Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 01:04 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you not understand that when you forgive someone it is actually God in you forgiving ? Or do you not forgive someone who wrongs you ?.

You are saying something which the Pharisee and scribe said to Jesus.

Why does this Camps talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
You do not comprehend the difference between you forgiving someone the transgressions against you, and you pretending to have the authority to forgive sins people commit against God.

Has God authorized you PCAMPS to forgive people their sins on Christ's behalf? Can you declare Idi Amins sins forgiven? Can you cleanse the sins of Hitler?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:05 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
I never thought this thread would end up disturbing the nest of vipers.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:14 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,543,112 times
From proverbs, "Where there is no fuel, the fire goes out."

Old 08-02-2012, 02:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralMissionary View Post
I'm an imperfect, sinful human being. I have no basis by which to withhold forgiveness from anyone.

God, on the other hand, is the perfect, holy, just and perfect Creator--and He has pledged to punish those that violate his commands.

So once again....I ask: What is your basis for calling God a liar?
Unbelievable

Forgive us our sins as we forgive those that sin against us. Kindergarten stuff. At least those who wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery had the good sense to walk away when reproved,you blood thirsty Fundies still want the guilty punished. Lord have mercy on them for they know not what they are doing.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:08 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,460,387 times
Quote:
Unbelievable

Forgive us our sins as we forgive those that sin against us. Kindergarten stuff. At least those who wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery had the good sense to walk away when reproved,you blood thirsty Fundies still want the guilty punished. Lord have mercy on them for they know not what they are doing.
First, you didn't really address his point. Second, we don't want to see the guilty punished - we want them to experience God's mercy and grace found through faith in Christ Jesus.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You do not comprehend the difference between you forgiving someone the transgressions against you, and you pretending to have the authority to forgive sins people commit against God.

Has God authorized you PCAMPS to forgive people their sins on Christ's behalf? Can you declare Idi Amins sins forgiven? Can you cleanse the sins of Hitler?
I do not hold a thing against Hitler or Amin, the reason why.....because of Christ LIVING in me.

You have no idea who God Is and no comprehension of him too.

Are you in so much darkness that you cannot understand "forgive us our sin AS WE forgive those that sin against us. Your forgiveness whether you like it or not is dependent on your own ability to forgive.

But if YOU do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matt 6:15.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
First, you didn't really address his point. Second, we don't want to see the guilty punished - we want them to experience God's mercy and grace found through faith in Christ Jesus.
Well forgive them then, just like your heavenly Father does. Just like you are freely forgiven by God.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:16 PM

419 posts, read 435,336 times
Quote:
Unbelievable

Do you not understand the concept of justice? When you commit a crime you are held accountable. To not be punished would be a travesty of justice. A just judge cannot dismiss a criminal lest he be unjust.

The reason we are commanded to forgive each other our wrongdoings is because we have been forgiven much. We are also not God...and we are not sinned against, since we did not create anything in this world. We have no basis for demanding payback.

God, on the other hand, created this world. He has promised to pay back sin with punishment. To do any less than to punish the guilty would make him a liar. You have not yet addressed that point.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
What he is saying has no point,you want the guilty punished for what you were freely shown grace and mercy for.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:26 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralMissionary View Post
I'm an imperfect, sinful human being. I have no basis by which to withhold forgiveness from anyone.

God, on the other hand, is the perfect, holy, just and perfect Creator--and He has pledged to punish those that violate his commands.

So once again....I ask: What is your basis for calling God a liar?
You'll find that he does with every stroke of every key he hits on his keyboard. I wouldn't waist any more time on him, as he has his own god and his own gospel...all false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.