Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 06:09 PM

367 posts, read 370,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
But, in your opinon His death had nothing to do with satisfying God's justice?
I am finding his math not to be up to par. His claims do not add up, if you know what I mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 06:13 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No Mr Jarber the lake of fire is not eternal hell. And you only need to take a look back over the fiery debates over last few years how fundamentalists have thought tooth and nail that Sheol, Gehenna, hades and Tartarus all mean the same thing to them. Sheol,Gehenna,hades and Tartarus to most Christians means one thing eternal hell, that they falsely believe Jesus came to save them from(Jesus Christ saved no one from eternal hell).The Universalists on here at the very least have proven without doubt the misuse and the mistranslation of the word of hell.
I fo not recall seeing anyone argue Sheol,Gehenna,hades and Tartarus are all the same thing, and even if someone has argued it, I can assure you that I HAVE NOT.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:25 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
I fo not recall seeing anyone argue Sheol,Gehenna,hades and Tartarus are all the same thing, and even if someone has argued it, I can assure you that I HAVE NOT.
I'm pretty sure you that you do not see the correct translation of these words in your bible, and the the biggest obstacle for the Universalsts that I seen since posting on this forum is,them trying to convince Fundamentalsts that the words Sheol Gehenna hades and Tartarus have been mistranslated to mean the eternal hell that you have faith you are saved from.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:26 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus had to die because He was a man and all men die. If you mean why did He have to die the horrendous way He did at the time He did . . . it was because of the savage and barbaric nature and beliefs (sins = missing the mark) of our ignorant ancestors (Who knew not what they did!). Blaming it on God the Father continued that barbaric ignorance and corrupted Christ's original and only Good News message of God's love for us ALL. His rebirth as Spirit (resurrection) removed all fear of death and equipped us ALL with His Holy Spirit (Comforter) within our consciousness to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." If only we would sincerely seek the truth in our hearts with His guidance!!!
Quote:
So, in your opinon His death had nothing to do with satisfying God's justice?
Quote:
It had everything to do with satisfying God's PROMISE to us. In Prophesy God promised us a Messiah who would teach us righteousness. He told us how to identify Him; What His status is; How He would be treated by us; and How to validate Him through prophesy even beyond His death. Jesus REDEEMED that promise and exemplified God's true nature unambiguously even through scourging and death. His rebirth as Spirit (resurrection) removed all fear of death and provided His Holy Spirit (Comforter) to us in our consciousness to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" so we would not need anyone to teach us.
Quote:
But, in your opinon His death had nothing to do with satisfying God's justice?
Moderator cut: deleted It had to do with redeeming God's promise to us, period! Our ignorant ancestors' beliefs in a vengeful, jealous, and egotistical War God thought God's justice (a human creation) had to be satisfied or appeased by blood sacrifice. That was the only kind of God they had ever known. Christ and His Father of Love and forgiveness was totally alien to them.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-17-2013 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 04-16-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you that you do not see the correct translation of these words in your bible
Well, I don't think you understand the correct translation of these words either

Old 04-16-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Well, I don't think you understand the correct translation of these words either
What I do know is they do not mean is that they are a place of eternal torment that Jesus came to save us from.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
What I do know is they do not mean is that they are a place of eternal torment that Jesus came to save us from.
That's what your 'inner serpent' told you, but you must remember he was a liar from the begining.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
That's what your 'inner serpent' told you, but you must remember he was a liar from the begining.
Can you quote a bible verse that states that Jesus Christ saved us from eternal hell(your favorite verse in the whole wide world John 3:16 does not say that he saved us from eternal hell). The belief in this is the cause of mainstream Christianity being a dead religion.

Here's a bible verse that clearly what God saved us for not from. Which by the way also answers the OP.
Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities. acts 3:26

Old 04-16-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I often say to myself get behind me satan.

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:13 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
It had everything to do with satisfying God's PROMISE to us. In Prophesy God promised us a Messiah who would teach us righteousness. He told us how to identify Him; What His status is; How He would be treated by us; and How to validate Him through prophesy even beyond His death. Jesus REDEEMED that promise and exemplified God's true nature unambiguously even through scourging and death. His rebirth as Spirit (resurrection) removed all fear of death and provided His Holy Spirit (Comforter) to us in our consciousness to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" so we would not need anyone to teach us.
Quote:
I assume by this repetitive query that you have a reading problem. It had to do with redeeming God's promise to us, period! Our ignorant ancestors' beliefs in a vengeful, jealous, and egotistical War God thought God's justice (a human creation) had to be satisfied or appeased by blood sacrifice. That was the only kind of God they had ever known. Christ and His Father of Love and forgiveness was totally alien to them.
Quote:
Oh, sorry, I thought your failure to address the question meant you did not understand the question, so I repeated it. Now I understand you simply do not want to answer it directly. No worries.
Are you serious?? You do not see an answer in my TWO posts? I was only being facetious in suggesting you have a reading problem . . . but if you REALLY do not see that I answered your question I am not so sure. Do you or do you not see that I answered your question???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity