Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 06:37 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,048,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Who brought about the scams going on in the temple?, exactly, the equivalent of the modern day fundy.

He turned a world of religion upside to reach those in bondage to it.

Like i said you cannot give one instance where Jesus called anyone out for sin other than the equivalent of the modern day fundy, he defended the assumed sinner from the equivalent of the modern day fundy. At the end of the day, all you think you have is something you think symbolically saying he was calling out the fundy looks upon to be sinners, the kind of symbolism anyone can make it say whatever they want too.

So you can't see the TEMPLE is us, right? It HAS to ONLY be about the fundy/Pharisees for there to be any truth in it, right? NOW who's making it say whatever they want to? Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 06:48 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
So you can't see the TEMPLE is us, right? It HAS to ONLY be about the fundy/Pharisees for there to be any truth in it, right? NOW who's making it say whatever they want to? Peace
Of cause i can see and know that, but cannot YOU see that the one who we are called to follow never once called anyone out for their assumed sin other than those whose favorite pastime was calling out sin in others. You are in denial if you cannot see this. Why did he not call out sin like you fundies think you have a license too, ?, because he knew the goodness would do its work.

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. Acts 10:38

It's the goodness of God that leads unto repentance. Romans 2:4

I led them with cords of a man, with bonds of love, And I became to them as one who lifts the yoke from their jaws; And I bent down and fed them. Hosea 11:4

Old 09-08-2017, 07:35 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,961 times
"And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand.

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,"

Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 63 But Jesus remained silent.

The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”[e]

Old 09-08-2017, 07:41 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,961 times
Sound doctrine.

Woe to those that call evil good.

The tree that is not good for food.

When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
"And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand.

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,"

Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 63 But Jesus remained silent.

The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”[e]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Sound doctrine.

Woe to those that call evil good.

The tree that is not good for food.

When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
No worries mate, your woman will not deceive me, even if her love has waxed-cold.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:31 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,048,478 times
Quote:
Of cause i can see and know that, but cannot YOU see that the one who we are called to follow never once called anyone out for their assumed sin other than those whose favorite pastime was calling out sin in others. You are in denial if you cannot see this. Why did he not call out sin like you fundies think you have a license too, ?, because he knew the goodness would do its work.

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. Acts 10:38

It's the goodness of God that leads unto repentance. Romans 2:4

I led them with cords of a man, with bonds of love, And I became to them as one who lifts the yoke from their jaws; And I bent down and fed them. Hosea 11:4

You don't know Father AT ALL, nor understand how He moves in the gifts, nor casts out the spirits of the evil one. You are still on milk bound to mother. The Father chastens sons. Perhaps you forget how Paul turned one over to Satan for the destruction of his flesh that his spirit might be saved? Paul also wrote the scriptures in Corinthians you have singled out to make a doctrine out of. Guess somebody needed to quote him to him before he did that? And I don't know who should have told Jesus not to prophesy the destruction of the Temple and the 1.5 million. Peace

Old 09-08-2017, 09:41 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,086 times
Quote:
according to the fundamentalst god has promised to payback and punish the sinner for his sin. If he doesn't he's a liar according to one fundamentalist .

If you, lord, should mark iniquities, o lord, who shall stand? Psalm 130:3

this mentality that god is mad with us and is always on the case of the sinner until he repents is why the world rejects christianity, so don't deceive yourselves and think it is because of righteousness or men love darkness over light that, it is because of the bad news ou bare.

Tell the world the savior of it is not counting the sins of the world against it, they will repent( turn back to its heavenly father) if you do, there will be none coming in fear of being sent to eternal torment too.
trying to make us all feel powerless to overcome our sins in and through our Lord and healer again i see?

Are you preaching total anarchy ?

Old 09-08-2017, 09:42 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticphd View Post
no . . . He is saying that the sin mindset causes us to focus on the wrong things . . . What we and others should not do. We should be focused on what we should do . . ."love god and each other." we should have faith that christ has taken care of everything and we just need to sanctify ourselves under his grace through that love.

Amen brother.
but that is not and has not been what you are preaching is it ?

Old 09-08-2017, 10:11 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . he is saying that the sin mindset causes us to focus on the wrong things . . . what we and others should NOT do. We should be focused on what we SHOULD do . . ."love God and each other." We should have faith that Christ has taken care of everything and we just need to sanctify ourselves under His grace through that love.
Amen brother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
but that is not and has not been what you are preaching is it ?
Yes, it is what I have been saying in virtually every one of my posts. When we focus on love of God and each other every day and repent when we don't, we can NOT sin. By repenting, our imperfections are covered by the perfect love (Grace) of Jesus and God is NOT counting our sins against us.

Old 09-09-2017, 03:31 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You don't know Father AT ALL, nor understand how He moves in the gifts, nor casts out the spirits of the evil one. You are still on milk bound to mother. The Father chastens sons. Perhaps you forget how Paul turned one over to Satan for the destruction of his flesh that his spirit might be saved? Paul also wrote the scriptures in Corinthians you have singled out to make a doctrine out of. Guess somebody needed to quote him to him before he did that? And I don't know who should have told Jesus not to prophesy the destruction of the Temple and the 1.5 million. Peace
Instead of this rant and nonsense,why don't you just provide the scriptures i asked for from the gospels where Jeus personally called anyone for sin other than those whoes favorite past time was callin out sin in others, the equivalent to the modern day fundy like yourself. No, your temple symbolic verse is not Jesus calling personally calling out sinnners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity