Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 10:58 AM

88,732 posts, read 85,080,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashpa View Post
I mean now I don't believe the whole thing about God not helping people financially is true. He probably answers to some individuals with their financial problems. I know that we face other extraordinary problems as a world superpower. I'm not saying the USA should have a right to be condescending of everyone else, I really do believe he should help all countries no matter what their condition. I understand God must work in mysterious ways, but doesn't he eventually carry out his outcome in the end? And why does God seem so jealous that he can't help anybody who doesn't think they need him? So I as a believer have to be responsibly held for my own government that infringes on my rights to freedom and prosperity because of non-believers?
You are kidding, right? You're in the USA. Very few people here are starving. Most people have shelter and food and clothing and heat and medicine, far, far more than in many other places on the planet.

As for the answer to your questions, I think we already have a response in the form of "WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I LAID THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE EARTH...?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 10:02 AM

13 posts, read 21,186 times
We have fallen away from God as a society and rather than help this country God is sytematically destroying it . You go God! Your an awesome God!

Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,468,234 times
The downfall of this country is inevitable. it has to happen, when it does, our faith will be tested. You can feel our destruction in the air. if you watch TV you can see it everywhere. it is like that boiling frog analogy. Our card had been called, it is our turn to fall, and fall we will. Just keep you eyes on Christ.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:39 AM

865 posts, read 2,505,017 times
I have to laugh every time I read another post about how wretched and sinful our country is. God cares about us as INDIVIDUALS and we as INDIVIDUALS have the responsibility to respond to his grace with our actions. If we all concentrated on this instead of blaming our "sinful" society and griping how our nation has fallen away from God, we'd all be a lot better off.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:22 AM

167 posts, read 180,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashpa View Post
I mean now I don't believe the whole thing about God not helping people financially is true. He probably answers to some individuals with their financial problems. I know that we face other extraordinary problems as a world superpower. I'm not saying the USA should have a right to be condescending of everyone else, I really do believe he should help all countries no matter what their condition. I understand God must work in mysterious ways, but doesn't he eventually carry out his outcome in the end? And why does God seem so jealous that he can't help anybody who doesn't think they need him? So I as a believer have to be responsibly held for my own government that infringes on my rights to freedom and prosperity because of non-believers?
If the end of this system, that is, the kingdoms of men, should come to its conclusion which one of them would each of us have faith in. The one we were born in or God's kingdom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity