Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 02:33 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralMissionary View Post
Do you not understand the concept of justice? When you commit a crime you are held accountable. To not be punished would be a travesty of justice. A just judge cannot dismiss a criminal lest he be unjust.

The reason we are commanded to forgive each other our wrongdoings is because we have been forgiven much. We are also not God...and we are not sinned against, since we did not create anything in this world. We have no basis for demanding payback.

God, on the other hand, created this world. He has promised to pay back sin with punishment. To do any less than to punish the guilty would make him a liar. You have not yet addressed that point.
To forgive is to be like God, what is wrong with you ?. Who is it doing the forgiveness in you when you forgive someone ?. Don't you see you are making your ability to forgive greater than that of God's.

God wants you Fundies to show the same mercy to the world that you have been shown.

Your sorry excuse for not being merciful and forgiving to the world is not cutting it with God.

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. I hope you understand the downside of this.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:35 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
You'll find that he does with every stroke of every key he hits on his keyboard. I wouldn't waist any more time on him, as he has his own god and his own gospel...all false.
The God of love,grace, mercy and forgiveness is the God who bares Good news.

Verna Go show the world the same mercy you have been shown, instead of condemning them for not keeping the sabbath you don't even keep.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:03 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,462,038 times
Quote:
You'll find that he does with every stroke of every key he hits on his keyboard. I wouldn't waist any more time on him, as he has his own god and his own gospel...all false.
Yeah, I'm about done. It doesn't make much sense, ignores numerous Bible passages, and empties the atonement of any meaning whatsoever.

Every time I ask a question for which he has no good answer he just ignores it and responds to other people.

The bizarre reinterpretations of the NT never cease to amaze me.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:29 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I do not hold a thing against Hitler or Amin, the reason why.....because of Christ LIVING in me.
You do not want to answer the question? Why?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:49 PM

419 posts, read 435,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
To forgive is to be like God, what is wrong with you ?. Who is it doing the forgiveness in you when you forgive someone ?. Don't you see you are making your ability to forgive greater than that of God's.

God wants you Fundies to show the same mercy to the world that you have been shown.

Your sorry excuse for not being merciful and forgiving to the world is not cutting it with God.

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. I hope you understand the downside of this.
Still waiting for you to explain why you think God is a liar.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:57 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,668,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Yeah, I'm about done. It doesn't make much sense, ignores numerous Bible passages, and empties the atonement of any meaning whatsoever.

Every time I ask a question for which he has no good answer he just ignores it and responds to other people.

The bizarre reinterpretations of the NT never cease to amaze me.
...he's done this for years...when he first came on to CD, you knew he didn't know what he was talking about, it was obvious...it's only in the last year or so he's managed to "contort" his manner of speach in such a "flowery" way as he attempts to sound as if he knew what he was talking about...however, I've seen and do see right through it.

Don't feed him.

God Bless.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:58 PM

33,331 posts, read 26,530,181 times
The only reason that God can forgive sin is because God the Father judged the sins of the world which He imputed to Jesus as He hung on the cross. Sin had to be judged by God before it could be forgiven. Sin was not forgiven at the cross, it was judged. When a person trusts in Christ for eternal life his sins up to the point of his salvation are forgiven.

Acts 10:43 "Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins."

Acts 26:18 to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.'

The sins he commits as a believer are forgiven when he names them to God the Father as per 1 John 1:9. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

In order to forgive sin, the penalty for sin had to first be paid. The penalty for sin is death. Spiritual death. Spiritual death is separation from God in time which refers to not having a relationship with God. Since man cannot pay the penalty for sin man must be eternally separated from God.

But God did something about man's hopeless situation. God the Father commissioned the Second Person of the Trinity to become a member of the human race. And because He came into the world through the virgin birth He was free from sin. He lived a perfect life free from sin and was therefore qualified to bear the sins of the world. He died as a substitute for us. He tasted death for every man (Heb. 2:9). Jesus Christ was judged for our sins during the 3 hour period from 12 Noon to 3 PM. During that time God the Father had to turn away from Christ. This was His spiritual death which satisfied the righteousness of the Father as His justice judged the sins of the world which Christ bore in His body.

Sin had to be judged before it could be forgiven.

The unbelievers sins, though having been judged, remain unforgiven. Jesus said as recorded in John 8:24 "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am , you will die in your sins."

This is a direct statement from Jesus that if you don't believe that He is God you remain under condemnation. The context in which He referred to Himself as 'I am' is a reference to His deity (see John 8:58). In certain contexts the enigmatic ''I AM'' is a self designation for God (Isa. 43:10-11)

The unbelievers sins remain unforgiven. Those who die never having believed in/on Jesus Christ for eternal life die in their sins. But because those sins were already judged at the cross the unbeliever will not be judged for those sins. He will instead be judged on the basis of his works as per Rev. 20:11-15. In rejecting Christ as Savior the unbeliever will stand before Jesus Christ at the great white throne and be condemned to the lake of fire on the basis of his own imperfect righteousness from which his works originated.

Before God could forgive the sins of the human race He had to first judge those sins at the cross as Jesus bore them on our behalf. But the unbeliever's sins remain unforgiven. And after salvation through faith alone in Christ alone, the believer's sins which put him out of fellowship and bring him under divine discipline (Heb. 12:5-13), but do not cause him to lose his salvation are forgiven when he simply acknowledges them to God (1 John 1:9).

God's justice had to judge sin before He could forgive sin. He could not forgive sin simply because of love.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:12 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,414,897 times
Quote:
...he's done this for years...when he first came on to CD, you knew he didn't know what he was talking about, it was obvious...it's only in the last year or so he's managed to "contort" his manner of speach in such a "flowery" way as he attempts to sound as if he knew what he was talking about...however, I've seen and do see right through it.

Don't feed him.

God Bless.
Pcamps words convey a Spirit of love and forgiveness and mercy which is a healing balm and which is in stark contrast to the spirit of vengeance which the natural man embraces.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:12 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,462,038 times
Quote:

Don't feed him.

God Bless.
Good to know and agreed, thanks!

Old 08-02-2012, 04:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The unbelievers sins, though having been judged, remain unforgiven. Jesus said as recorded in John 8:24 "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am , you will die in your sins."
Not to worry, Pcamps has been authorized to remove people's sins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.