Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 02:49 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,980,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
This is the type of rationalizing that God is going to bring to nothing as He is confounding the wisdom of the wise and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

I do believe there will be SEVERE penalties for those that are not preaching Salvation through the cross by Faith in Jesus Christ.

Continue in prideful rebellion or repent in Humble submission through Christ.

The fate for false teachers is "darkness reserved forever" according to 2 peter 2.

What do you think the penalty will be for attempting to lead Christ's sheep astray? Just read the book of Jude and 2 peter 2 to find out.
Mikelee81, that is great you believe in preaching salvation through the cross by Faith in Jesus Christ.

Do you also honor God in being obedient to 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11 (concentrating on verse 11)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 02:50 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The point is, you all say that you can praise God no matter what. If you are praising God, you are offering God grateful homage for everything God does. If you can't take comfort in and be grateful for your belief that God will allow others to be tormented for eternity, that should raise a red flag in your mind and soul that what you are believing about God is not good. If you ARE grateful for the idea that others will be tormented for eternity, it should raise a red flag in your mind about the state of your own soul.
Excellent point.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear God, I thank Thee that Thou tellest us to love them which hate us and do good to those who use and abuse us but YOU, Oh Great and Mighty God, we adore Thee that Thou hatest thine enemies and doest bad to those who abuse you. We thank Thee oh great and magnificently hypocritical God that we love greater than Thee. Your love is conditional whilst ours is unconditional. We thank Thee that Thou makest us to look good.
But we have to choose to be unconditionally loved to escape eternal hell

Old 04-15-2013, 02:55 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Are you greatful for war? How about famine? How abour rape? Disease? Torture? Mental torment? Death? Pain? Sorrow? There are many facts of life you do not have to be greatful for, but they are still facts of life and they do not go away by you denying them.

PS You are off topic.

So are you.

Humanity has brought about much evil through their own will being out of harmony with the will of God who is Love. Personally, I'm grateful that God's will is to bring us all back into harmony with Love, thereby eradicating sin in all of us, and that God's will is not to allow anyone to be swallowed up in the torment of sin and it's effects for eternity. Whereas you don't seem to be able to take comfort in what you believe is God's will. Does that tell you anything?

Old 04-15-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear God, I thank Thee that Thou tellest us to love them which hate us and do good to those who use and abuse us but YOU, Oh Great and Mighty God, we adore Thee that Thou hatest thine enemies and doest bad to those who abuse you. We thank Thee oh great and magnificently hypocritical God that we love greater than Thee. Your love is conditional whilst ours is unconditional. We thank Thee that Thou makest us to look good.
How is it that any of us former ET believers missed the irony of what we professed for as long as we did?

Old 04-15-2013, 03:13 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,857 times
A friend said to me today about the scriptures::

"Every time you see words that seem like ''hard words, judgement, etc.'' you will always see mercy words following them for mercy follows judgement........the judgement of the Lord is really mercy too, God doth all things well. Don't be afraid of the tough words, God only rids us of what we wish was gone anyway; the bad nature."

I think she is quite right. God's judgements are perfect. Man's judgements are often wrong.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:16 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Humanity has brought about much evil through their own will being out of harmony with the will of God who is Love. Personally, I'm grateful that God's will is to bring us all back into harmony with Love, thereby eradicating sin in all of us, and that God's will is not to allow anyone to be swallowed up in the torment of sin and it's effects for eternity. Whereas you don't seem to be able to take comfort in what you believe is God's will. Does that tell you anything?
It tells me that you have missed the point. Even God does not take pleasure in the death of the wicked, but He allows them to die anyway. He says He is pleased when they TURN from their evil ways and come back to Him. Unfortunately not everyone turns to Him. Jesus said of Judas that it would have been better if he had not been born, but He did not change the fate of Judas.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
How is it that any of us former ET believers missed the irony of what we professed for as long as we did?
I would say Fear( of God)of looking at what we believe.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It tells me that you have missed the point.
What does it tell you about your beliefs, that you are unable to be grateful for and take comfort in what you believe God will do in allowing people to be tormented forever?

Old 04-15-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I would say Fear( of God)of looking at what we believe.
I believe that is true, pcamps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity