Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 07:07 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,412,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd83 View Post
Both of us have never experienced water before and can't swim, but have heard that it might be dangerous. We're sitting on a boat. You say "jump in, you'll be fine." I jump in and drown.
(a) water inhalation killed me.
(b) believing that it wouldn't was directly related to the promise you afforded.

Your message is that it doesn't matter your faith (or even no faith at all), we'll all end up in paradise. If you're wrong and historical Christianity is right,
(b) sin is the cause of my demise
(b) believing that it wouldn't was directly related to the promise you afforded.

Since you are offering salvation of all, not because the Bible is clear on it (since there are countless passages that say contrary), but because it makes us feel better about our family, friends, dead relatives, etc. that we would like to wish into heaven, I would like a guarantee from you that if I end up in hell because of your promise (see b above), we can switch places. If not, and you are not certain of the babble you proclaim, I suggest you study a bit and revise your gospel before you condemn yourself (per Gal. 1).
"In 1Tim. 4:9-11 we are told that the living God `is the Saviour of all mankind, especially of those who believe,' and with this 1Tim. 2: 4-6 concurs. Many seek to limit it to believers, but they overlook the significance of the double statement. That there is a special salvation for believers is plainly stated, but this does not limit the other part of the statement, rather does it emphasize it. The salvation of believers is a special work; they are a special class in the `all mankind.' God's will for mankind is salvation, not as an experimental salvation toying with the will and choice of men, but as their Disposer – God.
My dear brethren, let us embrace this glorious truth which God has revealed for us. Let it so become a part of us that our lives will be reflecting it. Let it fill our hearts with the love of God and His glorious Son. Let us be rendering praise to the living God, the universal Creator and Reconciler, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
`To Him be glory for the eons! Amen!' "
REDEMPTION IN TWO PARTS
God's Plan Of The Ages; The Purpose Of God In This Age; Redemption In Two Parts; As In Adam - So In Christ; Every Man In His Own Order; All Things In Subjection; God All In All
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 07:10 AM

231 posts, read 327,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
Twin, you just will not admit that it is possible that judgment is NOT eternal. Eternal suffering for a finite time of rebellion is NOT justice by any standards.
It is VERY difficult for a westerner, especially American, to understand that sometimes punishment means punishment, not correction. Back in the day, people were punished for their crime (gasp!). Try reading books prior to modernism, immune from this freedom=infinite choices BS that you are fed as a child. Talk about indoctrination.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
"In 1Tim. 4:9-11 we are told that the living God `is the Saviour of all mankind, especially of those who believe,' and with this 1Tim. 2: 4-6 concurs. Many seek to limit it to believers, but they overlook the significance of the double statement. That there is a special salvation for believers is plainly stated, but this does not limit the other part of the statement, rather does it emphasize it. The salvation of believers is a special work; they are a special class in the `all mankind.' God's will for mankind is salvation, not as an experimental salvation toying with the will and choice of men, but as their Disposer – God.
My dear brethren, let us embrace this glorious truth which God has revealed for us. Let it so become a part of us that our lives will be reflecting it. Let it fill our hearts with the love of God and His glorious Son. Let us be rendering praise to the living God, the universal Creator and Reconciler, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
`To Him be glory for the eons! Amen!' "
REDEMPTION IN TWO PARTS
God's Plan Of The Ages; The Purpose Of God In This Age; Redemption In Two Parts; As In Adam - So In Christ; Every Man In His Own Order; All Things In Subjection; God All In All
Common grace. Google it and learn.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Common grace. Google it and learn.
ALL IN ALL – A.E. KNOCH
“The terms translated ‘forever’ and ‘everlasting’ and ‘never’ are human perversions which could never have deceived us if they had been consistently rendered. They denote definite divisions of time called ages or eons. All together they form a distinct portion of time called eonian times. Destruction, like salvation, is eonian. It is not the end or aim of God. God destroys nothing that He will not restore. He loses nothing that will not return to Him laden with praise and glory for Himself. Destruction is a passing process, not a finished goal. Through God it will work out the welfare of all of His creatures and the glory of our Saviour."

Old 05-06-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
ALL IN ALL – A.E. KNOCH
“The terms translated ‘forever’ and ‘everlasting’ and ‘never’ are human perversions which could never have deceived us if they had been consistently rendered. They denote definite divisions of time called ages or eons. All together they form a distinct portion of time called eonian times. Destruction, like salvation, is eonian. It is not the end or aim of God. God destroys nothing that He will not restore. He loses nothing that will not return to Him laden with praise and glory for Himself. Destruction is a passing process, not a finished goal. Through God it will work out the welfare of all of His creatures and the glory of our Saviour."

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Old 05-06-2013, 07:17 AM

Quote:
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln
ABRAHAM LINCOLN QUOTE
"I used to think that it took the smartest kind of man to preach and defend Universalism;
I now think entirely differently.
It is the easiest faith to preach that I have ever heard.
There is more proof in its favor than in any other doctrine I have ever heard.

I have a suit in court here tomorrow and if I had as much proof in its favor
as there is in Universalism, I would go home, and leave my student to take charge of it,
and I should feel perfectly certain that he would gain it."
-Abraham Lincoln
A Southern "Universalist Church" History: Abraham Lincoln, Universalist?

Old 05-06-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
ABRAHAM LINCOLN QUOTE
"I used to think that it took the smartest kind of man to preach and defend Universalism;
I now think entirely differently.
It is the easiest faith to preach that I have ever heard.
There is more proof in its favor than in any other doctrine I have ever heard.

I have a suit in court here tomorrow and if I had as much proof in its favor
as there is in Universalism, I would go home, and leave my student to take charge of it,
and I should feel perfectly certain that he would gain it."
-Abraham Lincoln
A Southern "Universalist Church" History: Abraham Lincoln, Universalist?
"I believe." -demons

Old 05-06-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
"I believe." -demons
Abraham Lincoln to the ET evangelist.
"Your god is my devil."

Old 05-06-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Abraham Lincoln to the ET evangelist.
"Your god is my devil."
Source? (that goes for the previous quote too, other than a blog)

Old 05-06-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Source? (that goes for the previous quote too, other than a blog)
Can't find it at the moment, but I did find the following that Lincoln said.

The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.

God always does things "the best way"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity