Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 04:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
The good news is that he punished Jesus for our sins. It's not just about repenting and saying we're sorry...it's about whether we trust Jesus as the sacrifice that paid for our sins so that we don't have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The heretical doctrine of penal substitution, where GOD punishes GOD.
An angry deity who needed to satisfy his justice by a perfect blood sacrifice.

Do you people even listen to yourselves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Do you ever listen to Paul? No, you prefer man made doctrines.... Peace

Rom 5:9 - Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be SAVED FROM WRATH through him.

WHAT? Paul is talking about G-d having wrath we need/needed to be saved from, AND He did it through justification by His blood?

Rom 5:10 - For if, whenis liste we were enemies, we were RECONCILED TO G-D BY THE DEATH OF HIS SON, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
It's not I, who listens to man-made doctrines based on another's concept of GOD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 04:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:

Well, he only punished him for a couple of days - a weekend. You know, like being grounded.

And then he got better!

Old 09-07-2017, 04:48 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Read the passage. The first 10 verses are talking about holding our brothers accountable, and sharing our blessings with our brothers. It's talking about relationships. I really think you're grasping if you make it a proof text for your strange theology.

that is absolutely correct. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about being punished for what I've done.

Again....mercy DOES triumph judgment. God judged Jesus for my sin. I'm forgiven because HE was condemned.

And no--I didn't create that God. Read Romans. Specifically, Romans 5:9-10 that Rbbi1 quoted just above. You might be amazed to see that God actually came up with the idea. That is....if you believe THAT part of the Bible.
How you are not seeing the great truth and principle of reaping and sowing and that it is not just applied in one instance towards a few church members who have held a few quid back for a teacher, is beyond belief considering you believe yourself to be a bible student. You and i if we reap to the flesh FROM THE FLESH shall reap punishment, destruction or whtever you want to call it, there i no escaping this great law, and no amount of hollering the blood of Jesus or pleading it will not prevent it. The only way of preventing it is BY walking in unconditional forgiveness towards all things and repenting from it the moment we are aware of what we have sown. So if you and i sow unconditional forgiveness what do you think you and i will reap?. Believing you escape the great law, truth and principle of reaping what we sow because you have believed in Jesus, is a doctrine of demons.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:39 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:

. ps how does a God die? just for a moment think about the transfiguration, someday read a lot more about and make a whole less comments until you do. . maybe a "God" like you think of as a God.. did not die , we know a man did die for his Father asked him too and he did die for you and I . but what YOU consider to be a god and what the Father considers to be a God might be different things.
Jesus is the perfect Adam with his glory restored.. the first of many many many such men who will be just like him . will that make them God's ? or perfected men ? yes he was given the keys to all creation and the authority to back it up. . but only God is God .. and yes Jesus is Part of God now .and part of him is God /// and all people who have been baptized with his spirit are part of God too.

I just think YOU have a very twisted Idea of what you think Jesus is. I think you have a very twisted idea of what you think God is..
Jesus is a restored and perfect man who walks with God and who carries God's authority and is God's image to this world, He speaks for the Father and so does the father and sons spirit speaks for the Father and son . that authority existed as God before David's son existed.. the Father lives in him and through him in someways. heck all the elders live through him in someways it seems. but they live through all creation too... they are all EYES in the earth .. they see everything they want to see using creation's eyes. does that make all creation God ? to some people maybe. but I see Jesus as God's right hand and sharing authority with the Father.. but he is a man .. a faithful / full of faith son of king David. and by earthly inheritance a son of a Khepa/ Eve. making him something in the order of a I think it is called Attalas aka Atlas because he is a son delivered of two Khepa( daughters of the oath of eve ) and thus gains materlineal inherits from two wombs at least . and may have picked up inheritances of more wombs since then . so only a perfected man, one with all of God's authority can do such a thing. but he did it !

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-07-2017 at 10:00 PM..

Old 09-07-2017, 10:22 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
So are you calling God a liar? Because the bible most certainly DOES say that the guilty will not go unpunished. (Prov 11:21).

The good news is that he punished Jesus for our sins. It's not just about repenting and saying we're sorry...it's about whether we trust Jesus as the sacrifice that paid for our sins so that we don't have to.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
. ps how does a God die? just for a moment think about the transfiguration, someday read a lot more about and make a whole less comments until you do. . maybe a "God" like you think of as a God.. did not die , we know a man did die for his Father asked him too and he did die for you and I . but what YOU consider to be a god and what the Father considers to be a God might be different things.
Jesus is the perfect Adam with his glory restored.. the first of many many many such men who will be just like him . will that make them God's ? or perfected men ? yes he was given the keys to all creation and the authority to back it up. . but only God is God .. and yes Jesus is Part of God now .and part of him is God /// and all people who have been baptized with his spirit are part of God too.

I just think YOU have a very twisted Idea of what you think Jesus is. I think you have a very twisted idea of what you think God is..
Jesus is a restored and perfect man who walks with God and who carries God's authority and is God's image to this world, He speaks for the Father and so does the father and sons spirit speaks for the Father and son . that authority existed as God before David's son existed.. the Father lives in him and through him in someways. heck all the elders live through him in someways it seems. but they live through all creation too... they are all EYES in the earth .. they see everything they want to see using creation's eyes. does that make all creation God ? to some people maybe. but I see Jesus as God's right hand and sharing authority with the Father.. but he is a man .. a faithful / full of faith son of king David. and by earthly inheritance a son of a Khepa/ Eve. making him something in the order of a I think it is called Attalas aka Atlas because he is a son delivered of two Khepa( daughters of the oath of eve ) and thus gains materlineal inherits from two wombs at least . and may have picked up inheritances of more wombs since then . so only a perfected man, one with all of God's authority can do such a thing. but he did it !
I guess you don't.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:34 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
So are you calling God a liar? Because the bible most certainly DOES say that the guilty will not go unpunished. (Prov 11:21).
OT nonsense. But, we WILL reap whatever we sow and do not repent of and there is nothing more just than that.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:03 AM

465 posts, read 236,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie Read the passage. The first 10 verses are talking about holding our brothers accountable, and sharing our blessings with our brothers. It's talking about relationships. I really think you're grasping if you make it a proof text for your strange theology.

[...]

Again....mercy DOES triumph judgment. God judged Jesus for my sin. I'm forgiven because HE was condemned.

[...]
Quote:
pcamps: How you are not seeing the great truth and principle of reaping and sowing and that it is not just applied in one instance towards a few church members who have held a few quid back for a teacher, is beyond belief considering you believe yourself to be a bible student. You and i if we reap to the flesh FROM THE FLESH shall reap punishment, destruction or whtever you want to call it, there i no escaping this great law, and no amount of hollering the blood of Jesus or pleading it will not prevent it. The only way of preventing it is BY walking in unconditional forgiveness towards all things and repenting from it the moment we are aware of what we have sown. So if you and i sow unconditional forgiveness what do you think you and i will reap?. Believing you escape the great law, truth and principle of reaping what we sow because you have believed in Jesus, is a doctrine of demons.
Unconditional forgiveness shall be when all judgments by the outer courts are finished, which means just as it states.

You think because you can attempt to earn some fancy earmarks of where the left hand goes it expels the righteous.

You may forgive all you want to but that is not the way it works in the real world of man where he sues for injustices.

Christians have had quite enough of the amount of daily anarchy they have been subject to administered as by devils.

That you must insist BaptistFundie is even remotely like you, or near to it, go enjoy the ditch made by your own hands.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:31 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How you are not seeing the great truth and principle of reaping and sowing and that it is not just applied in one instance towards a few church members who have held a few quid back for a teacher, is beyond belief considering you believe yourself to be a bible student. You and i if we reap to the flesh FROM THE FLESH shall reap punishment, destruction or whtever you want to call it, there i no escaping this great law, and no amount of hollering the blood of Jesus or pleading it will not prevent it. The only way of preventing it is BY walking in unconditional forgiveness towards all things and repenting from it the moment we are aware of what we have sown. So if you and i sow unconditional forgiveness what do you think you and i will reap?. Believing you escape the great law, truth and principle of reaping what we sow because you have believed in Jesus, is a doctrine of demons.
I'm sorry, but your doctrine of salvation by forgiving simply is not found in Scripture. It goes contrary to the Bible, even. I can only imagine what Paul would have said to you regarding this new Gospel that was not preached by the apostles.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:38 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but your doctrine of salvation by forgiving simply is not found in Scripture. It goes contrary to the Bible, even. I can only imagine what Paul would have said to you regarding this new Gospel that was not preached by the apostles.
It's everywhere if you have eyes to see beyond a blood sacrifice vengeful you get what you deserve mentality.

Father Forgive Baptist Fundy for he does not know what he's doing thinking and believing the way he does. Thank you Father that you always here me and answer prayer.

Job done BP, now be transformed by the renewal of the mind.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:45 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's everywhere if you have eyes to see beyond a blood sacrifice vengeful you get what you deserve mentality.

Father Forgive Baptist Fundy for he does not know what he's doing thinking and believing the way he does. Thank you Father that you always here me and answer prayer.

Job done BP, now be transformed by the renewal of the mind.
Sorry. I'd rather choose to believe the Bible. You know..where it says that Jesus died for us, he is our propitiation, he turns away God's wrath, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity