Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 08:36 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,339,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Rick Warren is on the board of advisors. He's using the movie to preach a series. He's doing a fairly big marketing campaign to promote his ministry with it.
So you think the miniseries was produced, and is being televised, for the purpose of promoting Saddleback Church? Bishop T.D. Jakes is publicizing it as well. There is a marketing campaign with tools for other churches to use. (Home viewing parties, etc.) The producers have stated one of their goals is to reach people who have never been to church.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-13-2013 at 08:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 08:27 AM

89,064 posts, read 85,670,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well the men outside didn't want the daughters they wanted the men so Lot might have known his offer would not be taken. The men refused to take the daughters. One needs to read the whole paragraph, not just a few words.
I'd go farther than that. One needs to read the entire STORY, not just some of the paragraphs.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:30 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,236,404 times
Ok, they did it again - the first time I let it slide, but why pass up the best scriptures that glorify God?

Last week, David downs Goliath - but before hand, we see some serious dialog between the two that was left out:

Goliath: "Am I a dog, that you come at me with sticks?" And the Philistine cursed David by his gods. "Come here," he said, "and I'll give your flesh to the birds and the wild animals!".

David: "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hands, and I'll strike you down and cut off your head.

This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's, and He will give all of you into our hands."

How can they leave that out??!!

And the latest - Nebuchadnezzar is restored! Hello!!

At the end of the days I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High, and praised and honored Him who lives forever, for His dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom endures from generation to generation;

All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and He does according to His will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay His hand or say to Him, “What have you done?”

That's excellent stuff - I understand only hitting the high points, but they're missing the high points!!

Old 03-18-2013, 02:33 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,588,393 times
Default Show producers under fire for casting Obama look-alike as Satan

Show producers under fire for casting Obama look-alike as Satan - Los Angeles Strange News | Examiner.com

I never noticed it myself. Geesh.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:29 PM

367 posts, read 372,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Perhaps they have cast the part correctly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity