Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 07:49 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times

Advertisements

I'm not going to even justify your accusations with answers because it's clear where you stand with God. Nothing I would say to you would convince you otherwise. All I'm going to say is this much. I've read several Heaven and Hell testimonies. People in Heaven cannot ever see what is going on in Hell. They don't even know whose there. But they can see and pray for their family members on Earth. There is a huge portal in Heaven where they gather and see their families and all the special events that happened such as a baby being born, birthdays, graduations, and etc. They pray for you and upon your life so that you make it to Heaven. That means Trimac, all your families members that made it to Heaven (even to the fifth and sixth generations back) are praying upon your life so that you not only make it to Heaven but that you will be a living testimony to the saving power of Jesus Christ in your life. You ultimately have the choice of whether or not you want to be there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 08:02 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm not going to even justify your accusations with answers because it's clear where you stand with God. Nothing I would say to you would convince you otherwise. All I'm going to say is this much. I've read several Heaven and Hell testimonies. People in Heaven cannot ever see what is going on in Hell. They don't even know whose there. But they can see and pray for their family members on Earth. There is a huge portal in Heaven where they gather and see their families and all the special events that happened such as a baby being born, birthdays, graduations, and etc. They pray for you and upon your life so that you make it to Heaven. That means Trimac, all your families members that made it to Heaven (even to the fifth and sixth generations back) are praying upon your life so that you not only make it to Heaven but that you will be a living testimony to the saving power of Jesus Christ in your life. You ultimately have the choice of whether or not you want to be there.
What 'accusations'? Isn't what I said a statement of fact. And don't presume to know where I stand with God.

Well the sad fact is very few if any of my ancestors are in heaven, now, unless there's something we don't know. Most of them were Buddhists or adherents of other faiths (aside from my grandmother who is now deceased) so I guess if I make it to Heaven I'll be watching them in hell, that'll be fun. If that's the kind of Heaven God has set up I'm not sure I'd want that. I do want to embrace a loving God, but I just can't accept what some people say about him. I just can't relate to a God who will watch people suffer forever.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
What 'accusations'? Isn't what I said a statement of fact. And don't presume to know where I stand with God.

Well the sad fact is very few if any of my ancestors are in heaven, now, unless there's something we don't know. Most of them were Buddhists or adherents of other faiths (aside from my grandmother who is now deceased) so I guess if I make it to Heaven I'll be watching them in hell, that'll be fun. If that's the kind of Heaven God has set up I'm not sure I'd want that. I do want to embrace a loving God, but I just can't accept what some people say about him. I just can't relate to a God who will watch people suffer forever.
You just don't get it. There is no point. Unless you have faith to trust in him and fear him, you will never understand. I made the choice a long time ago that I didn't give a crap who went to Hell or not. I was going to go to Heaven no matter what. I didn't care if my entire family went to Hell (which they won't), I was still going to make it. When I choose to believe Jesus Christ is my savior, I chose to take up the cross and leave the world behind. I chose to love no one first but him. Because not only did I want to go to Heaven, I wasn't going to go to a Hell even if I thought it existed or not. I cannot risk my own soul for what-if's. I chose to believe what Jesus did for me on the cross and that's that. I separate myself from the world and cling to him because of the promise he made. Everything else after that, he will reveal to you.

God knows how many questions I've asked regarding Heaven, Hell, people, my spirit, etc. I've had every single one answered and now understand the Bible I read. That is the reason I am so on fire for him now. I don't speak so zealously because I am blindly Christian. I speak this way because of what I have experienced, learned, and where he has taken me in this life. If it wasn't true, I wouldn't be arguing with you. If you want to receive the same knowledge I have, you have to first make the choice that you want to go to Heaven. Because some people only want to go to Heaven on their own conditions. Doesn't work that way. You either want to go to Heaven or you don't. When you make the choice that you do and will leave your love of the world behind to get there, you will have no problem getting the truth.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Yeah maybe I should say 'to hell with everybody else' (literally), I don't wanna go there so I will do whatever it takes. And when I get here, when I see people in Hell, I'm going to understand it, even enjoy it, because everything in Heaven is supposed to be enjoyable and for God's glory.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I don't know ... I think I'm pretty familiar with Jesus' parables and I sure don't remember anything like that.

In both Matthew 12 and Luke 11 it is recorded that Jesus said, "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." But nothing about slaying anyone at his feet. I mean, people poured oil on his feet, they sat at his feet and listened to his teaching, they even fell at his feet to give him thanks for healing ... and then, Jesus washed other people's feet. But I simply can't recall any time when he said anything about bringing his enemies to him so they could be slain at his feet.
You know what - I was having trouble remembering any such parable as that too. Perhaps he is jumping in his mind over to the book of Revelation - another book that is replete with symbolic language ?

Old 11-12-2012, 09:32 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,380,811 times
Quote:
Will the saved looked upon the unsaved in hell?
Sure! There will even be an ambrosia dispenser next to them and an individual tempature/torture control so Thomas Aquinas, Tertullian and TwinSpin can be like "Take that, Pelagius! Take that, pcamps! AHH HA HA HA!".... Ok, as usual, just kidding about Twin, but I wouldn't be surprised if those actual Church Fathers would try to ask God for such a thing when the got to heaven (assuming they did). To me, their "theological advancements" will always be stained by their sadistic revenge theology ideas.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:38 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
You know what - I was having trouble remembering any such parable as that too. Perhaps he is jumping in his mind over to the book of Revelation - another book that is replete with symbolic language ?
I don't think so ... I jumped the gun. I found the parable he was talking about, it just doesn't mean what he thinks it does ... imo.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Yeah maybe I should say 'to hell with everybody else' (literally), I don't wanna go there so I will do whatever it takes. And when I get here, when I see people in Hell, I'm going to understand it, even enjoy it, because everything in Heaven is supposed to be enjoyable and for God's glory.
That's right. To Hell with everybody else. Because I only have one soul and I'm not risking it for everybody else to burn in an eternal inferno. Call me selfish. Don't really care. I choose to go to Heaven.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:19 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
That's right. To Hell with everybody else. Because I only have one soul and I'm not risking it for everybody else to burn in an eternal inferno. Call me selfish. Don't really care. I choose to go to Heaven.

I have to say, you are the most honest ETer I have ever "met".

Someday you'll be able to see that believing that God would burn people in an eternal inferno, and living in fear that God will throw you away, too, if you somehow displease him, is what forces you to be selfish. Being selfish and caring about no one but yourself IS hell. And someday you will experience that heaven is loving others as you love yourself.

Believe the truth, allenk ... God loves you unconditionally, and God loves us all.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:10 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Isaiah 66:24:

And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.

Many early Church fathers, such as Tertullian, Augustine and later on Calvin, Edwards.etc rejoiced at the prospect of viewing the suffering of the damned from Heaven. I won't repeat what they said, but some even say that it will bring a feeling of joy to them. How many Christians here respect such men?

How do you feel about looking at the suffering of the damned in hell while in heaven? I mean it seems a clearly established belief in the early Church, and there's the Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man. Almost a smug, 'I told you so'...

Will God/Jesus, the Angels and the saints look into this fiery pit of sulphur or whatever it really is, and see these souls/bodies (supernaturally ressurrected for the SOLE PURPOSE OF SUFFERING!) watching their screams of agony, like some kind of freak show or Roman circus? Can you truly imagine the merciful Lord and Saviour doing this? Will he be enjoying it? Will believers enjoy it when they see their relatives, their family members, and their fellow humans in such unbelievable pain and praise God?

If you believe that the verse I quoted refers to this, it's not an easy one to escape. There's no pity, just that they'll be loathed. How does anyone who believes God truly loves everyone, even those who send themselves to Hell, reconcile this? 'I love you but I'm going to torture you forever and watch for WHAT REASON?' Sadistic pleasure? Is God not a God of goodness, love, mercy...even Satan wouldn't be endlessly amused by human suffering, I don't think, so why the flip would a good God be? It boggles the mind.
I think yes--perhaps that will happen. And God will be glorified. Justice will be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity