Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 11:05 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,403,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
He was rather misquoting Romans 1. He was quoting it as though all the sins of Romans 1 began and were caused by homosexuality. That's not what Romans 1 says. It says when a man knows that God exists but cognizantly rejects Him, that man is subject to all kinds of sin, with homosexuality being on the list of possibilities.
Paul purportedly wrote that letter from Corinth. He was writing for the people of his time who would understand the connection to all the local Corinthian temples dedicated to pagan fertility gods when he wrote of people turning away from his God. In these temples, temple prostitutes engaged in ritual vaginal and anal sex to worship pagan fertility gods and goddesses. The men had vaginal sex with the women, then the women had anal sex with the men, and likewise, the men had anal sex with men - while worshiping idolatrous statues and figures in the of form of birds, snakes etc.

This has nothing to do with homosexuals. To use it to condemn 21st century gay and lesbian people is to dishonestly twist it out of it's original context.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:08 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,221,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
He was rather misquoting Romans 1. He was quoting it as though all the sins of Romans 1 began and were caused by homosexuality. That's not what Romans 1 says. It says when a man knows that God exists but cognizantly rejects Him, that man is subject to all kinds of sin, with homosexuality being on the list of possibilities.
Im not sure where you saw him say that. He quoted it word for word.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Paul purportedly wrote that letter from Corinth. He was writing for the people of his time who would understand the connection to all the local Corinthian temples dedicated to pagan fertility gods when he wrote of people turning away from his God. In these temples, temple prostitutes engaged in ritual vaginal and anal sex to worship pagan fertility gods and goddesses. The men had vaginal sex with the women, then the women had anal sex with the men, and likewise, the men had anal sex with men - while worshiping idolatrous statues and figures in the of form of birds, snakes etc.

This has nothing to do with homosexuals. To use it to condemn 21st century gay and lesbian people is to dishonestly twist it out of it's original context.
So you don't think Phil was talking about homosexuality?

Old 12-21-2013, 12:30 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,344,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Heterosexuals openly share their heterosexuality all the time. You just shared your heterosexuality by saying that you had a wife. You just don't notice because you are heterosexual. Imagine if you were a heterosexual living in a predominantly homosexual community and people just assumed you were gay because that was the norm for that area. You got asked if you had a boyfriend or husband almost every day. Are you saying that you wouldn't say "I'm straight. I have a wife".
Sorry Jaymax, i agree with you most of the time, I am not blatantly saying I am heterosexual in the same manner as the point I am made in my post about the guy on the food channel. You'll lose all respect I have for you to try and say otherwise. Making a point that you are gay is not the same, neither would it be if a gay person saying my partner in the same manner I mentioned my wife. Making a point that you are gay is not the same as myself or a gay person speaking about their partner.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:35 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,540,199 times
Home - I am Second

Three generations. One duck related Dynasty. The Robertson family story told through the lens of Phil, Kay, Jep and Reed. Gather friends and family this Thanksgiving season and watch their 30-minute special film. From their humble beginnings and struggle to keep their family together, see what happened before their immense success. #TheRobertsonsR2nd #Novembeard
Looking for a shorter version of this film?
Watch the trailer here
and share with friends and family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwvfH...-5xiqFoI9BGVmQ

Last edited by janelle144; 12-21-2013 at 12:44 AM..

Old 12-21-2013, 01:02 AM

670 posts, read 816,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

Why are we surprised when pagans act like pagans?
I have Pagan friends, I find that offensive and find your attitude very Unchrist like.

I will admit people blowing a statement some one said out of proportion is wrong,
But it's equally wrong to lump all the blame on a minority such as the Pagan communities.
A Pagan I know was defending this mans freedom of speech on another forum.

We might disagree with each other over things but in no way should any of us have our freedom of speech taken away from us.

Many don't think Homosexuality is wrong, find and dandy I don't either, but don't jump down the throats of people who disagree with you especially when they aren't trying to force their lifestyle on you and are merely stating their beliefs.

Tolerance of things you disagree with is fine, but don't take it to an extreme
because Thought control like we see some attempt to do is bogus. If a person doesn't agree with you and it gets to you, change the channel or read a different paper, but in no way should another persons freedom of speech be infringed upon because some ones ego was damaged.

I feel this man was unfairly treated for stating his beliefs.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:14 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,540,199 times
Default I never heard Robertson preach---he's pretty good.

Duck Commander Phil Robertson Talks About Why This Country Needs More Jesus - YouTube

Old 12-21-2013, 05:39 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,403,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So you don't think Phil was talking about homosexuality?
Phil was. Paul wasn't.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:59 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,237,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Hi,

Yes many from heterosexual parents chose a homosexual lifestyle. If carried to the full the only way they can have children is ... not a natural way. The behavior is unnatural, regardless of what the bible says. Biologically unnatural and aberant behavior. Your choice.
What?

Please tell me when you CHOSE to be heterosexual.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What?

Please tell me when you CHOSE to be heterosexual.
I'm sick of this non-sequitur response. When do we heteros choose to be hetero? Every time we engage in the behavior!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity