Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2012, 09:00 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,397,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Verna Perry is one who protests...
Who?

And do they also suggest that people who work on the Sabbath have fewer legal rights than those who don't? The rest of the sentence reads "wanting to adopt". I'm well aware that many Christians say a person shouldn't work on the Sabbath. But there is practically zero opposition to Sabbath Day workers' rights, if you will.

Let's not forget all the others! All the other people who God said to kill, Jesus never explicitly pardoned, and currently enjoy all the same rights as Christians who do none of these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 09:01 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,071,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
I agree, but it would mean that we should add anything that violate "let marriage be held in honor by all". It includes having sex outside of marriage, wedlock, anything with homosexuality, any abuse, and whatever that does not honor Him. I have seen very few relationships that, I believe, God approves. That does not mean that God won't redeemed his people (because he surely does).
One can have sex during the engagement process and any children born during that time are considered legitimate...

Old 08-25-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Ihtink mnay allowig it are wrong.Churches do not agree o evrythign.If the methodist start approvig of same sex marriage then i would have a porproblem with it and have to move. The chruch isn't god.it made up of sinners. then this would be another sin of te curch :IMO.
Are you typing too fast?...Or do you just type in you texas draw?...

Old 08-25-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
On the contrary, God gave us a brain for a reason. The purpose of the religion I follow is to become closer to God and to love my neighbor, not to follow a bunch of outdated rules dreamed up in ancient times.
Yeshua taught from those 'bunch of outdated rules dreamed up in ancient times'...And so did the Apostles...So, what's your point?...

Old 08-25-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
My minister says they call it Bible study because you have to STUDY the Bible for the wisdom contained within. It takes effort. I have attended classes with people who learned multiple languages so they could be more educated scholars of the Bible. For instance, it was interesting to me to learn that the Biblical use of the word "believe" more accurately translates to "I give my heart to" instead of "I accept as true." The obsession with what people believe is "true" has not been a great development in Christianity, in my opinion...

I give my heart to Christianity and I follow what I understand is the essence of Christianity, which is love. I certainly don't want Christianity used as a rationale to deny someone's right to marry.
So, thus sayeth your minister?...

Old 08-25-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roneb View Post
Faith is Faith in Christ. I believe in the Holy Trinity and worship Christ the Savior. I study the Bible, I do not worship it. If you blindly view the Bible as the inerrant Word of God without giving any thought to historical context, a multitude of translations, etc, you are guilty of the latter.
If you study the bible, tell me where it says 'Trinity' therein...

Old 08-25-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
No one's responded to my last post?

...Really?

Re-post (short version)

What makes gay marriage any better than remarriage?

Jesus On Divorce and Remarriage
Remarriage: Two Views | Christianity Today
There are points that one is permitted to re-marry and not be sinning....

Old 08-25-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Hogwash, those who don't discriminate against gays are far closer to God than your typical Conservative who are nothing more than the modern day self-righteous religious leaders Jesus condemned 2000 years ago.

I would suggest actually learning what the Bible says in Hebrew and Greek on this issue and stop listening to your pastor's misguided teachings.
Gee, you mean like I did?...And even in the Hebrew, greek and Aramaic, if you want, it still condemns homosexuality...

Old 08-25-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
How do they justify not instructing their parishioners to kill disobedient children? For the very same book that labels homosexuality an abomination instructs us to do exactly that. How do you justify it? Or do you?
Hmmm, is your 24 year old son no longer your child because he is 24?...

Old 08-25-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That was written to Jews, not Christians.
Has the earth and heavens passed away yet?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity