Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 07:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepherdMaster View Post
You read John in the gospels? I assume so. So why do you reject Revelation? Jesus revealing himself, and his future actions.
I don't, I simply approach it with an entirely different understanding to you. You are in darkness if you are reading it literally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 07:39 PM

183 posts, read 192,885 times
Yeah, I do read it literally.

God will literally destroy the earth, again.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I do read it literally.

I gathered you did. Xx

Old 10-22-2013, 07:43 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Try wrapping your heart and mind around this: "Everyone is drawn to the Father (Spirit) through me."
It appears that many are in need of correction,
"For this is my son in whom I am well pleased; listen to him."

Good idea, and wrapping the heart around it is the KEY. I'm really glad I am not appointed to obstruct the gates of heaven. Those who are remind me of the tea party obstructionists - they are similar.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Was meditating (or medicating, as the case may be ) on this passage and suddenly the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to the reality of what Jesus was saying. It's like when a government passes national health insurance for its people. If you're a citizen of that country you are automatically covered. It doesn't require any action on your part except to go to the doctor when you're sick and you receive treatment.

Same with Jesus' sacrifice. His death opened the gates of heaven to everyone--atheist, agnostic, Hindu, Buddhist, doesn't matter. We are all citizens of heaven now by virtue of His death and resurrection. It does NOT require a unilateral action on our part such as making a public proclamation "I accept Jesus as my Savior". If you were born you automatically are enrolled in "salvation assurance". When you die you come to the Father through Jesus automatically. "No one comes to the Father but by Me. My death makes it possible for you to come to the Father. Period." That is what Jesus was saying.
The Way to the Father(the awareness and reality of God in our life) is by coming to your senses and remembering who you are.The son came to his senses. My son that was lost is found(so said the Father).

Old 10-23-2013, 12:03 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post

But as far as I know, the general consensus is you must believe in Jesus and that he died for your sins in order to be saved. Am I wrong?
This is what Church Incorporated has taught you for centuries; that you have to make a public confession of your faith; that you have to be baptized; that you have to go to church on Sunday, and most importantly that you have to tithe, otherwise how would they get their millions to buy property around the world and take luxurious Caribbean vacations in the finest resorts.

What I think you don't get is that everything you been programmed to believe about salvation is exactly what they have wanted you to believe in order for THEM to benefit from all the disinformation they have been spoon-feeding you. You derive no benefit at all far as salvation goes because you believe EXACTLY what they want you to believe, not what Christ's gift of salvation is really all about. That's how they stay on top in power and that's how you stay on the bottom. From their POV what they say you need to do to get saved has absolutely NOTHING to do with you getting saved, just them getting your money and you believing they have all the answers that will get you into heaven. Someday these gullible Christians will catch onto the fact it's all about power-trips, guilt-trips and money trips with Christian leaders. Nothing more.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:41 AM

693 posts, read 642,211 times
Quote:
Would I be correct in perceiving that this reference is regarding the "Flood"?

So you interpret the scriptures in Genesis 6 & 7 to imply that the entire Earth was covered under a body
of water? Read Genesis 1:2

So how do you interpret Genesis 9:22, do you think Noah cursed Ham's son because Ham had seen Noah naked?

Quote:
yep, you could have had a V8

Old 10-23-2013, 03:06 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 831,635 times
No one comes to God the Father but through Jesus. That means Jesus has made it possible. The gates of Heaven are open to whom? For every one as UR says or makes Jesus it conditional. If He does no one can make it unconditional. Here are the conditions:
-faith in Jesus Christ to be born again
-going the narrow way, walking in the Spirit, building on the rock
-to remain in Jesus, to follow Him, confess and repentance of sin
- living a holy live, praying, believing God`s word, fellowship with Christ and believers
-doing God`s will
Any revelation has to be according to the word of God. Anyone that does not believe in the word of God is a philosopher and there are many, they are not in the truth. God says, My word stands for ever. Jesus Christ is the word in the beginning and He comes back as the word. He has given His word to His Apostels, who have given it to us, there is no other truth than revealed through Jesus, the Son of the living God. We cannot take one sentence from the bible and interpret it by our own understanding, it has to be in accordance with the whole bible.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
No one comes to God the Father but through Jesus. That means Jesus has made it possible. The gates of Heaven are open to whom? For every one as UR says or makes Jesus it conditional. If He does no one can make it unconditional. Here are the conditions:
-faith in Jesus Christ to be born again
-going the narrow way, walking in the Spirit, building on the rock
-to remain in Jesus, to follow Him, confess and repentance of sin
- living a holy live, praying, believing God`s word, fellowship with Christ and believers
-doing God`s will
Any revelation has to be according to the word of God. Anyone that does not believe in the word of God is a philosopher and there are many, they are not in the truth. God says, My word stands for ever. Jesus Christ is the word in the beginning and He comes back as the word. He has given His word to His Apostels, who have given it to us, there is no other truth than revealed through Jesus, the Son of the living God. We cannot take one sentence from the bible and interpret it by our own understanding, it has to be in accordance with the whole bible.

You are the winner! And you know what the prize is.

There is a singular truth...Not 100million truths.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
Would I be correct in perceiving that this reference is regarding the "Flood"?

So you interpret the scriptures in Genesis 6 & 7 to imply that the entire Earth was covered under a body
of water? Read Genesis 1:2

So how do you interpret Genesis 9:22, do you think Noah cursed Ham's son because Ham had seen Noah naked?

yep, you could have had a V8

No. With each new beginning there is a righteous line and an unrighteous line. Those who follow God, those who belong to him, and those who are against him, those who follow the adversary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity