Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 11:49 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,072,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Matthew 23:27
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside - but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.

Excellent Jerwade, you brought up another instance of Him judging the flesh. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 12:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
Quote:
Matthew 23:27
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside - but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Excellent Jerwade, you brought up another instance of Him judging the flesh. Peace
And it was the flesh of the religious leaders of his day.
Which is the point Pcamps was making that you ignored.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:17 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
And you are intentionally ignoring what I posted pertaining to Him judging whole cities. Also, the error of those running after the error of Balaam (cursing Israel, sound familiar?) and the gainsaying of Core comes to mind, the men rebuked for being clouds WITHOUT WATER, as does the man who thought he could buy the Holy Ghost, as does the two who dropped dead for lying to the Holy Ghost, as does the man who had his father's wife and was turned over to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, by Paul.

Judgment comes through His body through the gifts of the Spirit, specifically through word of knowledge which reveals the hidden things of the heart that only G-d could know. The flesh has always been and always will be judged. Peace
My question was not about cities, or those Jesus called white washed tombs. First of all those cities were under the influence if the equivalent of the modern day fundy, you also know to being the wonderful bible student that you think you are, that the word the prophets brought in the OT was generally aimed at the negligent shepherds .

I know you know perfectly well what I am asking you. This back and forth started by me pointing out that you looked at the scripture and form opinions by the flesh.

Quote:
HIS love does not engender bondage to the flesh. Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But is lovingly faithful and tolerant to those who are in bondage to the flesh, but pulls no punches towards those who are not.

See why do you look at scripture through the lens of the flesh rather than the spirit?. Because you are focused on error rather than the answer.

Quote:
No, I know the answer and share it abundantly. It does not involve denigrating the scriptures or twisting them to suit errors, either. Peace
Quote:
You obviously don't, because the flesh mind sees God not engendering bondage to the flesh, while the Spiritual mind although it knows this, would never dream of having to say it, but focuses on being lovingly faithful, forgiving and tolerant to those who are in bondage to the flesh. Further proof you do not see the spirit of the letter that you promote.

This is the "Way" walk you in it.

I by being lovingly faithful and tolerant towards the so called sinner am walking in the light as he is in the light without excusing assumed sin or passing judgement upon it and neither twisting scriptures . You on the other hand look upon the so called sinner and make unrighteous judgement towards them, which is obviously your preferred method rather than following Jesus Christ's example and judging righteously.

So I will ask you again quote scripture where Jesus called anyone out PERSONALLY FOR THEIR ASSUMED SIN, (I never once asked about cities or those Jesus called white washed tombs)other than the equivalent of the modern day fundamentalist. You also know as well as I do, if he had it would be there for all to see in any of the four gospels.

It's amazing how you folk say you only believe what's in the Bible, what I am asking you is not in the Bible, just like your belief that Jesus constantly referenced scripture isn't , he didn't, so why do you carry on believing g such things when they are not there?. The answer is you are in bondage to these beliefs and your belief system would come tumbling down like a pack of cards if you acknowledged they were not there. The day of bible fundamentalism is ending, the church will be scattered, many will fall into the sin they've judged others of, others will end up in a wilderness not knowing out to survive and then will come a great draw from God where folk begin to seek God without the blinkers of fundamentalism and find him, him who they lost the moment they believed the false shepherds word that the Bible is inerrant and infallible.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:36 PM

I stand corrected, and confused?

Old 09-10-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Why's that Jerwade ?. What you said and done ?

Old 09-10-2017, 12:47 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,832,081 times
Quote:
Yeah, pcamps is somewhat close. Then that same old stone comes flying out his hand.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:56 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,832,081 times
Quote:
My question was not about cities, or those Jesus called white washed tombs. First of all those cities were under the influence if the equivalent of the modern day fundy, you also know to being the wonderful bible student that you think you are, that the word the prophets brought in the OT was generally aimed at the negligent shepherds .

I know you know perfectly well what I am asking you. This back and forth started by me pointing out that you looked at the scripture and form opinions by the flesh.

I by being lovingly faithful and tolerant towards the so called sinner am walking in the light as he is in the light without excusing assumed sin or passing judgement upon it and neither twisting scriptures . You on the other hand look upon the so called sinner and make unrighteous judgement towards them, which is obviously your preferred method rather than following Jesus Christ's example and judging righteously.

So I will ask you again quote scripture where Jesus called anyone out PERSONALLY FOR THEIR ASSUMED SIN, (I never once asked about cities or those Jesus called white washed tombs)other than the equivalent of the modern day fundamentalist. You also know as well as I do, if he had it would be there for all to see in any of the four gospels.

It's amazing how you folk say you only believe what's in the Bible, what I am asking you is not in the Bible, just like your belief that Jesus constantly referenced scripture isn't , he didn't, so why do you carry on believing g such things when they are not there?. The answer is you are in bondage to these beliefs and your belief system would come tumbling down like a pack of cards if you acknowledged they were not there. The day of bible fundamentalism is ending, the church will be scattered, many will fall into the sin they've judged others of, others will end up in a wilderness not knowing out to survive and then will come a great draw from God where folk begin to seek God without the blinkers of fundamentalism and find him, him who they lost the moment they believed the false shepherds word that the Bible is inerrant and infallible.
"So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach."

Ever seen this happen in your life?

Take it to them. You dont wish to share here via privacy. But you have yet to reconcile.

The altar and the Sabbath.
"leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift."

Old 09-10-2017, 01:03 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,072,451 times
Quote:
And it was the flesh of the religious leaders of his day.
Which is the point Pcamps was making that you ignored.

And who is the temple today, Jerwade? Where are those "hard hearted" now, and whose tables/tablets of the heart are needing to be overturned? Peace

Old 09-10-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Why's that Jerwade? What you said and done?
No, I understand what you are saying, and what has been stated.
However, yes, I may have interjected with a thought prematurely.

Old 09-10-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Yeah, pcamps is somewhat close. Then that same old stone comes flying out his hand.
Lol, if you think I am approving of something that is not in the scripture you have me worked out wrong. If it is not in the scriptures I will not accept it, just like I am not accepting that Jesus Christ personally called out the assumed sin of another to their face other than the equivalent of the modern day fundy, and he had plenty to say to them, yet they kept coming back for me and they still left scolded and embarrassed . What you fundies do not realize is when you play God by judging sin in another, God jumps to the defense of the sinner.

You know the story of the Pharisee called Simon, same spirit of you guys, this kind of spirit >>>>if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner. Tell me pinacled called Simon, who was Jesus defending here, who was calling out for her sin?., or do you think love just happened to soften her and cause her to turn Jesus?, it most certainly wasn't Jesus pointing out and calling out her sin, if that was the case.... he would have said Amen Simon, she's heard the truth, let's just sit here and wait and pray and hope she makes the right choice and becomes a bible believer like you and I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity