Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:26 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times

Advertisements

I just hope I will look better in a brand new young spiritual body Barring any accidents or illness to my good friends, I will more than likely get there first..Don't know if He will let me make one last post or not, but if he does I will let cha know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 10:07 PM
AT9

691 posts, read 1,219,299 times
Although I get what you guys mean by "looking better", looks are pure vanity. Will we really care what we look like when we are in heaven? I think we will no longer judge other by how they look, or ourselves, and we will see each others souls and not judge them by their pysical features.

I just think that in heaven we won't care what we look like as we do here. I think that (as far fetched as this is ) between someone who looks like Rosie O'Donald and someone who looks like Jessica Alba, their pysical appeal will be irrelevent.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:40 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times
I believe that in heaven we'll be just like Him the Creator in our glorified bodies and we'll be brothers and sisters .

Old 10-31-2007, 10:18 AM

292 posts, read 934,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothylogan3 View Post
When I was 23yrs old my mum died. At that moment I knew deep within me that we shall meet again and be happy, and all she went through because of cance will be gone. But at the same time I was very sad, because I knew the relationship we had is over. When we meet again we wont have that mother and son relationship. I regreted having not loved her more as my mum in this life. I believe when we are in heaven we shall be as angels. Not married, no kids, just sons of God and the bride of Christ. However it appears theres a possibility we shall look like we do now - consider Revelation 7:9, where John sees a multitude in heaven from all tribes, tongues, nations. Now from this verse it appears we carry our ethincity, hence phiscal attributes, not phiscal bodies , over to heaven. Ofcourse this verse is open to wide range of interpretation, I am merely presenting a possibility. BTW - if you look closely at what bible has to say during the new heaven and earth, you will notice that we have many diffirent groups of people that are part of this new world - amongst the lot you have the bride of Christ, who stays within the new jerusalem and is part of it, and then you also have the nations that come to worship and be healed at the new Jerusalem.
Such a heart touching post! My parents have both died as well. Only yesterday I was in tears thinking how much I loved my dad and that as a child I never told him how much! The time he took out for me meant so much as I was one of nine children.
My hope is in seeing them again as well as other family members I loved and lost.
I believe we will have glorified bodies and will know one another in the Spirit.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:54 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,066 times
Read the book, Heaven, by Randy Alcorn. It is an amazing book that is completely based on scripture. While there is definitely speculation in the book, a lot of what he says makes a lot of sense.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:06 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
Well I believe that in heaven there are no restrictions, the way I imagine it, is an ethereal world composed of light and energy only, with the power of our thoughts we can change our appereance at will, some people will choose to look as they looked when they were young, others would choose to look older, others would choose to have weird appereances (green hair, purple skin, etc) we could still have kids but we wouldn't need to be physically together as we do in this physical world, we would just have to wish for them to appear, I guess that there would be also parties, where we will be together with Christ and other great men of God remembering our mortal woes and having a toast in the name of God, God will be there sitting together with us smiling, because his Childrens are finally at home.

Love and Light

Old 11-01-2007, 08:21 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Well I believe that in heaven there are no restrictions, the way I imagine it, is an ethereal world composed of light and energy only, with the power of our thoughts we can change our appereance at will, some people will choose to look as they looked when they were young, others would choose to look older, others would choose to have weird appereances (green hair, purple skin, etc) we could still have kids but we wouldn't need to be physically together as we do in this physical world, we would just have to wish for them to appear, I guess that there would be also parties, where we will be together with Christ and other great men of God remembering our mortal woes and having a toast in the name of God, God will be there sitting together with us smiling, because his Childrens are finally at home.

Love and Light
Oh! Well in that case, I'll look like a cross between Cal Ripken and Fabio.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:26 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Smile Heaven by Randy Alcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Read the book, Heaven, by Randy Alcorn. It is an amazing book that is completely based on scripture. While there is definitely speculation in the book, a lot of what he says makes a lot of sense.
Hoosier, I just picked up and started reading a copy of this book. So far, it's been very good and as you said, very biblically based. When he gives his opinion, he seems to give you the scriptures to back it up.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:08 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Hoosier, I just picked up and started reading a copy of this book. So far, it's been very good and as you said, very biblically based. When he gives his opinion, he seems to give you the scriptures to back it up.
Great! You will enjoy it for sure. We actually talked about heaven in my systematic theology class last week. The professor had read this book as well. A few other students had heard of the book. Randy Alcorn gives some amazing detail. I did learn that you should read it as a book, and not skip around or you will get easily lost in what he is saying. Great stuff here!!

Old 11-03-2007, 09:17 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,711 times
I read the book by Randy Alcorn and it is good reading. The author states that he spent 25 years of his life researching Scripture so he bases his information/thoughts on what he gleaned from it. Whatever heaven is like, it will be incredibly wonderful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity