Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 07:36 PM

278 posts, read 910,585 times

Advertisements

I would imagine God trying to describe to us what life, or people, will be like in heaven would be much like us trying to explain how a television works to someone in the dark ages. His ways are so much greater than our own, as humans, until we can't comprehend it at this time. That's what He said...so that's what I rely on. Whatever it is....I'm sure it's wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 08:14 PM

364 posts, read 766,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I thought you said it is written in the bible that God will not force people to do anything?
And even if he did force people,the scripture says in Philippians 2:10-11
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

How can it be to the Glory of God if they are being forced against their will?

I'm talking about in this life aftter we are dead everyone will bowl to Jesus

Old 01-10-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Are you following Christ because you are afraid of the lake of fire or because you recognize that he is God and deserving of your love and praise? If your only reason is out of pure fear then your heart is not in the right place. I hear this a lot. People say..well, there is no need to worship God because I`m going to be saved anyway so I can do whatever I want. That is wrong and what is that saying about where that person`s heart really is? We have said many,many many times. You will still face God`s wrath. This is not about second chances. That`s like a christian saying when they are faced with temptation for the moment,well I`ll go ahead and give in to my temptation now but then I will ask God to forgive me when I`m done and he will. It`s the same thing. I won`t follow God in this life but I`ll ask for forgiveness in the next age and be saved. We are not saying you won`t suffer God`s wrath. He will discipline you. No one get`s away with disobediance.

Spam I not a christian because of fear and you still did not give me a clear answer yes or No will there be people cast into the lake of fire?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
[quote/]

This reference was given in response to your statement here:

He will subject all according to this passage, not just those who pick to serve the Lord. Those who you believe pick and serve Jesus are already subjected to Him. God bless.

show me where All refers to murders liras etc... sorry but scripture it self prove this wrong.

it clear they will not make heaven do you believe the bible when it says no lirars murders or anything ungoldy will enter heaven?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
He will draw all to Himself then and He will draw all to Himself because all are reunited in Him. When the ruler of this world is cast out, he will no longer have power, influence over the lives of men. All men belong to Jesus Christ, not satan. All things were made for Jesus, not satan and it was God's good pleasure to reconcile the same all that were made through and for Jesus Christ to Himself.

*draw=Helkuo=to drag, is used of Jesus on the cross drawing by His love, is used as in the drawing of a net (Hebrew/Greek Key Word Study Bible/Spiros Zodhiates, Th.D

usage in other scriptures with correlated word

John 6:44
"No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draws him..."

Sept. Song of Solomon1:4
"Draw me after you and let us run together!"

Jeremiah 31:3
"Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness..."

drawing by inward power, by divine impulse

God bless

sorry but ever read the sheep and goat jesus says or the wheat and tarr somthign forget what he said.

jesus said the wheat is what is good and the weeds of it is what is cast into the fire. you should read the story

Old 01-10-2008, 08:25 PM

When all are subjected God will be all in all, so this tells me that the second death has to do with the destruction of all that is sinful in mankind, and I believe in all that is sinful in all of whomever is cast into the lake of fire. The book of Revelations is filled symbols and so I believe that there is likely that the lake of fire is symbolic of something. It is very interesting that this body water is called a lake. God bless.

its very clear The names that refer to cast into the lake of fire are names who live once on this earth

Old 01-10-2008, 08:34 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,167,331 times
Quote:
But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep.21. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead.22. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.23. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming,24. then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has *abolished all rule and all authority and power.25. For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.26. The last enemy that will be abolished is death.27. For HE HAS PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET. But when He says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him.28. When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all. (caps from the translation)

show me where All refers to murders liras etc... sorry but scripture it self prove this wrong.

it clear they will not make heaven do you believe the bible when it says no lirars murders or anything ungoldy will enter heaven?
Hi HistoryasIs, this passage says that it was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself. And all will be subjected that He may be all in all. Yes, I do believe that no liars, murderers, and anything ungodly will not enter the kingdom of heaven. When God becomes all in all there will be no liars, murderers and anything ungodly. God bless.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown
He will draw all to Himself then and He will draw all to Himself because all are reunited in Him. When the ruler of this world is cast out, he will no longer have power, influence over the lives of men. All men belong to Jesus Christ, not satan. All things were made for Jesus, not satan and it was God's good pleasure to reconcile the same all that were made through and for Jesus Christ to Himself.

*draw=Helkuo=to drag, is used of Jesus on the cross drawing by His love, is used as in the drawing of a net (Hebrew/Greek Key Word Study Bible/Spiros Zodhiates, Th.D

usage in other scriptures with correlated word

John 6:44
"No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draws him..."

Sept. Song of Solomon1:4
"Draw me after you and let us run together!"

Jeremiah 31:3
"Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness..."

drawing by inward power, by divine impulse

God bless

sorry but ever read the sheep and goat jesus says or the wheat and tarr somthign forget what he said.

jesus said the wheat is what is good and the weeds of it is what is cast into the fire. you should read the story
Hi HistoryasIs, I have read this. Have you read that all will be subjected to God and that He will be all in all when all are subjected to Him? God bless.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
When all are subjected God will be all in all, so this tells me that the second death has to do with the destruction of all that is sinful in mankind, and I believe in all that is sinful in all of whomever is cast into the lake of fire. The book of Revelations is filled symbols and so I believe that there is likely that the lake of fire is symbolic of something. It is very interesting that this body water is called a lake. God bless.
Quote:
its very clear The names that refer to cast into the lake of fire are names who live once on this earth
I agree. God bless.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Hi HistoryasIs, this passage says that it was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself. And all will be subjected that He may be all in all. Yes, I do believe that no liars, murderers, and anything ungodly will not enter the kingdom of heaven. When God becomes all in all there will be no liars, murderers and anything ungodly. God bless.

well to that ink that guy preach Jesus is the lake of fire but he suppporting of it is very questable do to words have more then one meaning in greek.

he believe the lake of fire to believe simailr like The catholic view of purgatory.

that the lake of fire is where our sins are tormment well us torment to work off our sins.

Plus half of the verses he use are a far stregnth well to me about the lake of fire.

let me ask you a question if no lairs etc.. will enter heaven will do they Go.

he says jesus is the lake of fire here is the question.

if people olnly go there to get tomentent to earse their sin like that link said but scripture says satan is also cast into the lake of fire.

Do you believe satan will get another chance to remind in the lake of fire liek scripture says?

I view the lake of fire two ways one forver or the other it can be the ones who reject Jesus will just poof like never was just burn up no torment nothing and that being the second death
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity