Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2008, 02:30 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,167,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
salvation is not force on a person.

God will subject all to Himself that He may be all in all (1 Corin. 15), HistoryasIs. Did Jesus say that He would draw all only if they accepted His condition? (John 12)

The words of Jesus:

31. "Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.32. "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."

God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 02:32 PM

364 posts, read 766,043 times
Willeth signifies the gracious desire of God that all will be saved; not all are willing to accept His condition, depriving themselves either by the self-established criterion of their perverted reason, or because of their self-indulgent preference for sin.

from the greek lexicon of the new testament notice these words

not all are willing to accept His condition,

from mine words i believe for all of those do accpet he will draw all of them to him.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
God will subject all to Himself that He may be all in all (1 Corin. 15), HistoryasIs. Did Jesus say that He would draw all only if they accepted His condition? (John 8) God bless.

he will subject all those who pick to serve the lord.

and yes The bible says if you draw near to God then will draw near to you not other away around in that sense.

you should read jesus own words.

not everyone who calles me lord will enter heaven do you deny his own words?

Old 01-10-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Willeth signifies the gracious desire of God that all will be saved; not all are willing to accept His condition, depriving themselves either by the self-established criterion of their perverted reason, or because of their self-indulgent preference for sin
This sounds like someone's commentary. Please post the link. I will post from another source on the Greek for the word when I get home, Lord willing. Thanks. God bless.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:37 PM

he wll draw all men to hsi self when the time is to dividethe sheep from the goats he will

Old 01-10-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
This sounds like someone's commentary. Please post the link. I will post from another source on the Greek for the word when I get home, Lord willing. Thanks. God bless.

its not an link it on strong exhaustive corcordance of the bible and yes what you say might be an commentary but when i see how the word is in greek I agree with him.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
he will subject all those who pick to serve the lord.
The passage says all, HistoryasIs. His enemies will be put under His feet.

But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep.21. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead.22. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.23. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming,24. then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has *abolished all rule and all authority and power.25. For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.26. The last enemy that will be abolished is death.27. For HE HAS PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET. But when He says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him.28. When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all. (caps from the translation)

*abolished=rendered powerless, made of no effect

All subjected to Him.

Quote:
and yes The bible says if you draw near to God then will draw near to you not other away around in that sense.
Jesus has also said that He will draw all men to Himself. Please see above verse.

Quote:
you should read jesus own words.
I have and I agree and accept all of them, even the ones where He says that He will draw all men to Himself and that He will destroy the works of satan Satan will be cast out.

Quote:
not everyone who calles me lord will enter heaven do you deny his own words?

Not everyone who calls me Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven is what Jesus said. Jesus also spoke of the ages and so I understand this in terms of the ages. The apostle Paul who was instructed by Jesus also said that one day all will be reunited in Him. The apostle Paul instructed by the Lord also said that that one day the creation/creature will be delivered and changed into the glorious freedom of the children of God. (Romans 8)

We should probably get back to the QP.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-10-2008 at 02:55 PM..

Old 01-10-2008, 02:57 PM

But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep.21. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead.22. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.23. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming,24. then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.25. For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.26. The last enemy that will be abolished is death.27. For HE HAS PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET. But when He says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him.28. When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all. (caps from the translation)

i already reply to that but show me where satan his demons followers of him will be in heaven?

Old 01-10-2008, 02:58 PM

Jesus has also said that He will draw all men to Himself. Please see above verse.

yes he will draw all to his self when it time to show who is the sheeps and the goats

Old 01-10-2008, 02:59 PM

Not everyone who calls me Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven is what Jesus said. Jesus also spoke of the ages and so I understand this in terms of the ages. The apostle Paul who was instructed by Jesus also said that one day all will be reunited in Him. The apostle Paul instructed by the Lord also said that that one day the creation/creature will be delivered and changed into the glorious freedom of the children of God. (Romans 8)

key word in bold
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity