Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2012, 04:23 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,274,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Blind information based on the lack of evaluating it - was only an acronym. Basically, people claim to study the Scriptures, but do not take the time to fully comprehend all that is written.
Neither do they compare it to that which is essentially inherent within our heart and inseparable from who we are; the children of the true and living Spirit.

An inborn knowing of right from wrong, having just scales derived from the Spirit of life itself.

In other words, you are your own authority.

The Holy Spirit disagrees with you. Hear Him.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5)

Katie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
And we all know who much credit you give God for the Bible
I couldn't agree with you more.

Katie

Old 03-04-2012, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
.Moderator cut: delete No one is trying to discredit the Bible. Just because we credit it more intelligently does not mean we are discrediting it! Sheesh!!!
Every Orthodox Jew does this with the OT. Are you saying they are good Christians because of it? I would be willing to wager that my time STUDYING the Bible exceeds yours by quite a bit, ILNC . . .. We disagree about what the God-inspirations in it are and what they mean, that's all. We do not discredit it.
You credit it more intelligently???? Now that's classic! LOL.

I think its time you share the parts of the Bible you think are not inspired/infallible. We already know your low opinion of the scriptures. It 's time for you to explain. What uninspired words is our intelligence not picking up on?

Katie

Old 03-04-2012, 05:55 AM

810 posts, read 1,437,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Randy,

I said we wouldn't be judged by what we believe, but by our words and deeds. Let me see if I can explain this better.

I think there are many things people can disagree with yet still be good christian people. Let's face it. None of us have all of the answers. I know I don't.

I don't know about you, but there are things in the Bible I do not understand yet, things I haven't made my mind up totally about. They are still up for grabs in my mind. I don't know if that makes sense or not. I don't think God will hold me accountable for the way I think. I do believe He will judge me by how I speak, and how I act, how I treat others.

I think your 1 and 2 went a little further than what I was trying to say. What I was trying to tell you is that I don't believe God will judge either one of us badly because you believe one way, and I another. I think He would be more interested in the words we speak and the way we act, and even more, by what we teach others.

I hope that helps. More than that, I hope it makes sense.

Katie
Katie,
I think I understand what you are trying to say is about our heart condition. We may not have all the answers, we may have innocently/ignorantly clung to a false teaching, but if my heart condition reveals that I am meek, humble, and teachable...then it will outweigh all the other things that I didn't know.

Chances are if you have a good heart, then your actions and the way you present yourself will be of a someone who displays the fruitage of the spirit.

Yes?

Old 03-04-2012, 05:56 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,389,775 times
Quote:
If one yields to the authority of Christ, he must yield to His view of the scriptures. Jesus NEVER belittled them. He never criticized nor contradicted them.

Quote:
You credit it more intelligently???? Now that's classic! LOL.

I think its time you share the parts of the Bible you think are not inspired/infallible. We already know your low opinion of the scriptures. It 's time for you to explain. What uninspired words is our intelligence not picking up on?

Since you asked

Let me start by saying that all scripture is inspired by God but not everything in our bibles is scripture.

A few examples:

Jeremiah 8:8 speaks about the lying pen of the scribes adding to the Law of Moses.

Written in the book of the Law of Moses we read
Numbers 30:2
2 If a man vow a vow unto the LORD, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.

Deuteronomy 23:21
21 When thou shalt vow a vow unto the LORD thy God, thou shalt not slack to pay it: for the LORD thy God will surely require it of thee; and it would be sin in thee.

However, according to Jesus we are not to swear at all, but let our communication be yea, yea, or nay, nay.

Matthew 5:33-37
33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths: 34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all;neither by heaven; for it is God’s throne: 35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. 36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. 37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

Jesus’ words are a total contradiction to what is written in Numbers 30:2 and Deuteronomy 23:21.

A couple of things to take note of in what Jesus says in Matthew 5:33-37.

First, Jesus does not say it is written, but says ye have heard that it hath been said.

Jesus purposely chose the words ye have heard that it hath been said instead ofit is writtento show us that the law of forswearing comes from the lying pen of the Scribes and is an addition to the law of Moses, but attributed to Moses by those same Scribes.

Secondly, some people have tried to tell me that this is only to show the difference between the old covenant and the new covenant. However, if this is the case then God changed His mind about what He wants from us and if God changes His mind about what He wants from us then His word is not steadfast. And if Gods word is not steadfast what assurances do we have that God will not change His mind again and again?

Thirdly, Jesus says whatsoever is more then yea and nay cometh from EVIL. So if forswearing ourselves came from God as Numbers 30:2 and Deuteronomy 23:21 suggest then Jesus would be saying God is EVIL or what God speaks is EVIL.

So we are left with a choice, we can either believe God changes His mind concerning what He wants from us, making His word not steadfast, or we can believe what Jeremiah stated in 8:8 that the lying pen of the Scribes have changed Gods laws into lies.

We see this same lying pen of the Scribe in the horrendous eye for an eye doctrine that the Scribes attributed to Moses in Exodus 21:21-24, Leviticus 24:19-20 and Deuteronomy 19:21

Exodus 21:22-24
22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman’s husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, 24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Leviticus 24:19-20
19 And if a man cause a blemish in his neighbour; as he hath done, so shall it be done to him; 20 Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.

Deuteronomy 19:21
21 And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

But Jesus says that ye resist not evil.

Matthew 5:38-42
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. 41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Jesus’ words again are in total contradiction to what is written in Exodus 21:21-24, Leviticus 24:19-20 and Deuteronomy 19:21.

Take note of what Jesus says in Matthew 5:38-42

Again, Jesus does not say it is written, but says ye have heard that it hath been said.

And again, Jesus purposely chose the words ye have heard that it hath been said instead ofit is writtento show us that the law of an eye for an eye comes from the lying pen of the Scribes and is an addition to the law of Moses, but attributed to Moses by those same Scribes.

Matthew 5:43-45
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Take note that again Jesus uses the same manner of speech, Jesus does not say it is written, but says ye have heard that it hath been said. Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

Oh, oh Houston we have a problem.

Nowhere is it stated in the bible that we are to hate our enemy.

Did Jesus make a blunder when he said you have heard that it hath been said?

NO, absolutely, NO, Jesus did not blunder when he said this.

So what is going on?

Everything else Jesus referenced in these sets of scripture is found written somewhere in the Law of Moses being an addition by the lying pen of the Scribes, but attributed to Moses. So why do we not find the term hate thine enemy also recorded?

Most probably, because the scribes deleted it from their writings after Jesus said love your enemies.

No matter how one looks at it, forswearing, eye for an eye and hate thine enemy are a total contradiction to what Jesus tells us.

We read in Revelation a warning to anyone who would add to or take away from the prophesy of the book of Revelation. Now if God saw fit to put this warning in that book is it not obvious He knew that people would be tempted to do just that?

Just because God does not want people to do something does not mean people won’t do it.

And history proves that man has tampered with the scripture.

Witness 1Jn.5:7

Witness Mk.16:9-20

Neither of which are in the oldest and best manuscripts.

Both are an interpolation; added to scripture at a later date.

Some might not like it but those are the FACTS.

(These are the FACTS and if you had of done the small test I asked you to do you would have seen that those so called scriptures are indeed an interpolation of man)

Some people have told me that the bible is the word of God and everything in it is of Him and by Him and that He most surely could have protected it all through history.

First let me say there is only ONE WORD OF GOD, that being Jesus Christ and everything that proceeds from His mouth. Therefore the bible cannot be the word of God as history and scripture shows man has tampered with it, adding to it and taking away from it.

Are you getting the picture? Not everything in our bibles is inspired by God or scripture. Man has tampered so much with the scriptures, adding and taking away from them, that the bibles today bring in much confusion. My suggestion to you and everyone else is to take every thought (especially the thoughts recorded in the bible) captive to Christ and see what He says about them.

Here are some more facts you do not want to know.

10 Facts you don’t want to know so you better stop reading right now

FACT
Jeremiah said the lying pen of the scribes added to the Laws of Moses

FACT
Paul said all scripture (not bible) is given by inspiration of God

FACT
The bible in use in the time of Christ was the Septuagint.

FACT
The Septuagint contains these books- I Esdras, Tobit, Judith, I Maccabees, II Maccabees,
III Maccabees, IV Maccabees, Wisdom, Sirach, Baruch, Osee, Michaeas, Ambacum, Sophonias
Aggaeus

So if you do not believe these books are inspired by God as they were in the bible at the time Paul said all scripture is inspired by God are you not being hypocritical in your thoughts toward me for saying not everything in our bibles is scripture?

FACT
Justin Martyr in his discourse with Trypho the Jew stated that the scribes had deleted scriptures from the bible that plainly identified Jesus Christ as the Messiah.

FACT
These books I Esdras, Tobit, Judith, I Maccabees, II Maccabees,
III Maccabees, IV Maccabees, Wisdom, Sirach, Baruch, Osee, Michaeas, Ambacum, Sophonias
Aggaeus

Have been deleted out of almost every bible today. Proving man has tampered with God word, as they were in the bible when Paul said all scripture is inspired by God.

FACT
1Jn.5:7 And Mk.16:9-20 are not in the oldest and best manuscripts but are an interpolation.

Again proving man tampered with the bible.

FACT
The Babylonian Code of Hammurabi was written 200+ years before Moses wrote the law

FACT
The law of an eye for an eye comes from the Babylonian Code of Hammurabi

If a man put out the eye of another man, his eye shall be put out. [ An eye for an eye ]

Now you know where the lying pen of the scribes stole the law an eye for an eye from, adding it to the Laws of Moses and attributed it to Moses.

FACT
I bet you wished you stopped reading when I suggested it

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-04-2012 at 07:10 AM..

Old 03-04-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
Katie,
I think I understand what you are trying to say is about our heart condition. We may not have all the answers, we may have innocently/ignorantly clung to a false teaching, but if my heart condition reveals that I am meek, humble, and teachable...then it will outweigh all the other things that I didn't know.

Chances are if you have a good heart, then your actions and the way you present yourself will be of a someone who displays the fruitage of the spirit.

Yes?
Yes! You said it well! Thank you. He sees into our hearts. He also knows we struggle sometimes with Biblical concepts. But if we pray for wisdom and understanding, He will answer our prayer.

God Bless,

Katie

Old 03-04-2012, 06:55 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Yes! You said it well! Thank you. He sees into our hearts. He also knows we struggle sometimes with Biblical concepts. But if we pray for wisdom and understanding, He will answer our prayer.

God Bless,

Katie

Old 03-04-2012, 11:15 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
In other words, you are your own authority.
The Holy Spirit disagrees with you. Hear Him.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5)
But, you just did!

Last edited by Jerwade; 03-04-2012 at 11:26 AM..

Old 03-04-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
But, you just did!
*SIGH*

We could go round and round with this for days. Frankly, I'm not going to waste my time. You don't believe the Bible is inspired/infallible. I do. Believe what you will.

Katie

Old 03-04-2012, 11:28 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
*SIGH*

We could go round and round with this for days. Frankly, I'm not going to waste my time.
You don't believe the Bible is inspired/infallible. I do. Believe what you will.
In other words, like you just did, again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity