as the Bible clearly says.

I see you still have not answered my simple question

Old 11-17-2011, 07:29 AM

668 posts, read 2,188,349 times
I believe it is the time when we get judged by whether we are 'Saved' or not.

Those who are 'Saved', or 'in CHRIST' will go through, while all others will be judged by JESUS, HIMSELF. Then, HE will decide what to do with them...

But, thats my personal beliefs...

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 11-17-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We face daily judgments while we live, but the 'day of God's judgment' is in the future as the Bible clearly says.

I see you still have not answered my simple question
I'm undecided. It may be in the future, but I believe the fires are already burning in some people's hearts here on earth. In addition, I also read two interesting things: "The Father hath given all judgment to the Son." and "I (the Son) judge no one."

So it could be that any "Judgment Day," if it exists, will be cancelled out-right.

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity