Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 01:02 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Jones View Post
OK, I come up with "the" and "in". What does that mean?
Hi Nathan,
Maybe you picked up the NKJV?

Or something else?
Now you're going to make me reach 2ft for my KJV to check...and I
don't like exercise.

Nope, it's right there, try again, I mean if u want to...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 05:25 PM

33,280 posts, read 26,487,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Would you mind producing the Original Autographs for examination?
It seems likely that even if the original autographs were extant and available, you would not believe them.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It seems likely that even if the original autographs were extant and available, you would not believe them.
I would have to examine them for myself, as there have been many things written by men of great value.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:46 PM

Sorry, I thought this was in black and white and so clear...ok

So 46 words down is shake
46 up is spear...in no other version or translation does
This appear...it is an homage as I said....did I make this up?
No, it was on a Christian calendar at a Methodist Church.

A nod to William Skakespeare's 46 years.

It was a shock to me at the time and the beginning of me
realizing...it is men I don't trust...not my Father or the Holy Spirit or Jesus...
Power hungry, corrupt Men in Power with "agendas".

But, somehow it will turn out I will be some enemy to the Christians on this Forum.
Hey, don't get mad at me as the messenger....I didn't mess with the Bible!

Old 05-02-2013, 05:48 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I would have to examine them for myself, as there have been many things written by men of great value.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:43 AM

58 posts, read 77,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hi Nathan,
Maybe you picked up the NKJV?

Or something else?
Now you're going to make me reach 2ft for my KJV to check...and I
don't like exercise.

Nope, it's right there, try again, I mean if u want to...
No I used the KJV. I see you are not counting the last word nor the heading to arrive at that point. So I guess if you drop off those words from the original you can come up with that.

(1)To (2)the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of (46)the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear (46)in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our (2)refuge. (1)Selah.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:37 PM

Hi Nathon,
I don't know what to say...it did it the first time.
And couple times after that.
Movin on from this, tho.
Luv ya.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH!!! LOL, I see....you're from Minnesota!!!!
That explains everything!!!
Now, i luv ya even MORE!
I just told a Minnesotan joke yesterday!!!!
Spent some time in the Twin Cities, oh yeah.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:07 PM

63,849 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
No I used the KJV. I see you are not counting the last word nor the heading to arrive at that point. So I guess if you drop off those words from the original you can come up with that.
Psalm 46 King James Version (KJV)

46 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake (46) with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear (46) in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

Old 05-03-2013, 07:46 PM

Well, and that's why u have a Phd.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:

(1)To (2)the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of (46)the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
7 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear (46)in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our (2)refuge. (1)Selah.
Quote:
Hi Nathon,
I don't know what to say...it did it the first time.
And couple times after that.
Movin on from this, tho.
Luv ya.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH!!! LOL, I see....you're from Minnesota!!!!
That explains everything!!!
Now, i luv ya even MORE!
I just told a Minnesotan joke yesterday!!!!
Spent some time in the Twin Cities, oh yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Psalm 46 King James Version (KJV)

46 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake (46) with the swelling thereof. Selah.
7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear (46) in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah
Quote:
Well, and that's why u have a Phd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity