Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 09:10 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I have to laugh at some of the comments posted after that 'letter to a lesbian' in your link.

Especially the one where a poster says this:

Then gets the story of the woman caught in adultery (John 8:3) completely wrong. Mary Magdalene was not a prostitute and the story was not about her. It wasn't even about a prostitute. That's the problem with people who use the Bible to condemn others, but don't read the Bible- just watch movies like the Passion of the Christ and make it up as they go along.
You know that how? While the text isn't clear on her being a prostitute, it is clear that she had some history.

In any event, her making the assumption regarding Mary's profession certainly doesn't invalidate the message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 10:58 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You know that how? While the text isn't clear on her being a prostitute, it is clear that she had some history.

In any event, her making the assumption regarding Mary's profession certainly doesn't invalidate the message.
What did you not understand about the fact that the story of the woman caught in adultery was not about Mary Magdalene anyway? Or a prostitute? The poster got the story completely wrong while arrogantly claiming that other people change the "Word of God" to suit themselves.

It also shows that people who use the Bible to condemn others often don't even know what's written in the Bible. As does this whole thread.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:15 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
I challenge anyone to provide any scripture that supports the sin of homosexual acts.

We have seen the bible condemns it but you want to claim other wise so show us where that sin is honored. If God makes people that way then He must condone it. Give us your evidence or stop your lies about God and admit you reject God for your sin.

Put up or shut up!
I challenge you to provide any scripture that even mentions gay or lesbian people at all. You appear to be confusing a couple of references to ritual vaginal and anal sex practices used in worshipping pagan fertility gods, pagan temple prostitution, and male rape of strangers (something that is most often committed by heterosexual men) with gay and lesbian people. It's a common misconception with people who don't know much about the Biblical texts or the cultures in which they were written. And who don't know much about gay and lesbian people.

Meanwhile, I could show you scripture that condones (or sometimes even commands) the kidnapping and rape of young virgin girls, mass murder, the stoning to death of disobedient children, men having multiple wives and concubines, slavery etc. Do you have any problem with these practices? Or is it only the loving committed relationships of gay and lesbian people you have a problem with?

Last edited by Ceist; 07-13-2013 at 11:24 AM..

Old 07-13-2013, 11:23 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

How is it clear ?.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:27 AM

796 posts, read 858,919 times
Quote:
I challenge you to provide any scripture that even mentions gay or lesbian people at all. You appear to be confusing a couple of references to ritual vaginal and anal sex practices used in worshipping pagan fertility gods, pagan temple prostitution, and male rape of strangers (something that is most often committed by heterosexual men) with gay and lesbian people. It's a common misconception with people who don't know much about the Biblical texts or the cultures in which they were written. And who don't know much about gay and lesbian people.

Meanwhile, I could show you scripture that condones (or sometimes even commands) the kidnapping and rape of young virgin girls, mass murder, the stoning to death of disobedient children, men having multiple wives and concubines, slavery etc. Do you have any problem with these practices? Or is it only the loving committed relationships of gay and lesbian people you have a problem with?
I have shown that and your wrong about those verses I posted that did not deal with temple prostitutes. Just because one time something is talked about you cannot claim that when something else is talked about it must be the other. That is foolishness. I have proved the scripture condemns it. You cannot provide one scripture to support it. Now can you?

Point proven! Case closed! Your exposed!

Thank you for playing.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:29 AM

796 posts, read 858,919 times
Anybody? Can you provide any scripture what this sin you claim God makes people do is approved? If you cant then you must stop blaming God for your sin.

Any of you up to the challenge? I dare you! come on don't be a wimp! Prove me wrong with your pro homo verse. Just one.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:40 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How is it clear ?.
I think it is just a little confusion with "the woman at the well."

Old 07-13-2013, 11:45 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:

Jaymax,you are up against the masters of what sin is and isn't, who is a sinner and who isn't. They have spent a life time dwelling upon these 2 issues,we are what we continually dwell upon(so no prizes for guessing who the sinners are)So is it any wonder the love of God,the over abounding grace of God and the richness of his mercy goes right over their heads.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I think it is just a little confusion with "the woman at the well."
No...it really isn't. She is not the woman at the well-- nor have I suggested it.

Jesus cast 7 demons out of her (Luke 8). It is largely assumed that she was the woman in Luke 7:37-50, but the scripture doesn't say it outright.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:

We all know the Levitical text, as well as Romans 1, but you will outright disregard them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity